We are 100% user-supported!
Without you, there is no RationalWiki!
|Goal: $5000||Donations so far: $4910|
Help and donate today!
|Some dare call it|
|What THEY don't want|
you to know!
Andrew D. Basiago is a Vancouver, Washington lawyer of apparently high repute. As a side project, he runs Project Pegasus, a group dedicated to lobbying the government to release the secrets of teleportation and time travel for the benefit of mankind. Basiago also refers to himself as "the discoverer of life on Mars." He claims to be one of two "planetary-level whistle blowers" predicted by Web bot. He describes himself as an indigo child.
 Martian analysis
Basiago enjoyed a successful career as a journalist and lawyer until some time in 2008, when he started submitting "academic papers" to the National Geographic Society about aliens, buildings, forests, and animals that he was seeing in blurry Mars rover photographs. Oddly, they declined to publish his papers due to the technicality that these things existed only in his mind.
 Participation in DARPA experiments
He began telling the story that he had been a child participant in a top secret DARPA programme experimenting with time travel and teleportation in the early 1970s. These technologies were invented of course by Nikola Tesla.
Basiago claims to have travelled one million years into the past, as well as having been present at Lincoln's Gettysberg address and having visited 2045. He revealed all this in numerous interviews with Coast to Coast AM.
 Travel to Mars
He claims to have teleported to Mars in the 1980s as an Earth ambassador to the Martian civilisation. This is strange because when he published his article nearly three decades later, he claims to have been "astonished" to discover life on Mars. Along with William B. Stillings, a comrade he dug up somewhere, Basiago now claims that President Obama was a fellow Mars traveller back in the day, then living under the moniker "Barry Soetoro." The fact that Barack Obama used to go by Barry Sotero may be the only truth in Basiago's claims. Basiago and Stillings say they met Obama on Mars, and the government is now covering up the president's space travel past. 
Basiago has also announced his candidacy for the US Presidential election in 2016.
 Dislike of the 2007 update to Microsoft Word
One of Basiago's more interesting 2016 Presidential platforms is "investigating the technical decline in computer software and hardware fields. For example, why Microsoft, after perfecting Word in its 2003 version, substituted it with a far inferior version in Word 2007". One can only speculate now as to the benefits the older location of the 'Save As...' menu item might have brought to the US economy.
- Asiago's 2016 US Presidential campaign web site.
- The Project Pegasus website. Sign the petition to release Obama's secret space travel past!
- The Discovery of Life On Mars, Basiago's original "academic" paper, foolishly turned down from publication by the National Geographic Society.
- Basiago explains his reasonable claims in an interview.
- ↑ 1.0 1.1 1.2 1.3 His bio page on Project Pegasus
- ↑ American Lawyer asks National Geographic Society to Publish Evidence He Discovered of Life on Mars in Photograph by NASA's Rover Spirit --prweb, 5 January 2009
- ↑ 
- ↑ Andrew Basiago Disclosure - Time Travel and Teleportation Youtube, 6 August 2014
- ↑ http://exopolitics.blogs.com/exopolitics/2011/11/mars-visitors-basiago-and-stillings-confirm-barack-obama-traveled-to-mars-1.html