|Hail to the Chief?|
|Persons of interest|
“”If President Obama can make a deal with the most intransigent mullahs in the world, but not with House Republicans, maybe he is not the problem.
“”I know what I am doing, and I'm fearless.
Muhammad Soetoro "You didn't build that" Obama II (born in Nairobi, Kenya Honolulu, Hawaii, August 4, 1961) is the 44th President of the United States. A member of the Democratic Party, he is also apparently a devout Christian, Muslim, Jew, Nazi, Marxist, Hindu, gay, Satanist, atheist, Martian, and Egyptian-British-Russian Antichrist.
A lot of Americans are wary of Obama as they do not believe — and may never believe — he is actually an American. This fear of an ethnic "other" is compounded by a fiery political climate in which some critics have called him a socialist, "Kenyan anti-colonialist," or a reptilian, soul-sucking Visitor Queen set to infest the world population. Fortunately, the
Emperor President admitted that he has "no more campaign to run" in the 2015 State of the Union Address.
Barack Obama was ("allegedly") born in Hawaii, where he spent his childhood. His mother married Lolo Soetoro, so he also spent some time in Indonesia from 1967 to mid-1971. He later studied political science at Columbia University in New York City and law at Harvard in Cambridge, Massachusetts.
Prior to his election as President in 2008, Obama had previously served as a community organizer, Senator for Illinois, and a member of the Illinois State Senate. Obama was introduced to the world during the 2004 Democratic National Convention, when he gave a keynote speech that aspired to post-partisan solutions. Dramatic irony, FTW.
President Obama's wife, Michelle, is a graduate of Princeton and Harvard Law. She formerly worked in hospital administration, and has promoted the "Let's Move!" campaign to fight childhood obesity. The couple have two daughters, Sasha and Malia.
 Actions as President
|—February 3, 2014 on Fox News|
Barack Obama's presidency has been distinguished by starting with a deep recession that left unemployment above 9% for more than a year, a political environment of steadily-increasing vitriol and obstructionism, and a general continuance of Bush-era policies in national security and trade. The largest shifts in actual policies that have occurred have been with foreign policy; while the U.S. did engage in military intervention in Libya, for instance, it was a markedly different style of attack when compared to the full commitment of Iraq and Afghanistan. This was of a piece with the inclusive rhetoric espoused by President Obama, as well as with his generally centrist (centre-right by European standards) approach — despite having a very liberal voting record as a Senator, the dreaded socializmz never materialized.
Obama has been criticized for getting the federal budget deficit to unprecedented levels, forgetting that the budget for 2009 was actually a series of continuing resolutions that kept spending at roughly the same as Bush's era. Keeping in mind the fact that Bush did not include war spending as part of his budgets, and the fact that the majority of debt is due to the recession, Obama has managed to decrease the overall rate of deficit spending, though obviously it's still present.
 Fulfillment of campaign promises
Democrats view Obama's presidency as an improvement from the previous Bush-era domestic and foreign policies. However, while promising hope and change, a large number of his campaign pledges remain stalled or completely broken. PolitiFact, which tracks how many promises Obama has kept, has found that by February of 2014 the President had kept or compromised on over 370 promises, while he had outright broken about 120. Some examples:
- Early in his campaign, Obama promised to abide by the voluntary spending limits required for public financing, but then went "never mind" when he saw the shitload of money he was raking in.
- Obama said that he would not go after medical marijuana dispensaries, but has done so plenty, a sign that the War on Drugs won't die anytime soon.
- On January 22, 2009, President Obama signed an executive order to close Guantanamo Bay within a year and for those incarcerated within to be dealt with as quickly as possible. No change has occurred and Guantanamo continues with little reduction in inmates (and it's not helping with a large amount of red states disapproving). Some abortive attempts at moving them to other states or countries have met with very limited success — essentially, no one wants them.
- Called for a more transparent government and promised that his administration would be the most transparent. Except the Obama administration has targeted more journalists for surveillance and more whistleblowers for prosecution than any other in US history, singling out those who have played major roles in exposing the crimes of the US government, like Julian Assange, Chelsea Manning, or Edward Snowden.
