|The colorful pseudoscience|
|Hating thy neighbour|
|Divide and conquer|
|Voice of the voiceful|
|Lest women catch up|
|Bros before hoes|
“”The Alt-Right is a racial movement and if you've heard otherwise then you've heard wrong.
|—mod of the banned subreddit /r/AltRight, LetThereBeWhite|
The alt-right (abbreviated AR and an antonym for "all right"[note 1]) or new right is a far-right movement that opposes multiculturalism and social justice movements (or what they call "Cultural Marxists" and "SJWs"). The movement is made up largely of young Internet-dwellers; it is itself the merger of traditional white nationalists, neo-Nazis, and right-wing internet groups (such as the neoreactionary movement and right-leaning Gamergaters). The alt-right consensus generally rests at the juncture of those three groups. The alt-right is also united by its support for U.S. Republican President Donald Trump. The term originated with Richard Spencer's white nationalist magazine/blog Alternative Right, nicknamed "AltRight".
The alt-right wholeheartedly embraces the overt racism, misogyny, neo-Nazi affectations, bullying and trolling of chan culture as a lifestyle. You'll find them on /pol/, /r/The_Donald, My Posting Career or The Right Stuff; they make up a sizable fraction of the more radical and uncouth sections of Gamergate. They're also the ones who popularized "cuckservative" as a term of abuse for those on the right who are deemed not racist enough.
Whether they are primarily neoreactionaries who are into white nationalism or white nationalists dressing their ideas up with neoreactionary jargon is probably a distinction without a difference. The term "alt-right" has come to be more generally used for Trump supporters who think swastikas are good; in this context, it's just a hip name for white supremacists.
“”The alt-right began with a speech the conservative writer Paul Gottfried gave in 2008, after the Republican Party's electoral wipeout. […] But it was Donald Trump's presidential campaign that brought the movement into the mainstream".
|—The Washington Post|
|Richard Spencer uses chopsticks to deftly pluck slivers of togarashi-crusted ahi from a rectangular plate. He is sitting in the Continental-style lounge of the Firebrand Hotel, near his home in the upscale resort town of Whitefish, Montana, discussing a subject not typically broached in polite company. "Race is something between a breed and an actual species," he says, likening the differences between whites and people of color to those between golden retrievers and basset hounds. "It's that powerful."
We are well into our third round of Arrogant Frog, a merlot that Spencer chose because its name reminds him of Pepe, the cartoon frog commandeered as a mascot by the "alt-right" movement that has been thrust from the shadows by Donald Trump's presidential campaign. Spencer says Pepe could also be seen as the reincarnation of an ancient Egyptian frog deity, Kek: "He is basically using the alt-right to unleash chaos and change the world," he says, looking slightly annoyed when I crack a smile. "You might say, 'Wow,' but this is literally how religions arise."
“”The alt-right is a loser's poor fantasy of what a radical revolution looks like. I should know.
|—from former neo-Nazi Jacob Bacharach|
“”The alt-right is just a euphemism for Nazism.
|—The Daily Stormer|
Superstructure taken from:
Whites are under attack
The subbreddit /r/AltRight defines itself thusly:
|The Alt-Right, unlike the dominant ideology of the 20th Century (Liberalism/Conservatism), examines the world through a lens of realism. Rather than continue to look at the world through the ideological blinders that Liberalism imposes in its dogmatic evangelism of the Equalitarian religion, we prefer to look & examine social relations & demographics from a perspective of what's real. Thus, racial & sexual realism is a key component of the Alt-Right — perhaps the key component that ties the diverse factions within it together. Another core principle of the Alt-Right is Identitarianism. Identitarianism is the prioritization of social identity, regardless of political persuasion. Thus, the Alt-Right promotes White Identity and White Nationalism.|
Men are under attack
Language is under attack
“”If you don’t like the Religious Right, just wait till you see the Post-Religious Right.
