Thanks to everyone for helping us break last years record!
Details to be posted soon, awesome job!
|Goal: $7,200||Donations so far: $7690.21|
We are 100% user-supported! Help and donate today!
Conservative correctness is a term referring to the branch of political correctness practiced by conservatives. Where as political correctness attempts to minimize offense through the rebranding of certain words and terms to be neutral or inclusive, its conservative counterpart rebrands terms to include extreme political bias. Concepts which are liked are Americanized or linked with positive thoughts such as freedom or liberty, while the disliked terms are rebranded in the most negative light possible - notably describing homosexuality as an "unnatural vice", for example. "C.C." is especially ironic considering that the most heated decrying of "P.C." usually comes from conservatives.
- "Sauerkraut" becoming "liberty cabbage," "hamburgers" becoming "liberty steak," and German measles becoming "liberty measles" during World War I
- David Horowitz's "Academic Bill of Rights"
- The rebranding of "French fries" as "freedom fries" in the Congressional cafeteria after the French refused to support the U.S. invasion of Iraq in 2003
- Attempts to "teach the controversy" by creationists in biology courses, and global warming deniers in environmental science courses.
- Any number of campaigns against plays or films, such as Life of Brian or Jesus Christ Superstar, on the grounds that they are "offensive to Christians;" conservative Catholic groups are particularly fond of this tactic
- Encouragement of anti-gay activists to eschew the words "gay" and "homosexual" in favor of such phrases as "unnatural vice" and "anti-Christian"
- In April 2011, J. Crew published an ad featuring the company's president, Jenna Lyons, painting her son's toenails pink, with the caption, "Saturday with Jenna -- Lucky for me, I ended up with a boy whose favorite color is pink. Toenail painting is way more fun in neon." Fox News quickly assembled a few conservative "experts" who denounced the ad as "blatant propaganda celebrating transgendered children." The Media Research Center also called the ad "propaganda pushing the celebration of gender-confused boys wanting to dress and act like girls." In this case, conservative correctness dictated that anything besides gender/sexual orientation heteronormativity shouldn't be shown in public.
- Global warming deniers whining about being called "deniers." They prefer the term "skeptic."
- In 1999, New York City Mayor Rudy Giuliani raised a stink over two pieces being displayed in the Brooklyn Museum of Art. One was "Piss Christ," a crucifix in, appropriately, a jar of piss. The other was "Black Madonna," a black Virgin Mary covered in cow shit. However, he had no religious objections to dressing in drag.
- "Enhanced interrogation techniques"
- "Homicide bombing"
- "insensitive" and "offended" have taken on a meaning of "don't say things I don't like. For example, Atheist billboards are insensitive to Christians.  and Barack Obama's family in France is "offensive" to hard working Americans.
- Hard Working Americans (also known as "normal" or "regular" Americans) - anyone who votes for the Right, but is not rich enough to gain any benefit from voting for the Right - so the only reason they vote with the Right is to feel "included".
- Republicans changing the names of committees in the House of Representatives to change "labor" to "workforce" and remove any mention of "civil rights"
- "Free speech zones"
- The Dixie Chicks causing controversy by criticizing George Bush.
- Losing Our Religion: The Liberal Media's Attack on Christianity by S.E. Cupp. A sort of Bible for the conservatively correct.
- "Private military contractor"
- ↑ Michael K Fauntroy, From Political Correctness to Conservative Correctness (www.michaelfauntroy.com, 21st May, 2004)
- ↑ Bill Scher Conservative Correctness, (www.liberaloasis.com, 8th February 2007)
- ↑ http://losalamitos.patch.com/articles/global-warming
- ↑ http://www.americanindependent.com/178239/christian-conservatives-discuss-strategy-for-fighting-war-against-gays-start-with-semantics
- ↑ 
- ↑ The MRC's Transgender Freakout
- ↑ http://www.philowiki.com/wiki/index.php/Artistic_criticism_of_Christianity
- ↑ http://friendlyatheist.com/2010/11/29/you-know-its-a-myth-billboard-generates-controversy/
- ↑ http://www.amconmag.com/article/2003/dec/15/00012/
- ↑ http://www.cnn.com/2003/SHOWBIZ/Music/03/14/dixie.chicks.reut/