Thanks to everyone for helping us break last years record!
Details to be posted soon, awesome job!
|Goal: $7,200||Donations so far: $7690.21|
We are 100% user-supported! Help and donate today!
|Some dare call it|
A conspiracy theory is an attempt to explain a perceived real-world occurrence through the actions of a secretive, usually evil group. Not all conspiracy theories are wrong, but if the theory requires greater suspension of disbelief than random chance would to explain the occurrence, it should be examined skeptically. Conspiracies manifest themselves across the political spectrum. Most of the theories in the list below are crackpot, but a few, sadly, are reasonable and a couple are almost certainly true.
Scientific conspiracy theories
- The Codex Alimentarius is a plan to poison us all.
- It is only a matter of time before "they" start implanting RFID chips in humans. (As described in the movie Conspiracy Theory starring Mel Gibson.)
- The Moon Landing was a hoax.
- All scientists are trying to foist the false theory of Evolution on the public at the behest of Satan.
- Global warming is a hoax created by the UN and politically funded scientists/environmentalists, aided by Al Gore and many others to put cap and trade in place for monetary gain. See also: Climategate.
- AIDS was created by the CIA and deliberately spread by the WHO via polio inoculations in Africa, to reduce the world population.
- All scientists and politicians are trying to cover up:
- The United States is hiding UFO wreckage at Area 51.
- The UFO wreckage theory is used as a smokescreen by the government to cover up the fact that Area 51 is a testing ground for experimental aircraft.
- The United States Department of Defense (DOD) is experimenting with:
- Green M&Ms (or in Canada, Smarties) contain aphrodisiacs.
- The "Scalar Interferometer" is a powerful scalar wave superweapon that the Soviet Union used for years to modify weather in the rest of the world. See , . It taps the quantum vacuum energy, using a method discovered by T. Henry Moray in the 1920s. It may have brought down the Columbia spacecraft . See also .
- Water fluoridation is part of an insidious Communist plot to sap and impurify our precious bodily fluids.
- The "Russian woodpecker" over-the-horizon radar signals heard on shortwave radio are actually a Soviet mind control experiment. You can protect your brain by wearing you-know-what.
- The Earth is hollow, with a hole to the "underworld" located in the Arctic regions, protected by the world's superpowers, or flat, with an army of supersoldiers guarding the ice wall around the outside.
- The mass die-offs of honeybees are attributable to megacorporation's desire to control the food supply.
- The US government is operating a Stargate program and that the Iraq War may have been caused because Saddam Hussein had one.
- That ample evidence of alien life and civilization exists in our solar system, but is covered up by NASA. See Mars Anomaly Research.
- Gravity -- the biggest conspiracy of them all. The only way to defy it, is for everyone to stop believing it. That's why birds can fly, no bird believes in it.
- Revolutionary free energy technology is being suppressed by governments and the oil industry.
- It is possible to power a normal car with plain water.
- Similarly, big oil and big science are conspiring to cover up methods of generating abiotic oil.
- The "cure" for cancer actually exists but is being suppressed by the government.
Terrorist conspiracy theories
- The government is minimizing the involvement of up to 17 men besides Terry Nichols and Timothy McVeigh in the OKC bombing, said men likely to be government informants and/or provocateurs.
- 9/11 was staged by the US Government.
- 9/11 was staged by the Israeli government.
- JFK jet fuel and other maladroit "terrorism" attempts are conspiracies
- World Trade Center Building 7 was purposely detonated by Them to prevent discovery of secret plans for something-or-other.
- The Pentagon was not hit by an aircraft on 9/11, but a US missile.
- The 2009 swine flu outbreak is a terrorist attack.
- Osama bin Laden is not dead / has been dead for long / is an invention of the American government.
- Anders Behring Breivik was secretly a pawn of the Islamists/Jews/Masons/(insert bogeyman here).
Criminal conspiracy theories
- J. Edgar Hoover was blackmailing important people in the US Government to keep his job as head of the FBI.
- ...and was, himself, being blackmailed by the Mafia not to investigate organized crime.
Political conspiracy theories
- The Nazis are everywhere
- The Republicans used legal chicanery and fraud to win the 2000 U.S. Presidential Election.
- And the 2004 one.
- And they tried but failed in in 2008.
- That they tried and managed to do it.
- And they'll try it again in 2012.
- That a group of "community organizers" called ACORN stuffed the ballot boxes for Obama in 2008.