- Despite opposing police brutality vocally, the Obama administration has set records in its efforts to militarize law enforcement agencies through conduits such as the Department of Defense’s 1033 program, which in just four years handed out record amounts of military equipment to local police forces. His Justice Department under Eric Holder has supported police officers every time an excessive-force case has made its way to arguments.
On the other hand, Obama has fulfilled many of his promises on other issues, mainly foreign policy and gay rights:
- On February 27, 2009, Obama set the date of the Iraq War's end to be August 31, 2010. As of December 2011, virtually all troops have left and the war is "officially" over. (Keep watching this.) The number of troops in Afghanistan sharply spiked in his first term nonetheless, as Obama pushed military spending to all-time highs, though after the death of Osama Bin Laden troops are expected to withdraw soon.
- On December 28, 2014, the Afghanistan War was officially and formally declared over by President Obama... while keeping over 20,000 defense contractors, some 25 bases around the country, and looking to expand the total number of US troops by another 5,000. 
- On January 30, 2009, the abortion funding "gag rule" (preventing any clinic anywhere in the world that receives US funding from mentioning the evil abortion word) was rescinded, along with other Bush-era executive orders. This actions was shortly followed on February 9, 2009 by the lifting of restrictions on stem-cell research.
- With regards to health care, President Obama extended the S-CHIP program, and enacted the Affordable Care Act (or "Obamacare") on March 23, 2010, with the aid of united Congressional Democrats. The Act, a fairly conservative implementation of universal health care, has been widely criticized on the left for perceived failings (such as the lack of a public option, which Obama did not as enthusiastically support as he did in his campaign) while attacked hysterically from the right.
- The Dodd-Frank Wall Street Reform bill signed on July 21, 2010, "comprehensively" regulated banks and insurance companies, ending the Bush-era financial bailouts and stopping "too big to fail" banks. This remains one of Obama's most popular legislation, with over 60% of Americans approving. Nevertheless, even if it's popular, it doesn't mean it's a good thing, as Dodd-Frank only slightly regulates the banks. Many critics have said that Obama could've done much more and that the only people who have really benefitted are the trial lawyers (to whom the Democrats just happen to be beholden), because it's taken all kinds of legal action to figure out what in God's name many of its provisions even mean. His support of the passage of the 2014 Omnibus bill (nicknamed Cromnibus), which has a clause that removes Dodd-Frank, is also rather questionable.
- He has told his Attorney General, Eric Holder, to cease defending DOMA, even though the then Republican-led Congress said they would fund the defense of DOMA themselves. In 2013 the Supreme Court finally struck down the law's most contentious clause, sparking a gay rights revolution in the United States.
- In 2011, the restrictions in the DADT policy were eliminated, and gay and lesbian soldiers are allowed to serve openly. The military was even ordered to allow gay marriages in public buildings if straight marriages are allowed there.
- In 2012, Obama was able to raise taxes on the extremely wealthy back to Clinton-era rates, though he failed to get rid of the Bush-era tax cuts for people who earn between $250,000 and $400,000.
 Human rights and civil liberties record
Obama has mainly been criticized for disappointing actions concerning human rights in the War on Terror. For example, on January 23, 2009, a mere 72 hours after taking office, Obama authorized an armed strike against a village in the Tribal Areas of Pakistan — an ally of the United States (although the area being bombed, the "tribal belt," is not under control of Pakistan's government), — because the Pakistan Taliban Movement in the Federally Administered Tribal Areas (FATA) had launched a campaign to discover local informants for the Central Intelligence Agency and had killed 40 of them. He has consistently continued this approach to dealing with foreign terrorists, arguing that drones are safer for Americans. Drones have also proven dangerous for Anwar al-Awlaki and Samir Khan, both of whom were American citizens living in Yemen who were killed by a drone strike on September 30th, 2011. Though both had been deemed terrorists, this action has been criticized for possibly violating the Fifth Amendment. Under Obama, drone warfare has become a central element of American military policy, a practice which critics have called into question.
