We are 100% user-supported!
Without you, there is no RationalWiki!
|Goal: $5000||Donations so far: $3075|
Help and donate today!
Conservapedia:Special Discussion Group
The Special Discussion Group, or "SDG", was created by Conservapedia sysop TerryH, at Andy Schlafly's request, to form a secret steering committee for Conservapedia (this group is otherwise known as 'The Ten' - some argue that Schlafly forged nine rings for the others, to bind them to his will). It was originally on Yahoo.
It was eventually revealed this was just one of many email groups used by the sysops and the biggest testament to their inability to handle them. This group was replaced by several other groups, more recently the Zeuglodon Blues.
The Google group is located here. Beyond that, very little is known of it, since it is closed to non-members. However, here is what is known.
 Hysterypurge of (nearly) all liberal editors from Conservapedia. The initial membership included Andy Schlafly, Terry Koeckritz (aka TK), Brian "Karajou" MacDonald, TerryH (aka Temlakos), Ymmotrojam, Geoffrey Plourde (aka Geo.plrd), CPWebmaster1, Dan Holmes and Rob Smith. Over time, the group came to include Philip J. Rayment, Roger Schlafly, and Justine Allen (aka Jallen) as well. Hojimachong and
On 27 November 2007, after his "r e t i r e m e n t" from Conservapedia, TK opened the group for all the world to see. On 30 November 2007, the group was again closed, pending legal threats against TK. Members of this wiki were invited to join it at that time. On 1 December 2007, however, all RationalWiki members of the group were expelled.
Flava Flaveure Flav
While open, some threads could be read. The small slice of the Group investigated bore out the conclusions that:
- The alleged FBI investigation was not going so well.
- Conservapedia believed that RationalWiki is responsible for every vandal attack that has ever occurred.
- Karajou believed that every vandal was either Icewedge, AmesG, or Human, and every marginally computer-savvy user was Linus.
- Even other sysops hated Conservative.
- In discussing Andy's "betrayal" (secretly lining up other sysops against him), TK accused Andy of "un-Christian" behavior.
 Role in Conservapedia's history
Discussions in the Group represent, quite possibly, the key to understanding what the Conservapedia sysops are all about. It could be the find of the century, finally giving reason to the rhyme of what goes on over there. As such, information on the group, as it becomes available and not-taboo to post, will be used to help understand our good friends across the pond.
The "end" of the Special Discussion Group came as a result of TK's final confrontation with Aschlafly: opening the group was the ultimate betrayal of Schlafly's trust, and we can only speculate that his reaction was not very kind. Bizarrely enough, TK later returned to Conservapedia as if nothing had happened.
 See also
- Conservapedia:The Zeuglodon Blues
- Conservapedia:Quagga Prime
- Conservapedia:Conservapedia Group
- Conservapedia:Fab Five
- ↑ http://web.aanet.com.au/P_Rayment/Conservapedia/AdminEmail.htm
- ↑ Please consult Conservapedia:Timeline for information on this event.
- ↑ That may be a while. In the interest of not being jerks, private information should not be posted. Remember, we're the
smashing blokesgood guys.