The full spectrum from neoreaction through to the alt-right came out solidly for Donald Trump as 2016 Presidential nominee. In an interview with MSNBC, Republican strategist Rick Wilson characterised Trump supporters as an online movement of anti-Semites and "childless single men who masturbate to anime," noting the "Hitler iconography in their Twitter icons and names." Elements of the alt-right have also been sympathetic to Nigel Farage, Vladimir Putin and Brexit—although some white nationalists call for a European superstate built along ethnic lines, not unlike Oswald Mosley's "Europe a Nation" policy.
Steve Bannon, the former CEO of the Trump campaign and now Trump's Chief Political Strategist in the White House, is also tied in with the alt-right and anti-"Establishment" populism; he was the former executive chairman of Breitbart News LLC and "turned Breitbart into Trump Pravda for his own personal gain", according to former Breitbart employee Ben Shapiro. Under his leadership, Breitbart embraced "the white supremacist alt-right", and the website "[became] the alt-right go-to website", according to Shapiro.
- Daily Stormer: A Neo-Nazi news rag that claims to be the web's #1 alt-right site.
- Milo Yiannopoulos: Former Breitbart.com "technology editor", Donald Trump fanboy and attention whore who previously functioned as something of an apologist and spokesperson for the alt-right movement.
- Triple parentheses: The alt-right promoted this antisemitic meme, even Jewish journalists such as Yiannopoulos
- Vox Day: Pen name of the infamous Theodore Beale, crank saint of the Alt-right and originator of the Alt-right list of Festivus grievances.
- The Cuck-o-tron 3000! An all-purpose generator of valuable alt-right discourse.
- I’m not Sith, I’m Alt-Jedi, clarifies Darth Vader
- Clinton mentioned the alt-right, and they went berserk. Meanwhile the "alt-light" (the Gamergate-esque subset of the alt-right who didn't quite know what they were getting into) mocked Clinton for suggesting that Pepe had anything to do with fascism.
- Alternative Right (Southern Poverty Law Center)
- Vox explainer on the alt-right
- How they describe themselves, as per Reddit. DON'T BELIEVE THE MSM SHILLS!
- Cyanide and Happiness explains: Neo-Nazi Simulator 2016
- Are Jews White? The Atlantic on the Alt-Right's love/hate of Jews
- ↑ Get it?
- ↑ http://web.archive.org/web/20161116004855/https://www.reddit.com/r/altright/comments/4zr372/to_the_new_subscribers_coming_from_rthe_donald/
- ↑ Wiegel, David; Wagner, John (August 23, 2016). "Clinton plans Thursday address in Nevada on Trump and the 'alt-right'". Washington Post.
- ↑ Meet the White Nationalist Trying To Ride The Trump Train to Lasting Power: Alt-right architect Richard Spencer aims to make racism cool again by Josh Harkinson (Oct. 27, 2016 5:00 AM) Mother Jones.
- ↑ http://web.archive.org/web/20170105044602/https://www.reddit.com/r/altright/
- ↑ Zeiger (July 23, 2016). "The Rise of Right-Wing Homos". The Daily Stormer.
- ↑ https://whitemansturban.wordpress.com/2016/12/10/dismantling-the-alt-right-mythology/
- ↑ https://mobile.twitter.com/pattonoswalt/status/782079309330558976
- ↑ http://web.archive.org/web/20160711091803/https://www.reddit.com/r/altright
- ↑ https://twitter.com/douthatnyt/status/704462319074594816
- ↑ Heather, GOP Strategist Calls Trump Supporters 'Childless, Single Men Who Masturbate To Anime', Crooks and Liars, Jan. 19, 2016.
- ↑ Everett, Chris (August 4, 2016). "The 'alternative' right has a Putin problem". Comment Central.
- ↑ Gais, Hannah (June 28, 2016). "Alt-Right Emboldened". The Washington Spectator.
- ↑ See the Wikipedia article on Europe a Nation.
- ↑ See the Wikipedia article on Stephen Bannon.
- ↑ Shapiro, Ben."I Know Trump's New Campaign Chairman, Steve Bannon. Here's What You Need To Know.". The Daily Wire.
- ↑ https://voxday.blogspot.se/2016/08/what-alt-right-is.html