Help us beat last year's record of $7100!
Awesome! We are half way to our goal!
|Goal: $7,200||Donations so far: $6687.20|
We are 100% user-supported! Help and donate today!
A Course in Miracles
|Dolphins and money|
|Key cosmic concepts|
“”Nothing real can be threatened. Nothing unreal exists. Herein lies the peace of God.
|—Why can nothing real be threatened? Where is this peace? Fatuous quote from |
A Course In Miracles is an allegedly channeled work written by Jesus himself and first published in 1976. It consists of three volumes, A Course In Miracles, the main text; a Workbook for Students consisting of 365 meditation exercises; and a Manual for Teachers. The text is of course divided into chapters and verses so the reader knows this is a scripture and not just another New Age book.
As with many things New Age, it promotes pantheism using Christian terminology and framing, mixed with a pick-'n'-choose approach to other religions and a great deal of what has since been popularized as the law of attraction. The stated aim of the Course is to bring about a complete "thought reversal" in the reader. The themes promoted are familiar ones in the New Thought movement:
- The physical world as perceived through our senses is an illusion.
- Truth is found in God and his unchanging laws, not in the physical world and our own reasoning.
- God's truth must be experienced, not believed.
- We are all children of God, who is Love and Light, who can live through us.
- Our separation from God is an illusion. Forgiveness and atonement mean realizing our oneness with God.
- etc., etc.
 See also
- ↑ http://quotationsbook.com/quote/29581/
- ↑ The actual authors were Helen Schucman and William Thetford, both professors of medical psychology at Columbia University in New York, who claimed it was written through dictation by an "Inner Voice" they identify as Jesus or the Holy Spirit. They also claimed to have been atheist or agnostic until that point when this "course" was miraculously dropped in their lap by Big G.
- ↑ Lesson 26 on Oprah radio
- ↑ A Course In Miracles, Preface, pg. viii