In other questionable actions, on May 26, 2011, Obama signed an extension of the PATRIOT Act, which has been criticized by the left and civil libertarians as allowing violations of the Fourth Amendment. In 2013, news agencies confirmed that he has continued the levels of mass surveillance that was encouraged by his predecessor, as enabled by the Act. Similarly, on December 31, 2011, Obama signed the National Defense Authorization Act for Fiscal Year 2012, which codifies the President's authority to indefinitely detain terrorism suspects without trial (there is currently a dispute over whether it changes existing law or not, due to apparently contradictory passages in the bill on the matter).
 Trade policy
“”My administration is the only thing between you and the pitchforks. You guys have an acute public relations problem that’s turning into a political problem. And I want to help…I’m not here to go after you. I’m protecting you…. I’m going to shield you from congressional and public anger.
|—President Obama to Wall Street.|
This is perhaps the greatest indicator of where his allegiances truly lie, in spite of what the hysterical red baiting right and apologetic "It's the GOP's fault" left would say. The Trans-Pacific Partnership is a global trade deal that the White House is attempting to pass
at the end of 2013 well, eventually. It would establish a free trade zone from Vietnam to Chile, encompassing 800 million people and nearly 40% of the global economy. While the push against protectionism is admirable, the text of the treaty has been negotiated behind closed doors and kept secret from most of Congress, and more than 600 corporate advisers have access to the measure. WikiLeaks has revealed one reason why: SOPA-esque copyright legislation. He is fast-tracking the trade deal, meaning he is forcing it through Congress without debate or amendment - just up or down votes. He takes "personal offense" whenever someone criticizes him for withholding information about the deal to the public, and he forces Congressmen not to share the details they know from the deal to anyone else, including staffers.
So why the secrecy? From what WikiLeaks revealed, under the TPP, corporations would sue governments for "encroaching on expected future profits." The TPP sets up ISDS tribunals, staffed by corporate lawyers wholly unaccountable to any electorate or system of legal precedent. These tribunal corporate lawyers will rotate between advocating for those same corporations and as judges determining rulings, with no requirements for the lawyer-judges to be impartial, reveal conflicts of interest, or recuse themselves in instances of direct conflict. There is no internal or external mechanism to appeal the tribunal members’ decisions on the merits, and claims of procedural errors would be decided by another tribunal of corporate lawyers.
The tribunals have discretion to determine the amount of compensation governments must pay investors and the allocation of costs, such as the tribunal members’ fees. A proposal that appeared in the 2012 leak of the text to standardize hourly fees for tribunal members at the lower end of the range of fees currently paid (about $375 per hour, compared to the $700 per hour that some tribunal members receive) has been eliminated.  This can mean literally every single accomplishment Obama would have up to this point will be overturned by an unaccountable corporate-aligned group of lawyers and judges who will gut any and all regulations protecting labor rights, worker rights, union rights, environmental rights, even basic human rights, for the sake of making an extra dime.
Several Democratic Senators have said Obama has spent more time and effort lobbying for this monstrosity than for any other policy, including the Affordable Care Act, or Dodd-Frank, or the Consumer Financial Protection Bureau, or net neutrality, or ending the Iraq War. Where FDR once said "I welcome their hatred," Obama asked "How can I help?"
 Economic policy
The recession Obama inherited began more than a year prior to his entering office. This hasn't stopped mainstream conservative figures, like Rush Limbaugh, from attempting to convince as many people as possible that Obama caused the recession.
