The alt-right uses a lexicon filled with memes and in-jokes. Whether this is because the alt-right is just a bunch of cringey 14-year-olds or because they hope to hide their racist intentions, the world may never know.
Triple parentheses (also (((echoes))) or coincidence markers) are used to highlight those of Jewish or partial Jewish ancestry, as such: (((NAME))). Users of triple parentheses allege that triple parentheses highlight how much control Jews have over the world, which bears close resemblance to the "International Jewish Conspiracy" conspiracy theory. (Or: It's a convenient way to poison the well by smearing someone or something as Jewish, in a racist appeal to identity.) Nazi blog The Right Stuff calls these cases "coincidences" in which "Jewish surnames echo throughout history" Intentionally using triple parenthesis around one's own name is sometimes seen as an act of defiance against the alt-right.
1488 is a reference to one of three fourteen word slogans from noted racist David Lane's eighty-eight word excerpt from Mein Kampf. 88 can also be a reference to "HH" (Heil Hitler), as "H" is the eighth letter of the alphabet. The excerpts are as follows:
|"We must secure the existence of our people and a future for White Children."
"Because the beauty of the White Aryan women must not perish from the earth."
"Save the Aryan race. Procreate with your sister, mother, aunt, and if necessary, grandmother."
The Alt-Right (also New Right or Dissident Right) is the dominant group within the regressive right. The alt-right's fundamental beliefs are:
- Whites are under attack (from immigration) and nonwhites should be removed from white countries, where a white "ethnostate" should be established. This view implicitly endorses racialism & explicitly endorses nationalism.
- Men are under attack (from feminism & normalization of gay/trans folk) and an ideal "masculinity" should be protected. This view explicitly endorses anti-feminism and implicitly endorses homophobic & transphobic views that conflict with science.
- Language is under attack (from political correctness) and "offensiveness" should be acceptable (and perhaps encouraged). This is the alt-right's least controversial view; whining about the "destruction of free speech" is a powerful recruitment mechanism.
The alt-right bundles these concepts into the feel-good buzzword of Western civilization, which is an Unquestionable Good Thing.
Many alt-righters are (literal) Nazis or fascists. This stems from the belief that the actor behind the above attacks is "The Jews". Those alt-righters who are not Nazis are generally hold that Cultural Marxists and/or "globalists" are the ones pulling the strings. This conspiratorial thinking underlies much of alt-right rhetoric about the liberal media and an ongoing culture war.
The alt-right does not endorse any particular economic views. As such, alt-right is essentially synonymous with "extremely socially conservative". Given that the alt-right and the Religious Right both whine about the same things, this isn't hard to believe.
The Alt-Light (or Alt-Lite) is a subfaction of the Alt-Right that wants to steer the Alt-Right towards more moderate Trump-esque grounds. The Alt-Light hopes to use this "moderacy" to "re-take" Europe with candidates such as Marine Le Pen and Geert Wilders. The Alt-Light thus hopes to abandon (overt) anti-semitism and race-realism, which upsets the conservative alt-right subfaction.
 Anti-racist is code word for anti-white
|ASIA FOR THE ASIANS, AFRICA FOR THE AFRICANS, WHITE COUNTRIES FOR EVERYBODY!|
It's about as stupid as it sounds.
Someone or something that is based is considered to be authoritative, unbiased, and redpilled. The alt-right generally describes anyone who promotes racism as "based". The term gained mainstream usage through Gamergate's descriptions of pro-Gamergate YouTubers as "based". Alt-righters often pair the term with the adjective cucked: something or someone that doesn't accept alt-right views.
Taking their coat means defeating someone in debate or banning them from an Internet forum. Putting on a coat is synonymous with taking the red pill. The terminology began when Trump suggested that a protester be thrown from his rally, without their coat, into the cold.
A cuck is someone who doesn't hold alt-right views. It is used as a pejorative with absurd frequency. The term "cuck" originates from "cuckold", which describes a man married to an adulterous woman. Someone who is not cucked is instead based or red-pilled.
 Cultural Marxism
Cultural Marxism (also Cultural Bolshevism or Kulturbolschewismus, in the original German) is a conspiracy theory in which the Frankfurt School (a body of Marxist writings) and critical theory (critiques of society, with some origins in Marx's work) are the products of leftists' concerted efforts to (successfully) sneak communism into academia and culture at large. In turn, the conspiracy goes, modern gender/race/sexuality/etc. movements are ultimately grounded in these communist writings — and so they are communist themselves. The theory is absurd. The Frankfurt School was obscure and had a negligible impact on broader society. The methods used by social justice advocates — analyzing society through lenses of class/gender/race/etc. — long precede the Frankfurt school.
In short: social liberalism is actually communism in disguise, and the leftists know it. (Nothing new here!) Calling something Cultural Marxism is an easy way to dismiss it without actually engaging with its arguments.
People who whine about Cultural Marxism often attribute it to a supposed International Jewish Conspiracy.
 Deus vult
Deus vult is Latin for "God wills it", and was the battle cry of the crusaders. The term implies that another crusade is necessary. Saracen is an associated term and was used by crusade-era Europeans to refer to Muslims, particularly Muslims in former Roman provinces.
