Help us beat last year's record of $7100!
Awesome! We are half way to our goal!
|Goal: $7,200||Donations so far: $6687.20|
We are 100% user-supported! Help and donate today!
Denial of Soviet occupation
|Not just a river in Egypt|
|A dirty dozen gems|
“”Saying that USSR had occupied the Baltic states is absurd and nonsense. One can not occupy something that already belongs to him.
|—Russian Federation's foreign minister Sergei Ivanov, May 7 2005, in an address to Red Army veterans|
“”It is just another inadequate action of the President. What occupation? This is absurd. [...] Communists will use all influence on the parliamentary majority to prevent opening of such museum.
|—Oleksandr Golub, of the Communist Party of Ukraine, March 2 2007, commenting on president Yushchenko's initiative on opening an occupation museum in Ukraine. |
“”There was no occupation. There were agreements at the time with the legitimately elected authorities in the Baltic countries.
|—Kremlin's European affairs chief Sergei Yastrzhembsky|
“”There is no Soviet domination of eastern Europe, ...
|—Gerald Ford in a Oct 6 1976 debate with Jimmy Carter|
- ↑ Warfare and Society in Europe: 1898 to the Present By Michael S. Neiberg; p 160
- ↑ AP European History; p. 461
- ↑ RIA Novosti: Иванов назвал "абсурдом" заявления об оккупации СССР Прибалтики То, что говорят, что СССР оккупировал прибалтийские государства — это абсурд и чушь. Нельзя оккупировать то, что тебе принадлежит.
- ↑ Communists against creation of Occupation Museum in Ukraine, March 2 2007
- ↑ AFP May 2005: Kremlin denies Soviet 'occupation' of Baltics
- ↑ Gerald Ford v. Jimmy Carter: "There is No Soviet Domination of Eastern Europe"