That said, Obama has been criticized by the reality-based community for not doing enough to combat the recession. For example, the stimulus bill he proposed to Congress, which Congress enacted, was probably half as large as it should have been. Part of the reason it was so small may have been because of Obama's decision to put Larry Summers, who probably is partly responsible for the recession, in charge of finding the right figure. Another reason why the stimulus was so small was because Congress didn’t want a bill bigger than $800 billion. The three moderate Republicans in the Senate and several centrist Democrats all said that they wouldn’t vote for a stimulus bill larger than $800 billion. This means Obama couldn't have gotten a larger stimulus bill passed even if he wanted it. Furthermore, as the first Congressional term of Obama's presidency continued, Obama failed to use the bully pulpit to induce the Senate Republicans to stop filibustering counter-cyclical policy. On the other hand, his chief of staff, Rahm Emanuel did shove his naked self in the face of House blue-dog Democrat Eric Massa, which isn't nothing.
 Various smear attempts
“”[It needs] to be reminded, after these numbing years, of just how berserk our era has been. There was a time when calling the president un-American was a beyond-the-pale transgression; now it’s not even news when a news anchor or an elected official does it. Birchian conspiracies once left to fester at the lunatic fringe of our politics have encroached onto center stage. It sends a shiver to recall that this president once had to stand in front of cameras in the White House briefing room and insist that, yes, he was born in America.
|—Elbert Ventura (Makes the 90s' look tame, eh?)|
Many people have tried to claim Obama is a Muslim (which, as Colin Powell rightly pointed out, shouldn't be a smear, but, alas, it is in practice), since his father (who was Kenyan) was before he became an agnostic, or even an atheist. However, Obama is a staunch Christian and often injects Jesus and God into his speeches. The myth of Obama's connections with Islam originated during his original campaign for the United States Senate. Ironically, there was a Muslim member of Congress elected only two years later: Congressman Keith Ellison. The Religious Right happened to target the wrong man.
Even if he was a seekrit Muslim, his lifestyle as POTUS would suggest that he'd be quite a poor one.
Additionally, many attempted to discredit the Obama campaign by insinuating that he was not born in the U.S., a requirement for any U.S. president. Given that there is no evidence for him being a Martian, Muslim, gay or Communist, this has been the last refuge of those who, frankly, just can't stand that a black man with a foreign name won an election. However, the requirement for a U.S. birth doesn't seem to be an impediment for Republicans, such as Ted Cruz.
 He is teh gay!
Some homophobic conspiracy theorists are obsessed with their belief that Barack Obama is sexually attracted to men, perhaps to the point that he only has ever had sex with men. A candidate for the Texas School Board made waves in 2016 arguing that the progress made on LGBT civil rights during the Obama administration was a direct result of "the years he spent as a male prostitute in his twenties." The homophobes' psychological hangup seems related to an obsessive belief that his presidency lacks the muscular masculinity that these troglodytes require. Of course, the plain fact of the existence of Obama's heteronormative nuclear family makes these claims a bit harder to believe, and so elaborate conspiracies have been concocted, the most amusing of which has to be that Michelle Obama is actually a man. What this means in terms of their children is left largely unexplored.
“”Either we throw Barack Hussein Obama and his corrupt, Godless Marxist/Socialist anti-American cohorts out of office or we face the real probability that our Constitutional Republic will cease to exist. That means the end of our Bill of Rights, including no more Second Amendment, no more Free Speech, no more Right to Assembly, no more Liberty.
Some of Obama's more paranoid opponents attempt to make the supporter of capitalism look like a Marxist by quote mining him, completely ignoring such glaring counter-evidence as the fact that he advocated for bailing out certain large corporations instead of nationalizing them. This is the same stuff that FDR had to go through.
In his first run for the State Senate, he received the endorsement of the "New Party," a highly obscure Marxist outfit that was aiming to reintroduce electoral fusion[wp] on a national level. Of course, no one outside the moonbat community actually noticed this until the wingnut community, scraping the dregs for any excuse to use "Obama" and "communist" in the same sentence, happened upon it. Therefore, the New Party is most known today for the right-wing fit this nomination provoked. The nomination is so obscure that, by Wikipedia rules, it cannot be mentioned in the article on Obama. Oh, wait, does that mean there's unrelenting liberal bias in Wikipedia?