Dindu is a contraction of "didn't do"; dindu nuffin is a contraction of "didn't do nothing". Both may be accompanied with he wuz a good boy. The terms are used as a noun to refer to nonwhite people and imply that nonwhite people are inherently violent and stupid. For example: "The (((media))) tries to portray dindus nuffins as good boys, but they have low IQ and enjoy crime". The terms imply that nonwhites often use these phrases to escape punishment, when they're just your standard black brute bigotry.
 Discussion club
An alt-right meeting
Synonym for alt-right
 Get them out!
Get them out! was a phrase used by Donald Trump at some of his campaign rallies in 2016 to urge his supporters to evict protesters from the rallies. Trump is now being sued in 2017 for allegedly having incited violence at the rallies. The phrase was also echoed by Trump in reference to undocumented immigrants, "We are going to get them out and get them out fast."
 Happy Merchant
Le Happy Merchant is a an anti-Jew meme used widely among the alt-right. It depicts a stereotypical Jew with yarmulke, oversized nose, greedy grin, and "conspiring" hands. It is common to see the image edited onto left-wing political posters or to see liberal candidates depicted as Happy Merchants. In short: it's a meme-friendly way to Jew-bait.
The alt-right really doesn't like Jews. We cannot imagine why. Many alt-righters subscribe to the International Jewish Conspiracy conspiracy theory. In particular, the following terms are frequently used in alt-right groups:
Open borders (just joking, establish strict ethnostates for each race)
Identitarianism is a synonym for Nazism that sounds less Nazi.
 Identity politics
Identity politics refers to any acknowledgement of racism, sexism, or other bigotry in a political discussion. The alt-right generally does not acknowledge that its own politics of white nationalism and "Christian culture" are themselves identity politics.
 Jewish Question
The Jewish Question (abbreviated JQ) was part of a long-running debate in Europe about the civil, legal, national and political status of Jews within Europe from the 18th through 20th centuries. It culminated in Nazi Germany with The Final Solution (German: Endlösung), resulting in the Holocaust. The alt right has revived the term even though there are some Jews who consider themselves among the alt right.
Kekistan is a fictional ethnicity that lets alt-righters use a Nazi flag as a "meme". Kekistan was popularized in part by Sargon of Akkad.
From the alt-right march in Pikeville, KY.
When referenced, it will often be "creatively" misspelled as "muh soggy knee" or "muh sore 'giney", to signify that people who complain about misogyny are whiny and therefore wrong.
(often "multiCULTi" or "multi-kulti")
 Moon Man
The Moon Man is the name given to the alt-right's hijacked version of McDonald's commercial mascot Mac Tonight. The character is depicted as a white crescent moon with black sunglasses. The alt-right version sings racist parodies of rap songs.
Nobody in the alt-right is a Nazi and no one in the alt-right subscribes to Nazism. Not a one. They just believe that white ethnostates are essential, that preservation of the white race is the ultimate goal, and think that their enemies are Communist Jews. They also want a new Christian crusade, want to deny the Holocaust, and want to rally under a modified Nazi war ensign.
Neoreaction (NRx) is the alt-right's "intellectual" elder brother. NRxionaries cite "science"; alt-righters cite memes. Neoreactionaries generally believe that social order requires strong social hierarchies (so class, race, & gender equality is right out) and strong leaders (which often leads to neoreactionaries supporting monarchies). For a comprehensive rebuttal of (notoriously longwinded) neoreactionary writing, see Scott Alexander's Anti-Reactionary FAQ.
A nimble navigator (or centipede) is a Trump supporter.
Anything external to the alt-right universe. For example, in requesting anonymity an alt-right member stated, "I have a 'normie' [conventional] job and I don't want to get punished for this [interview]."
 Operation Google
- Google = a black person
- Skype = a Jewish person
- Yahoo = a Hispanic person
- Bing = an Asian person
- Skittle = a Muslim person
- Butterfly = a gay (male) person
- Fishbucket = a lesbian person
- Durden = a transsexual person
- Car salesman = a liberal person
- Reagan = a conservative person
- A Leppo = a libertarian person
- Pepe = an alt-right person (not to be confused with Pepe as a meme)
Yes, they actually use this. Yes, it's incredibly cringey. Yes, it's ridiculously transparent.
(often "muh oppression")
 Oy vey
Oy vey is a Yiddish expression of dismay. The alt-right is fond of ironically using "oy vey", because it makes them feel edgy.[citation NOT needed] "Oy vey" is seen in "oy vey, the goyim know, shut it down" (implying that Jews are part of a worldwide shadowy conspiracy) or "oy vey, remember the 6 trillion" (implying the Holocaust was faked to guilt people into supporting some "Jewish agenda").
 Red pill
Taking the red pill is synonymous with converting to alt-right views. A red pill is something — news, text, meme — that justifies alt-right views. A red-piller is someone who has converted to alt-right views or someone who converts others to alt-right views. Red-pilling is the act of recruiting people to the alt-right cause. Someone who has taken the red pill is based. Someone who has not taken the red pill is cucked.
