Americans for Truth About Homosexuality
Americans for Truth About Homosexuality is an anti-gay organization headed by Peter LaBarbera, a former Moonie Times reporter who previously made the rounds in religious right anti-gay groups (American Family Association, Concerned Women for America, etc.). The group claims to fight valiantly against the specter of "homo-fascism." It lost its tax-exempt status in June of 2011.
 The website
At the top of their logo stands a proud Statue of Liberty, a symbol of all that is
American French, and pure green. The title bar prominently highlights whatever rabid drivel they want to expound upon, and their talking head ministers stand authoritatively commenting about what the Bible really means about gays. Equally prominent (as it always is on these Christian anti-whatever (abortion, gays, atheists, figs) sites) is the button to DONATE HERE. Well, you can't take it with you.
 So what is "The Truth" about Gays?
- The biggest truth is that gays can be converted to straights by God's love. This is such an important truth that it has LaBarbera in conflict with Westboro Baptist Church over who can be saved and how. Of course, it does not matter that the newly "straight" people are depressed, living lies, and even sometimes suicidal.
- Gays are out to take over the world. Or something. But the homo-facism must be stopped -- they are teaching our children to respect each other regardless of things like who they love. How dare they!
- Gays are always invading schools, the centerpiece of their homosexual indoctrination scheme.
- That we need your donation to do our good work.
- That the gays are invading our churches, turning good churches into "sin loving churches."
- That they are invading our politics. There are now three openly gay members of Congress. And you need to learn how to spot the gay in politics. Buy our book and we will tell you how.
- That your taxes subsidize the Homosexual AgendaTM
 Porno Pete
LaBarbera has earned the nickname "Porno Pete" as he loves to spend his free time attending gay fetish events like the Folsom Street Fair in San Francisco and International Mr Leather in Chicago. While surrounded by hot gay men in leather chaps, he does what any good Christian heterosexual family values campaigner does: grabs a camera, takes dozens of photographs and puts them on the web.
LaBarbera has since moved on and is now in gross-out mode and posts pictures of anal warts and other sexually transmitted diseases that only filthy gays get because Jesus hates them.
 Well, someone cares
 A little Savage love
On 9 February 2012, LaBarbera called for the arrest of Dan Savage for launching the "It Gets Better" campaign. His reasoning? That the campaign was actually making suicides among LGBT teens worse.
- ↑ 18 Anti-Gay Groups and Their Propaganda, Southern Poverty Law Center
- ↑ IRS Revokes Anti-gay Group's Tax Exempt Status, The Advocate
- ↑ Though the color tint on the image has been corrected so she's a pretty off-blue
- ↑ Check or money order only. Make payable to the account of Elton John.
- ↑ Gaydar not included.
- ↑ The Peter at IML, Pam's House Blend
- ↑ Porno Pete's Homosexual Fixation, Wayne Besen
- ↑ 'Porno Pete' LaBarbera wants you to know what anal warts look like, LGBTQ Nation
- ↑ http://americansfortruth.com/2007/10/15/conservapedia-examines-gay-bowel-syndrome-homosexual-activists-lobby-against-term/
- ↑