 Lack of phony patriotism
Unlike many in the political arena, Obama does not routinely wear a flag pin in his lapel, possibly because he can remember which country he's President of without having to look at it every few minutes. However, he did wear one given to him by a veteran at a 2008 campaign speech and continued to wear one sporadically throughout the rest of his campaign, notably at major political events.
In yet another horrific public display, Obama was observed not putting his hand on his heart while the National Anthem was being sung (gasp!).
 Obligatory religious nuttery
In his 2006 "Call for Renewal" speech, Obama, responding to secularists critical of the Pledge of Allegiance who had filed suit to have the practice discontinued, declared that "It is doubtful that children reciting the Pledge of Allegiance feel oppressed or brainwashed as a consequence of muttering the phrase 'under God.'"
Among a certain section of the country, it is widely believed that Obama has spent too much time on vacation, playing golf. It is an article of faith for some conservatives that this is yet another way in which he has been a demonstrably poor President. Unfortunately, nearing the end of his first term, Obama's vacation days were half of Reagan's and a third of the time George W. Bush spent at that point in their presidencies. This trend has remained unchanged during his second term. If you want to be even more pedantic, the "golfer-in-chief" was either Woodrow Wilson or Dwight D. Eisenhower, who both somehow managed to play 1,000 holes in eight years (in contrast to Obama's 200+). Dumb urban legends die hard, but there may indeed be something to the Ike comparisons.
Also, bear in mind that George W. Bush, supposedly acknowledging that many Americans had to make sacrifices during the completely needless Iraq War he started, said that one of the war-time sacrifices he had made was that he no longer plays golf because he thought it would be unfair for the mothers of active-duty soldiers to have to see the president playing golf. Don't get us fucking started!
 Abundance of melanin, etc.
His other major issues with winning over people include:
- His name terrifies illiterate rednecks:
- His skin color terrifies racist morons
- His alleged use of mind control terrifies quacks
- His refusal to foam at the mouth or to cater to people's worst hatreds and fears has failed to motivate the extreme left; he continues to blindly stick with this strategy even though his opponents successfully use such methods to motivate their base.
Several conservative blogs and commentators, suffering from a huge case of sour grapes over the election, have stated that Barack Obama is a President of affirmative action. This quite idiotic and clearly bitter accusation is completely at odds with observed polling behavior related to race, known as the Bradley effect, where people of ethnic minorities get fewer votes in reality compared to polls.
 See also
- Joe Biden, his sometimes zany Vice President
- John Brennan, his current CIA Director.
- Hillary Clinton, his first Secretary of State.
- John Kerry, his second Secretary of State.
- 2008 U.S. Presidential Election
- John McCain, his 2008 opponent.
- 2012 U.S. Presidential Election
- Mitt Romney, his 2012 opponent.
- Michelle Obama, the First Lady.
- Center for American Progress
- 2012 Benghazi attack
- Fiscal cliff
- Barack Obama fly swatting incident
- Is Obama really a lefty? — an essay by a RationalWiki user (220 sources and counting?!)
- Fun:A day in the life of Barack HUSSEIN Obama
- On March 18 2008, Senator Obama gave a landmark speech, responding to scurrilous attacks by rising far above them and addressing one of the deadly problems in American society. The text and video are available here.
- President Obama gives his acceptance speech (video, text) after winning election as the 44th U.S. president.
- Barack Obama on science and Charles Darwin
- Chart: Almost Every Obama Conspiracy Ever
- Blame Obama for absolutely everything.
- The President's average day at work.
- Obama's Anger Translator Four more years.
- The 44 Greatest Barack Obama Facial Expressions
- ↑ The black president some worried about has arrived by Janell Ross (July 15, 2015) Washington Post.
- ↑ Obama's Indonesian stepfather's last name was "Soetoro" and because the president chose to go with that last name while he was a kid in Indonesia, some of the nuttier conservatives use it in the belief that it will somehow smear him.
- ↑ Epically taken out of context. But you wouldn't trust evil FactCheck, would you?