- Hitler did not commit suicide in 1945, and escaped to South America
- The CIA experimented on individuals with LSD without the subjects knowledge in a project known as Project MKULTRA. (This one's true, BTW)
- Former U.S. Vice President Richard B. "Dick" Cheney ordered Scooter Libby to expose Valerie Plame as an undercover CIA officer.
- JFK was not killed by Lee Harvey Oswald, acting alone.
- Malcom X was killed by government agents (Not technically true, although the FBI had infiltrated the Nation of Islam)
- JFK was killed at the behest of Lyndon Johnson, or Richard Nixon, or the Mafia, or the Communists, or the Vatican, or...
- RFK was not killed by Sirhan Sirhan, acting alone, or that Sirhan Sirhan was brainwashed into killing Kennedy.
- Martin Luther King Jr. was not killed by a lone gunman, either.
- John Hinckley, Jr. had been brainwashed into trying to assassinate Ronald Reagan, at the behest of George Herbert Walker Bush. This attempt to kill Reagan and let Bush step in failed, though by a very small margin. Alternately, it was to bolster Reagan's popularity (although he was already), and set Bush up to succeed him possibly.
- Bush deliberately lied to get the US to invade Iraq. (As opposed to being simply incompetent.)
- President Dwight D. Eisenhower, Allen Dulles and Chief Justice Earl Warren were all Communist agents
- The Reagan campaign made a deal with the Iranian government not to release the hostages until after Reagan was elected President.
- Roosevelt intentionally goaded Japan into war pursuant to a strategy outlined in the McCollum Memo.
- Roosevelt knew about the Pearl Harbor attack in advance, and let it happen.
- Bush et al. knew about the 9/11 attacks in advance. and let them happen.
- Gary Webb was suicided by the CIA and/or drug interests. Gary Webb wrote about the CIA and the crack cocaine epidemic, and his death by multiple gunshots to the head was ruled a suicide.
- Bill and Hillary Clinton had 50 people murdered, and got off scot-free.
- The Republican Party has been infiltrated by subversives. (This one isn't so crazy, if you assume "the subversives" are the ones trying to subvert the American traditions of Separation of Church and State, Science, the social safety net, democracy, and anti-authoritarianism. If you think they're the Godless Communists(tm)...it's kinda kooky.)
- The whole world is run by a group trying to create some form of New World Order.
- The leaders of the US, Mexico, and Canada are conspiring to merge all three countries into the North American Union and adopt the Amero as a common currency, for... some reason.
- FEMA is on the brink of dissolving the US government and shipping all of the country's undesireables to concentration camps for slaughter or deprogramming.
- That Lincoln was killed by a Jesuit conspiracy
- United States flags which have gold trim around them represent a different country, or are an attempt by the Jews/Masons/bankers/etc. to destroy American sovereignty. Also argued by tax protesters to signal that a court is under maritime law, a common argument in pseudolaw.
- The United Nations is a conspiracy by Them to eliminate and invade sovereign nations with 'peacekeeper' troops to create a World Government/New World Order.
- The United Nations is secretly bringing white UN military vehicles into the USA to overthrow the Government
- Thousands of Chinese troops are massing on the Mexican border to invade the USA.
- Hurricane Gustav was created by NOAA (an obscure, hidden branch of it) as an excuse to keep the Pretender and his Boss away from the GOP National Convention because __________________________________ (fill in the blank) 
- The CIA is shipping prisoners to other countries to have them tortured. There's evidence for this one.
- Oh, wait—they've admitted to this one.
- The entire left wing movement as it exists today is run by Moveon.Org and the DailyKos, and is funded by George Soros.
- The swine flu outbreak of 2009 was engineered by the American government, with the eventual aim of declaring martial law, herding everyone into FEMA concentration camps, and forcibly vaccinating people with the virus in order to deliberately depopulate the Earth so that the masterminds of the New World Order can take control.
- A vast number of American institutions are working together to "turn America into an amoral, humanist country, ripe for merger into a one-world socialist state". At least according to the book Mind Siege.
- The spoof book Report from Iron Mountain is real, and government plans on instituting slavery, eugenics, population control, staged UFO and environmental crises, etc. in the event of world peace, because it believes the social functions served by warfare will have to be replaced with substitutes lest society collapse if there is peace.
- The fall of the Eastern bloc is in most part due to Western involvement and propaganda (popular among nostalgics of the Soviet bloc).
