Background: Looked up "abortion" and "homosexuality" on Google while bored with a philosophy paper. The latter lead to Conservapedia, which was hilarious to no end. Eventually I searched "Conservapedia" and found RationalWiki, so now I'm in the habit of checking the CP WIGO and skimming articles.
Seems like the typical background, come to think of it. Anyway, bothered to make an account and fix a typo'd Lenski link, so hi.
Hopefully I'll contribute more than that, to justify making this page...
~ Kupochama  21:26, 26 July 2009 (UTC)
Given my poor memory for people, below is basically a personal Best of Conservapedia, lest I forget.
Created in honor of Ed Poor.
|God created the world and then man, man incurred the ultimate offense against God, that required the ultimate sacrifice to redeem it, and God intervenes with miracles from time to time as He likes. This is completely logical. Now everyone has free will to reject this and conjure up any alternative theory they like, but Christianity is the most logical religion and the Bible is the most logical book.
|There's no logic in your objection. An intelligent designer is not constrained by an idiotic straight-jacket of consistency.
|Nothing useful has even been designed or built using relativity. If you want to look and look and look for a counterexample then you'll be wasting your time. I'm not going to waste mine. This is my final reply on this topic for now. Do something logical, such as editing the Bible, and after benefiting from that experience we can revisit this issue in a month or so.
|The destruction of distinctions is one of the tactics of liberals and totalitarians ... We can also see it in the drive for [[homosexual marriage]], as if it made any sense to speak of a pair of men (or women) as a "married" couple. ... Liberals and other enemies of US security (and the security of our allies and friends) don't care whether anyone is being tortured. They only want America's enemies to win. So they try to ban things that we need in our fight against them. ... That's why no one really trusts the liberals. They only use people.
|And please don't think (or say!) that we are engaging in censorship here at Conservapedia, as you guys at Wikipedia do. We do follow Jimbo and Larry's original NPOV policy of "describing all viewpoints fairly". It doesn't require censorship to show that a bad idea is bad. Unless you can show at least one diff, where a senior editor censored something ... merely because it disagreed with some conservative shibboleth ... than you ought to stop saying this. I address this not so much to you, as to those who follow you or travel alongside you.
- ↑ 1 Then a user saidimg, "Why is the Bible the world's most logical book?"
- 2 And Andy spake, saying: [link not included]img
- WodewickWelease Wodewick! 22:13, 15 December 2009 (UTC)
- ↑ The best example of Andy's Law since "Muslims don't dance": "An intelligent designer is not constrained by an idiotic straight-jacket of consistency."img
- ↑ http://conservapedia.com/index.php?title=Talk:Counterexamples_to_Relativity&diff=prev&oldid=742330img
- ↑ It's not torture, liberals want America to lose the War
of against Terror, where's their protest against torture elsewhere, and seriously, homosexual marriage isn't. PS: Liberals suck.img --Sid (talk) 22:48, 30 July 2010 (UTC)
- ↑ img 19:12, 16 August 2010 (UTC)
- ↑ I've just read some of his crap over at PJR's blogimg, and the man is seriously unwell. This is not even funny any more, it feels like we're pointing at the kinds on the sunshine bus and laughing at them. DeltaStarSenior SysopSpeciationspeed! 23:57, 1 August 2010 (UTC)