- ↑ Obama, Romney share their Christian views, USA Today, 21 August 2012
- ↑ Foes Use Obama's Muslim Ties to Fuel Rumors About Him, The Washington Post, 29 November 2007
- ↑ The Tsuris, New York Magazine, 18 September 2011
- ↑ "Is Barack Obama a secret…Hindu?"
- ↑ "Obama, auch so ein Nazi", Die Zeit, 24 March 2015.
- ↑ Is Obama the 'first gay president' as Newsweek proclaims?, Christian Science Monitor, 13 May 2012
- ↑ "Communist, Socialist, Progressive, they're all the same"
- ↑ "Richard Dawkins — Barack Obama ‘Probably an Atheist’ (Lincoln, Kennedy & Clinton, Too)", The Blaze, 24 January 2012
- ↑ Conspiracy theory — Obama went to Mars as teen, MSNBC, 4 January 2012
- ↑ "Obama and Akhenaten", American Stinker, 8 October 2009
- ↑ http://archive.larouchepac.com/node/14785
- ↑ "Is Obama the Antichrist?", The Daily Beast, 14 November 2008
- ↑ The Nobel Peace Prize 2009
- ↑ Obama camp angry, embarrassed over 2009 Nobel Prize: official, CBC, 15 May 2014
- ↑ "How Obama Thinks", Dinesh D'Souza. Forbes.
- ↑ He's laying eggs! Don't let them hatch near the horses!
- ↑ Ten years ago today, America met a guy named Barack Obama, The Washington Post
- ↑ Let's Move! website
- ↑ Is Barack Obama the most liberal president ever?, The Washington Post, 4 March 2014
- ↑ Why Libya 2011 is not Iraq 2003, CNN, 20 March 2011
- ↑ Obama the Centrist: Should We be Surprised?, Middlebury College, 9 December 2008
- ↑ Obama: A pragmatic moderate faces the 'socialist' smear, The Washington Post, 14 April 1010
- ↑ How the Deficit Got This Big, The New York Times, 24 July 2011
- ↑ Obama Bans Gimmicks, and Deficit Will Rise, The New York Times
- ↑ Obama’s Spending — ‘Inferno’ or Not?, FactCheck, 7 June 2012
- ↑ "Obameter", PolitiFact. (Numbers accurate as of specified date.)
- ↑ Obama skips public finance, The Baltimore Sun, 20 June 2008
- ↑ Obama Cracks Down On Medical Marijuana, NPR, 12 July 2011
- ↑ The White House: Closure Of Guantanamo Detention Facilities 22 January 2009
- ↑ Guantanamo Bay — Still Open, Despite Promises, ABC News, 3 July 2012
- ↑ Six years after Iraq invasion, Obama sets out his exit plan, The Guardian, 27 February 2009
- ↑ Obama seeks record $708 billion defense budget for 2011, Reuters, 1 February 2010
- ↑ http://www.slate.com/blogs/the_world_/2014/12/29/u_s_combat_mission_in_afghanistan_ends_is_america_s_longest_war_really_over.html
- ↑ Repeal of the "Global Gag Rule", Iowa College of Law, 11 June 2010
- ↑ The White House: Executive Order 13505, 9 March 2009
- ↑ Among Recent Bills, Financial Reform a Lone Plus for Congress, Gallup, 13 September 2010
- ↑ http://www.motherjones.com/kevin-drum/2014/12/heres-why-banks-care-about-gutting-dodd-frank
- ↑ Obama administration will no longer defend DOMA, CBS News, 23 February 2011
- ↑ Gay marriage ruling a light against bigotry, Boston Globe, 8 October 2014.
