Bush Derangement Syndrome
| We control what|
you think with
|Said and done|
|Jargon, buzzwords, slogans|
BDS was originally coined by Krauthammer to attack Howard Dean, Barbra Streisand, and Bill Moyers in a pathetic attempt to equate them to full-on conspiracy theories about Dubya like Cynthia McKinney's endorsement of 9/11 "truth," and it soon became a convenient way for wingnuts to handwave away any criticism of Bush. Unfortunately for those alleged to be suffering BDS, it is not listed in the DSM and as such is unlikely to be covered by the average insurance plan.
 More derangement
Other forms of Derangement Syndrome have been identified, including:
- Obama Derangement Syndrome. Also Baracknophobia as coined by Jon Stewart. See also: Obama citizenship denial.
- Clinton Derangement Syndrome. Also Clinton crazies during the 1990s. See also: Vince Foster.
- Cheney Derangement Syndrome.
- Palin Derangement Syndrome. See also: Andrew Sullivan.
- Gore Derangement Syndrome. See also: Gore's Law.
- Fox News Derangement Syndrome.
- Beck Derangement Syndrome.
- ACORN Derangement Syndrome.
- Darwin Derangement Syndrome.
- Koch Derangement Syndrome.
- Derangement Syndrome Syndrome.
- Trump Derangement Syndrome — more deranged than all the others combined; you've never seen such derangement!
Note the liberal paranoia is responding to starting a military disaster over a lie, a "Fair and Balanced" viewpoint, a dolt who compared the 77 dead people to the Hitler Youth, and, erm, this, while the conservative paranoia is responding to global warming, evolution, the last POTUS to balance the federal budget and a politically centrist black guy.
 Bush Amnesia Syndrome
Several of the above syndromes (most notably Obama, Clinton, and Gore Derangement Syndromes) exhibit a striking comorbidity with "Bush Amnesia Syndrome," the clinical inability to remember George W. Bush or events occurring during his presidency. For example, sufferers of Bush Amnesia Syndrome may believe the Great Recession began spontaneously on January 20, 2009, and grow confused or even angry when confronted with evidence to the contrary. Scientists are currently investigating a possible link between sufferers of these illnesses. But don't worry, these pre-existing conditions are covered by Obamacare!
- ↑ "The Delusional Dean", Krauthammer in The Washington Post
- ↑ "Bush-hating nation", FAIR
- ↑ "Get over Obama Derangement Syndrome", Politico
- ↑ Stewart on Baracknophobia
- ↑ "CDS", Kevin Drum
- ↑ "Cheney Derangement Syndrome", Jonah Goldberg
- ↑ "Palin Derangement Syndrome", Michelle Malkin
- ↑ "Gore Derangement Syndrome", Paul Krugman
- ↑ "Fox Derangement Syndrome", American Stinker
- ↑ "Beck Derangement Syndrome", Big Hollywood
- ↑ "The ACORN Derangement Syndrome Goes Viral", Progressive Policy Institute
- ↑ "WorldNetDaily: Darwin Derangement Syndrome", The Sensuous Curmudgeon
- ↑ "Koch derangement syndrome", "Right Turn" at The Washington Post
- ↑ "Derangement Syndrome Syndrome", Outside the Beltway
- ↑ The Persistence of Trump Derangement Syndrome by Adam Gopnik (April 21, 2017) The New Yorker.