Alliance Defense Fund
| Christ died so that we may|
write articles about
|A multi-chef broth|
|Devil's in the details|
|The pearly gates|
“”...their (The ADF's) ultimate goal is to see the law and U.S. government enshrined with conservative Christian principles
The Alliance Defense Fund is a right wing religious legal group with an income of nearly $40 Million in 2010.
The ADF is dedicated to:
- Opposing abortion
- Protecting the religious freedom of Christians; i.e.:
- Combating threats to their narrow-minded concept of family values; i.e.:
- Generally giving Christians, especially Conservative Christians power to deny freedom to others
- Fighting the War on Christmas
The group was conceived as a conservative counter to the ACLU. They have, on occasion, done some good -- if self-serving -- work for Christian groups that are unfairly prevented from using school property by officials who don't understand the Establishment Clause. But, then again, so has the ACLU.
On the other hand, they have helped defend the right of the Boy Scouts of America to discriminate against gays. The very nature of their mission runs counter to bothe the spirit and letter of the Constitution of the United States.
Major donors include James Leininger, Erik Prince, Bill and Bradley Foundation, Richard and Helen DeVos Foundation, Berniece Grewcock Foundation, and the Bolthouse Foundation which insists that "man was created by a direct act of God in His image, not from previously existing creatures"  
The Christian Legal Centre is a British organization suspected receiving funding from the ADF. The CLC and ADF jointly set up the UK based Wilberforce Academy which tries to train Christians as public leaders. Overall the Christian Legal Centre is less successful than the ADF claims to be.
The Christian Legal Centre has lost a high proportion of the cases taken on, while the ADF claims a high success rate. Polling evidence suggests that the percentage of Christians in the United States falls by about 1% yearly. As the proportion of Christians continues to decline the culture in the United States is likely to more closely resemble that of Britain making it harder for the ADF to win cases.
- ↑ http://www.rightwingwatch.org/content/alliance-defense-fund
- ↑ http://www.sourcewatch.org/index.php?title=Alliance_Defense_Fund
- ↑ http://www.opposingviews.com/i/religion/christianity/christian-brian-johnson-sues-hand-out-bibles-gay-pride-rally
- ↑ If successful this could set a precedent allowing secularists to hand out material by authors like Richard Dawkins at Christian events. Can these Christians think things through? 
- ↑ No Theocracy, Thanks
- ↑ What is the Alliance Defense Fund, and why does Bill O'Reilly advocate donating to it?
- ↑ Christian Legal Centre fights more than 50 religious discrimination cases
- ↑ Alliance Defense Fund