|You gotta spin it to win it|
|Stop the presses!|
|We want pictures|
“”The fact that CNN is selling an election coffee table book says so very much.
“”I know CNN has taken some knocks lately but the fact is, I admire their commitment to cover all sides of the story, just in case one of them happens to be accurate.
CNN (Cable News Network) is the original of the United States' 24-hour cable news networks, and now sits along with MSNBC, Fox News, ABC et al. Launched in 1980 by Ted Turner, it is the home of much
opinion designed to look like news. CNN got its mojo in the first Gulf War and has struggled ever since to make the news as compelling. Interestingly, CNN has a better reputation in a crisis (9/11, Katrina) than the other two, but that doesn't translate into viewership in the day-in/day-out of presidential politics.
Since the late 2000s, much of the content on CNN consists of current events, misinformation, misinformation, more misinformation, opinion pundits (mostly Very Serious People), reruns, and other crap that not many people watch anyway (like seriously raising the possiblity that Flight MH370 may have been swallowed up by a Black hole), as CNN's ratings have continuously dropped. CNN's leader Walter Isaacson tried to take CNN in a more conservative direction at one point. He even met with Republican congressional leaders at the time.
Unlike Fox News Channel, with its right-wing imbalance, and MSNBC with its Democratic establishment imbalance, CNN appears as the "centrist" news source, albeit left of center. Pew Research found CNN to be the least biased of the three major cable news networks (with Fox and MSNBC having a much larger right and left wing slant, respectively). With some "left-leaning" commentators like Fareed Zakaria it has been accused of being slightly left-leaning. However, CNN's efforts to appear "balanced" has resulted in many cases where stories are reported with more of a right-leaning bias.
- Shut up. Get out.
- To the couch!
- I like big butts and I cannot lie, you other brothers can't deny, that when a girl walks in with an itty-bitty waist and a round thing in your face you get sprung!
- That sound you hear is Sarah McLachlan and a punching bag.
- Where is the signal? DAMMIT!
- Please, CNN. Just stop. Please. We can't laugh at you anymore. It's just sad.
- ↑ Magary, "CNN's Jeff Zucker Thinks This is All a Game", GQ 4.5.17.
- ↑ Gawker.com: archive.is, web.archive.org
- ↑ CNN Fails to Stop Fall in Ratings, The New York Times
- ↑ Remember that this was the station that did employ Lou Dobbs, Tucker Carlson, Erick Erickson, Glenn Beck, Robert Novak, Rowland Evans, Kate O'Beirne S. E. Cupp and Newt Gingrich on the air.