We are 100% user-supported!
Without you, there is no RationalWiki!
|Goal: $5000||Donations so far: $2890|
Help and donate today!
|Articles on illegal behaviour|
Corrective rape is a criminal act in which people rape suspected lesbians  or gay men, asexuals, or transgendered people, in order to "fix" their sexual orientation. The practice seems to particularly be a problem in South Africa, but threats to do it happen in the UK at least. Knowing homophobes and the frat-boy mentality, it is quite possibly more widespread than that.
A common trope in fiction which applies both to gay men and lesbians is that they can be "cured" of homosexuality through "corrective rape".
 Comparison with "The Gay Agenda"
The underlying "logic" of corrective rape is that a forced, and therefore presumably unpleasant, sexual encounter can change the victim's sexual orientation. This appears to be the same "logic" that says that homosexual men "recruit" young boys by exposing them to homosexuality, at worst raping them, or because of child abuse. Those who say they would rape, or in politically correct terms "convert", lesbians are making a tacit assumption that if they were raped they too would convert to homosexuality. Somehow, it's doubtful that they would agree that to be the case. So why the inconsistency and double standard?
 See also
- ↑ http://www.independent.co.uk/news/world/africa/crisis-in-south-africa-the-shocking-practice-of-corrective-rape--aimed-at-curing-lesbians-9033224.html
- ↑ James Lovette-Black Lesbians and Gay Men in Zimbabwe Face Brutal “Corrective” Rape. News Junkie Post. 2010 April 8.
- ↑ http://www.slate.com/blogs/behold/2014/01/16/clare_carter_investigating_the_brutality_of_corrective_rape_in_south_africa.html
- ↑ Annie Kelly. Raped and killed for being a lesbian: South Africa ignores 'corrective' attacks. The Guardian. 2009 March 12.
- ↑ I once touched Michael Fassbender’s chest — and I’m still a lesbian: Chefs Jack Monroe and Allegra McEvedy talk about their passion for food — and each other
- ↑ Cure Your Gays article on TV Tropes.