- There's a conspiracy against Dominique Strauss-Kahn, ex-head of the IMF.
- Gays want to take over the country and recruit our children.
- Gun control is a tool to prevent population from revolting against the government.
- Atheists/Muslims/Religious minorities want to oppress Christians.
- TWA Flight 800 was shot down by the Navy/Air Force/CIA/Other agency with an acronym
Economic and business conspiracy theories
- The world is secretly ruled by the Rothschild family, who are a family of extremely successful and powerful bankers. (See Rothschild banking family of England at Wikipedia) The evidence? They're Jewish!
- Oil companies are deliberately suppressing better car technology.
- Oil companies, Dick Cheney, and George Bush conspired to invade Iraq to take over their oil. (Obviously this is false and they really did want to save the world from Saddam Hussein's WMD's.)
- Shortly before 9/11, many individuals or institutions with prior knowledge shorted airline stocks and made a fortune.
- The Federal Reserve deliberately causes inflation and recessions.
- British candy names differed from US candy names in order to trick American tourists into buying the wrong thing.
- British candy names were changed to match US candy names in order to trick Britons into buying the wrong thing.
- That the Coca-Cola company intentionally changed the formula of its marquee product with the intent of trying to boost sales for the "real thing."
- The corporations are secretly but deliberately planning to kill us all.
- The Second Bush Iraq War is really about getting oil for China so that the Chinese can ship cheap goods to Wal-Mart.
- Monsanto Company is secretly maneuvering to control the world's food supply using GMOs (genetically modified organisms).
- That there's a secret banking system even more profitable than hedge funds that only the rich have access to, but if you know the right people and pool your assets, you can make massive amounts of cash...
- Big businesses and politicians are in league to increase the number of prisoners in the US to make a profit. (Again some evidence for this) 
Religious conspiracy theories
- There is a huge, organized conspiracy to commit the Satanic ritual abuse and murder of small children.
- The Dead Sea Scrolls have been deliberately suppressed because they reveal a lost truth about Jesus.
- Jesus was actually married to Mary Magdalene...
- ...and they had kids...
- ...and the Knights Templar are still around and trying to prevent people from finding out.
- The Jews secretly run everything (the international Jewish conspiracy).
- The Jews were behind the 9/11 attacks.
- The Catholic Church secretly runs everything.
- The Catholic Church was behind the 9/11 attacks.
- The Catholic Church conspire to cover up instances of paedophilic abuse of children by priests. Remember, conspiracy theories need not always be false.
- The Masons secretly run everything.
- ...including the Roman Catholic Church.
- ...and they designed the street layout in Washington, D.C. to put the city under Satanic control.
- That all modern secret societies are branches of a single, ancient society called the "Brotherhood of the Snake."
- The Capitol Of Nebraska building is the ritual center for Satanic rites, the proof for this including the number of penises that can be discovered in the art work.
- Biblical longevity is apparently a conspiracy theory about something or other.
- The Vatican assassinated Pope John Paul I.
Popular culture conspiracy theories
- That Elvis Presley is not dead and is living under the name "John Burrows."
- That Elizabeth II had Princess Diana murdered by the British secret service because she was pregnant with Dodi Fayed's child and was about to convert to Islam.
- That O.J. Simpson did not kill his ex-wife and her boyfriend and that there is a "real killer."
- That the "Men in Black" are real.
- That Tupac Shakur was not murdered, and he is living in Cuba under the name "Jamal Millwood;" or that the Illuminati had Tupac murdered for some reason.
- That Michael Jackson faked his death.
- Jim Morrison faked his death.
- Pro wrestling is real.
- Paul McCartney is dead and was replaced by a look-alike.
- The Earl of Oxford/Francis Bacon/Queen Elizabeth/Christopher Marlowe wrote the plays and poems attributed to Shakespeare of Stratford, who was just a front-man.
- Andrew W.K. is more than one person. May be Luciferian in nature and tied to many occult movements. 
Just plain whacko conspiracy theories
- The Royal Family of England, along with the Bushes, the Clintons, and many other rich, prestigious families, are actually man-eating shapeshifting lizard-people from the fourth dimension.
- That the above conspiracy theory was invented by another conspiracy to discredit conspiracy theorists.
- The Royal Family of England, along with the Bushes, the Clintons, and many other rich, prestigious families, are part of a massive multi-generational conspiracy to...well, it's not clear, but it involved switching from a 432 Hz "A" to a 440 Hz "A".