For humor: the term references a black man enlightening you about the flaws in the system in a movie made by two transgender women. Or: alt-righters can't even watch The Matrix right.
 Regressive left
Regressive left (also Alt-Left or CTRL-Left) theoretically refers to liberals/leftists who are ideological authoritarians. In practice, the term is a shitty insult against liberals/leftists and a way to say, "see? the Left has crazies, too!". The term originated as a critique of liberals/leftists who allegedly failed to criticize Islam for human rights abuses in the name of tolerance.
 Remember the 6 trillion
The phrase "oy vey, remember the 6 trillion" implies that the Holocaust was faked to guilt people into supporting some "Jewish agenda". Anything of the form remember the 6 [X]illion (in particular, 6 GoRillion) is a reference to this.
 Remove kebab
Remove kebab originates in a propaganda video (called Serbia Strong) produced by three Bosnian Serb soldiers in tribute to Radovan Karadžić, who was convicted for war crimes against Bosnian Muslims. Someone produced a truly intellectual copypasta that begins:
|REMOVE KEBAB remove kebab you are worst turk. you are the turk idiot you are the turk smell. return to croatioa. to our croatia cousins you may come our contry. you may live in the zoo….ahahahaha ,bosnia we will never forgeve you. cetnik rascal FUck but fuck asshole turk stink bosnia sqhipere shqipare..|
 Safe space
George Soros is a rich Jew who supports liberal causes. As such, he is seen as a shadowy puppetmaster among the alt-right. In particular, it is common to claim that X protest or Y rally or Z person was "funded by Soros".
 Special snowflake
 Virtue signalling
Virtue signalling refers to any condemnation of the positions of the far right. The term suggests that the condemner is just trying to look morally better ("signal their virtue") to other people. The term thus implies that nobody is really opposed to far right positions: they're just hating far-right positions for show.
 Western civilization
 White genocide
White genocide is the idea that, on a worldwide scale, white people are undergoing a systematic genocide of their gene line and of their culture.
Since the people who promote it are generally racist idiots, "white genocide" mostly boils down to non-white people having babies. Or migrating. Or dating white people.
 See also
- The Right Stuff (Fascist & Alt-Right blog) lexicon
- http://www.haaretz.com/world-news/u-s-election-2016/.premium-1.755115, Haaretz
- 'Cuck,' 'snowflake,' 'masculinist': A guide to the language of the 'alt-right', LA Times
- Decoding the Language of Trump Supporters, ATTN
- ↑ TRS Lexicon
- ↑ Based Ben Garrison? What are Those Red White and Black Flags, Goy?. Archived from the original at reddit because the referenced community was kickbanned for abuse.
- ↑ Steve 'Based' King Asks MSNBC: What Have Minorities Contributed To Civilization?. Archived from the original at reddit because the referenced community was kickbanned for abuse.
- ↑ Based Alaska™ on Twitter goes 1488. Archived from the original at reddit because the referenced community was kickbanned for abuse.
- ↑ 5.0 5.1 5.2 . ATTN.
- ↑ http://www.bbc.com/news/uk-scotland-glasgow-west-38353706
- ↑ http://i1.kym-cdn.com/photos/images/facebook/001/177/737/2a1.png
- ↑ http://archive.is/4C1Xe
- ↑ https://en.wiktionary.org/wiki/dindu_nuffin
- ↑ http://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=Dindu
- ↑ http://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=dindu%20nuffin
- ↑ http://knowyourmeme.com/memes/dindu-nuffin
- ↑ https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Fc7f5ve2o1I
- ↑ http://np.reddit.com/r/WhiteRights/comments/686cdb//dgwf7sx
- ↑ 15.0 15.1 15.2 15.3 15.4 15.5 His Kampf: Richard Spencer is a troll and an icon for white supremacists. He was also my high-school classmate. by Graeme Wood (June 2017) The Atlantic.
- ↑ Trump Claims Immunity as President From Protesters' Lawsuit Over 'Get Them Out' Comments: A Trump supporter accused of shoving a black woman says "he would not have acted as he did without" Trump's "urging and inspiration" (Published at 7:13 AM PDT on Apr 17, 2017 | Updated at 8:18 AM PDT on Apr 17, 2017) NBC San Diego.
- ↑ President Trump issues stern threat to undocumented immigrants: 'We are going to get them out' (January 25, 2017) The Week.
- ↑ Among White Nationalists, Catchy New Shorthand for the ‘Jewish Question’ by Sam Kestenbaum (December 21, 2016) Forward.
- ↑ Video, Image
- ↑ Moon Man Know Your Meme.
- ↑ Anti-Reactionary FAQ by Scott Alexander (October 20, 2013) Slate Star Codex.
- ↑ . Quartz.
- ↑ . Age of Shitlords.
- ↑ Referring to the canard that the amount of holocaust victims is widely disputed
- ↑ http://knowyourmeme.com/memes/serbia-strong-remove-kebab
- ↑ https://www.google.com/search?q=%22remove+kebab%22&tbm=isch
- ↑ http://www.dailystormer.com/tag/remove-kebab/
- ↑ http://i.imgur.com/tBvXITA.png