Debate:Has this website slipped into autocracy?
Hi, I'm an old member who doesn't want to reveal his identity. I was active here about 18 months ago but lost interest for various reasons. But I have always maintained a presence, occasionally lurking, occasionally posting under an IP. But what has really scared me of late is this constant drift towards autocracy and rule structures. Its like this website ain't what it used to be, far too many people are obsessed with creating regulations and 'reforming' the site, rather than just having a good time, and mocking conservapedia etc. In fact, it comes across as rather dull now, people are far too edgy on this site and fly off the handle all the time, some doing the whole 'leaving and never coming back' routine, only to re-appear the following weak etc. etc.
- Without a better idea of what you're talking about in referring to "autocracy" I don't know how to respond. The single concrete example you gave is to Nx rangeblocking some IPs from which repeated raunchy defamatory posts outing a (presumed) real person's name were made. That's trivial. Care to be a little more specific? 16:51, 18 April 2010 (UTC)
|Why is MarcusCicero unbinned?|
This is John's brother. I know he has been using this account for a variety of reasons, none of them productive for his troublesome history of mental health problems. For obvious reasons I don't want to go into details about this but suffice to say my mother and father have decided to withdraw his access from the internet for the duration of his most recent treatment process.
I apologise on my brothers behalf for any problems he may have caused this website during his period of instability. As you know, his posts have been of a bizarre quality but that is merely a reflection of his real world mental anguishes. MarcusCicero (talk) 23:09, 11 July 2009 (UTC)
My glorious run has ended. This is not a case of 'leaving and never coming back', but more a case of 'burn out'. I created a personality on the internet so radically different from the real life version that I've forgotten even what trolls remorse feels like.. (You can thank Refugee over on RWW for providing the impetus) My highlights on RW:
One regret: Stooping to do the mental illness stunt. That was a terrible miscalculation. Adios RW! I may pop in from time to time, but at least now you'll know for sure than I'm a fully fledged troll! MarcusCicero 19:48, 5 December 2009 (UTC)
On the other hand, the temptation to shake the ant farm and watch them scurrying to each others aid is far too great to overcome. MarcusCicero (talk) 10:45, 7 June 2010 (UTC)
Unfortunately I have to agree, for example, someone obviously frustrated with the cheerleader trolls, created a new account and a redirect from Cheerleader to Bitch. They were immediately vandal binned without even a warning. Shoot first, don't ask later. -- Nx / talk 17:14, 18 April 2010 (UTC)
- you see, its this 'shoot first and ask questions later' philosophy that is at fault. This website is not about that. You should be ashamed of yourselves for ruining this website. This used to be a fun website, once.
- P.s, I suppose I should have expected to face such derogatory treatment for calling you people to be account. I largely ignored MarcusCicero, which is what you're meant to do. Those of you who fed him are to blame. ByPippen! (talk) 17:16, 18 April 2010 (UTC)
- How did you know I was MC? I thought I hid it well, though its always difficult to hide my contempt. ByPippen! (talk) 20:15, 18 April 2010 (UTC)
- But you people are so wrong, and my arguments are so right, how can I use alternate arguments? ByPippen! (talk) 20:18, 18 April 2010 (UTC)
- You are becoming authoritarian
- I am a long-term lurker
- People I disagree with are obsessive
- People I disagree with are dull
- 'Leaving and never coming back' is stupid
- This place used to be fun
- General spelling errors
- These aren't things you should expect people to agree with exactly on. Try varying some of the more specific ones. Mei (talk) 20:20, 18 April 2010 (UTC)
- Maybe you shouldn't be so quick to casually make fun Asperger's syndrome then? FWIW I wasn't trying to offend you. You asked how we could tell it was you and I answered. Mei (talk) 20:31, 18 April 2010 (UTC)
- You see what I did just there? I trolled you to evoke an emotional response. And you answered. I WIN. I don't have dyslexia, I just use that as a ready made excuse for being a bad and lazy speller. ByPippen! (talk) 20:40, 18 April 2010 (UTC)
- Agree. - π 23:50, 18 April 2010 (UTC)