- ↑ End of 'don't ask, don't tell' is a 'historic day,' says Leon Panetta, Politico, 20 September 2011
- ↑ Military chaplains allowed to perform same-sex weddings, CNN, 30 September 2011
- ↑ The Predator War, The New Yorker, 26 October 2009
- ↑ 'US strike' kills 27 in Pakistan, BBC News, 14 February 2009
- ↑ Civil rights groups sue U.S. for killing of Americans tied to al Qaeda, CNN, 18 July 2012
- ↑ The intent is to make killing operations targeted in order to minimize civilian casualties, but an additional result is increased secrecy and problems having to do with international sovereignty. Supporters have argued it as a better alternative than going on full-scale war with another country, while critics view it as a form of sanctioned assassinations. Signature strikes (targeting people based on appearance) and double taps (attacking first responders who try to help those after the first strike) are particularly scrutinized. The additional fact that US citizens have been targeted and killed has raised additional problems of civil liberties and due process problems. Furthermore, he himself claimed that there were little to no civilian casualties as a result of drone strikes, even though on-the-ground reporters estimate that children were killed during drone strikes.
- ↑ Patriot Act provisions extended just in time, Los Angeles Times, 27 May 2011
- ↑ Al Gore calls Obama administration’s collection of phone records ‘obscenely outrageous’, The Washington Post, 5 June 2013
- ↑ Obama Has Charged More Under Espionage Act Than All Other Presidents Combined, Slate, 22 June 2013
- ↑ The White House: Statement by the President on H.R. 1540, 31 December 2011
- ↑ WikiLeaks publishes secret draft of TPP treaty, The Verge, 13 November 2013
- ↑ https://www.citizen.org/documents/tpp-investment-leak-2015-release.pdf
- ↑ The New New Deal, Slate, 14 August 2012
- ↑ ‘The Stranger’ underscores a broader problem with the way we cover politics, Columbia Journalism Review, 31 October 2014
- ↑ Who Is Barack Obama?, Snopes, 7 July 2009
- ↑ Is Obama a Muslim? Examine the Evidence!
- ↑ Article 2, Section 1, Clause 5 of the U.S. Constitution.
- ↑ The White House: President Obama's Long Form Birth Certificate, 27 April 2011
- ↑ http://www.ifyouonlynews.com/politics/republican-texas-board-of-education-hopeful-claims-obama-was-a-gay-prostitute/
- ↑ https://www.youtube.com/results?search_query=michelle+obama+is+a+man+
- ↑ "Conscience of a Conservative"
- ↑ New Party archive: October 1996 update.
- ↑ Obama no longer wears flag pin, CNN, 5 October 2007
- ↑ For One Day Only — Obama's Flag Pin Returns, ABC News, 15 April 2008
- ↑ Look at the picture and see where his hands are. His "love" for his country is apparent.
- ↑ Obama’s 2006 Speech on Faith and Politics, The New York Times, 28 June 2006
- ↑ Presidential vacations: How does Obama compare?, CBS News, 17 August 2011
- ↑ Presidential Vacations, FactCheck, 28 August 2014
- ↑ Carrying On a Presidential Tradition, One Leisurely Round at a Time, The New York Times, January 1, 2014
- ↑ Barack Obama and Golf: A Skeptical Analysis, Skeptoid, August 5, 2014
- ↑ Ignore their vastly different roads to the presidency and they're nearly splitting image.
- ↑ Fox News of all places misspelled "Osama bin Laden dead" as "Obama bin Laden dead."
- ↑ AASP proves Obama mind control conclusively!
- ↑ American Stinker again
|United States 2008 Presidential election articles on RationalWiki|
| Topics: 2008 U.S. Presidential Election - Democratic Party - Debate:Religious beliefs and public office - Republican Party - Same-sex marriage - United States Electoral College
Candidates: Hillary Clinton - Rudolph Giuliani - Mike Huckabee - John McCain - Alan Keyes - Dennis Kucinich - Ron Paul - Mitt Romney
Running mates: Joe Biden - Sarah Palin
Winner: Barack Obama
|United States 2012 Presidential election articles on RationalWiki|
| Topics: 2012 U.S. Presidential Election - Democratic Party - Debate:Religious beliefs and public office - Republican Party - Same-sex marriage - United States Electoral College
Candidates: Michele Bachmann - Herman Cain - Newt Gingrich - Rick Perry - Ron Paul - Mitt Romney - Rick Santorum
Running mates: Joe Biden - Paul Ryan
Winner: Barack Obama (incumbent)