Bush Derangement Syndrome
|Hail to the Chief?|
|Persons of interest|
“”...[T]he acute onset of paranoia in otherwise normal people in reaction to the policies, the presidency — nay — the very existence of George W. Bush.
BDS was originally coined by Krauthammer to attack Howard Dean, Barbara Streisand, and Bill Moyers in a pathetic attempt to equate them to full-on conspiracy theories about Dubya like Cynthia McKinney's endorsement of 9/11 "truth", and it soon became a convenient way for wingnuts to handwave away any criticism of Bush. Unfortunately for those alleged to be suffering BDS, it is not listed in the DSM and as such unlikely to be covered by the average insurance plan.
 More derangement
Other forms of Derangement Syndrome have been identified, including:
- Obama Derangement Syndrome. Also Baracknophobia as coined by Jon Stewart. See also: Obama citizenship denial.
- Clinton Derangement Syndrome. Also Clinton crazies during the 1990s. See also: Vince Foster.
- Cheney Derangement Syndrome.
- Palin Derangement Syndrome. See also: Andrew Sullivan.
- Gore Derangement Syndrome. See also: Gore's Law.
- Fox News Derangement Syndrome.
- Beck Derangement Syndrome.
- ACORN Derangement Syndrome.
- Darwin Derangement Syndrome.
- Derangement Syndrome Syndrome.
Note the liberal "paranoia" is responding to murdering hundreds of thousands of innocents for oil, a Fair and Balanced viewpoint, and a psychopath who compared the Norwegian Labour Party to the Hitler Youth, while the conservative paranoia is going insane over legitimate facts about global warming, evolution, the last President to balance the federal budget, poor people voting and a politically centrist black guy.
Several of the above syndromes (most notably Obama, Clinton, and Gore Derangement Syndromes) exhibit a striking comorbidity with Bush Amnesia Syndrome, the clinical inability to remember George W. Bush or events occurring during his presidency. For example, sufferers of Bush Amnesia Syndrome may believe the Great Recession began spontaneously on January 20, 2009, and grow confused or even angry when confronted with evidence to the contrary. Scientists are currently investigating a possible link between sufferers of these illnesses.
- ↑ The Delusional Dean, Krauthammer in the Washington Post
- ↑ Bush-hating nation, FAIR
- ↑ Get over Obama Derangement Syndrome, Politico
- ↑ Stewart on Baracknophobia
- ↑ CDS, Kevin Drum
- ↑ Cheney Derangement Syndrome, Jonah Goldberg
- ↑ Palin Derangement Syndrome, Michelle Malkin
- ↑ Gore Derangement Syndrome, Paul Krugman
- ↑ Fox Derangement Syndrome, American Thinker
- ↑ Beck Derangement Syndrome, Big Hollywood
- ↑ , Progressive Policy Institute
- ↑ WorldNetDaily: Darwin Derangement Syndrome, The Sensuous Curmudgeon
- ↑ Derangement Syndrome Syndrome, Outside the Beltway