- A Yiddish secret society called Goy Cabal is using Wikipedia as part of a plan to dominate the world.
- There Is A Cabal
- There is NOT a Cabal.
- Barack Obama is a secret closet Muslim from Hawaii who was synthesized in Kenya for the purpose of ______ (fill in the blank).
- Barack Obama and Osama bin Laden are the same person.
- Conservapedia is an encyclopedic resource for home-schoolers.
Miscellaneous conspiracy theories
- Holocaust denial
- The belief that an army of bamboos are working with vast quotes to forsake every caterer in existence.
- Stanley Kubrick was secretly a member of the Illuminati and devoted his entire career to hiding clues of their existence in his films, eventually getting assassinated after he crossed the line with his last film Eyes Wide Shut.
Films on conspiracy theories
- Any film made by Alex Jones
- Conspiracy Theory
- Executive Action
- Loose Change
- The Tanos Conspiracy
Top ten conspiracy theories in the UK
- Area 51 exists to investigate aliens (48%)
- 9/11 was orchestrated by the US government (38%)
- Apollo landing was a hoax (35%)
- Diana and Dodi were murdered (32%)
- The Illuminati secret society and masons are trying to take over the world (25%)
- Scientologists rule Hollywood (17% )
- Barcodes are really intended to control people (7%)
- Microsoft sends messages via Wingdings (6%)
- US let Pearl Harbor happen (5%)
- The world is run by dinosaur-like reptiles (3%)
It has been suggested that the results may have been influenced by Fox's marketing campaign.
- ↑ Doctors back plan to store medical info under your skin (06-27-2007, AP)
- ↑ Urban Legends Reference Pages
- ↑ http://www.exopolitics.org/Study-Paper2.htm Perhaps Sadam was Goa'uld
- ↑ Briley, 2005
- ↑ The goal was to create a "Manchurian Candidate" using acid. It didn't work and instead gave Ken Kesey access to his first hit and inspired many hippies
- ↑ Speaking of the Lone Gunman, 9/11 was predicted in an X-files spin-off pilot "The Lone Gunman" in March of 2001. Sounds strange, but I have the episode somewhere, and it is eerily similar...those Hollywood writers were thinking further ahead than the White House. But then again, in the episode from March of 2001, evil doers in the Military Industrial Complex attempted to carry out a plot to take over a jet airliner by remote control and fly it into the WTC, and "blame it on the Muslims." In this case, a work of fiction portraying a conspiracy predated the event that resulted in a conspiracy theory.
- ↑ http://www.answers.com/topic/john-birch-society
- ↑ See Day of Deceit
- ↑ See Gary Webb at wikipedia
- ↑ Ha! I knew it!
- ↑ Republican Party infiltrated by subversives....
- ↑ http://www.chick.com/catalog/comics/0251.asp Ok, there was a criminal conspiracy to kidnap or kill Lincoln and other high ranking officials by Booth and several other southern sympathizers but the S.J. wasn't involved, nor did it have any long term plans beyond trying to revive the Confederacy. Why the Jesuits would be involved or support the Confederacy hasn't been made clear anyway...
- ↑ http://www.apfn.org/apfn/flag.htm http://message.snopes.com/showthread.php?t=1067
- ↑ http://www.greaterthings.com/News/UN_vehicles.htm
- ↑ http://www.greaterthings.com/News/UN_vehicles.htm
- ↑ http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20080831/ap_on_go_pr_wh/bush_gustav
- ↑ The Perpetual Prisoner Machine)
- ↑ http://www.balaams-ass.com/journal/prophecy/baal.htm
- ↑ http://fstdt.com/fundies/comments.aspx?q=39024
- ↑ http://www.michaeljacksonsightings.com This was inevitible.
- ↑ http://what-happened-to-awk.weebly.com/index.html
- ↑ Betcha thought I made this one up, didn't you?
- ↑ Betcha thought that one was made up too, didn't you?
- ↑ Which was shit by the way.
- ↑ Conspiracy beliefs UK Poll
- ↑ Fox marketing?
- Briley, Patrick B. FBI Files, Actions Conceal 17 Federal OKC Bombing Provocateurs, 2006-06-22,  retrieved on 2007-06-27
- The World's Weirdest/Stupidest Conspiracy Theories
- History's greatest conspiracy theories
- List of "Assassinations" by Aircraft Accident LeftSpace wiki