|Some dare call it|
Bert Schlossberg is an editor at both Wikipedia and Conservapedia and director of The International Committee for the Rescue of KAL 007 Survivors, Inc. He describes himself as "[t]he son-in-law of one of the passengers of the ill-fated Korean Airlines Flight 007, shot down by a Russian air-to-air missile in 1983"
Schlosselberg is the principal author (though not the creator) of Conservapedia's gigantic article on KAL 007. Additionally, Schlosselberg has created sixteen supplemental articles on KAL 007 totaling 195 KB.
Schlossberg's research on the KAL 007 incident goes into great detail, to the extent of overwhelming the reader with information (TL;DR). Here's all you really need to know:
 Conspiracy theory
- Spy plane theory: According to this theory, KAL 007 was "bait" used by the United States to test Soviet response to a flight intrusion into their borders; the RC-135 would be listening in on the response, while the civilian plane would expected to be released from any forced landing, its crew claiming innocence due to being "lost".
- Assassination theory: The most prominent passenger on KAL 007 was a United States Congressman from Georgia, Democrat Larry McDonald, a fiery anti-communist who was recently made the president of the John Birch Society, an organization dedicated to exposing the truth of communism and the Soviet Union.
- Intentional Deviation:
- the pilots making an intentional deviation shortening the route to Seoul by crossing Kamchatka, saving fuel in the process.
- the coordinates for the flight, or, conversely, properly entered, but when the aircraft had already rolled from "ramp position" had been improperly entered into the Inertial Navigation System (INS) of KAL 007. Chun realized this only when in flight, and rather than dump fuel and return to Anchorage (required by KAL), and face fine, possible demotion and humiliation, decided to "wing it" by Magnetic Heading, rather than the INS, and thus strayed into Soviet territory.
- of all the flights that day, Anchorage Air Traffic Control for the sector failed to mark the positions of only two - KAL 007 and KAL 015. Congressman McDonald was aboard KAL 007; Senators Jesse Helms and Steven Symms and Congressman Carroll Hubbard Jr. were aboard KAL 015. This failure of Air Traffic Control to mark down the position of KAL 007 and KAL 015 (and only those two flights) is both unfortunate and curious.
Schlossberg also finds the absence of bodies conspiratorial (at great length), apparently believing that some may have survived.
- ↑ His Rescue 007 website created to effect the rescue and return home of the survivors of KAL 007.
- ↑ his Wikipedia "User" page (his Conservapedia page is identical [3 Mar 10])
- ↑  - each of these articles except for "Ronald Reagan's speech on KAL 007" was created by Bert Schlosselberg
- ↑ There are at least 19 articles
- ↑ Not the New World Order, though
- ↑ Three theories
- ↑ Conclusion of the 1991 Staff Study of Committee on Foreign Relations