Denmark is a Scandinavian country somewhere in Europe, marked mostly by wiki-wars and
gloom, happiness. While Denmark (like any piece of landmass covered with a flag) has many problems, there are many happy Danes. Their Prime Minister is notably hawt.
It also has several thousand names in English, most notably, Daneland, Danmarkish, Dansklande, Dane-Marque, and Dennishland.
Denmark's supporters have provided evidence that despite not being subject to laissez-faire economic policies it is the happiest country in the world, and also the best country in which to do business. Denmark joined the European Union, then the European Economic Community, in 1973.
Denmark has a state church, the Lutheran Church of Denmark, and most Danes are still nominally Lutheran because Danish law requires them to opt out rather than opt in. However, the country's laws and population are largely secular, and less then 10% of the population attends any church, temple, or mosque regularly. A 2005 Eurostat poll suggests that 19% of Danes self-identify as atheists.
Islam is the second largest religion (though it is only 2% of the country) due to heavy Islamic migration in the 1990s. This has caused a host of troubles for the secular, yet mono-cultural nation, albeit Denmark has the lowest proportion of foreigners in Europe and incidents with foreigners are at very least exaggerated. Denmark is home to the second largest neo-Nazi movement in Western Europe, after the English Defence League, and has strict immigration laws such that they grant asylum to only about 100 times fewer refugees than Sweden (these policies have since begun to be reversed). Even worse, 15% are happy to vote for a joke far-right which, along with immigrant bashing, wants to abolish the teaching of philosophy, shut "commie" universities and get Scania (Skåne) back from Sweden.
There were problems when a small, local Danish newspaper considered, solicited and printed cartoons that Muslims found offensive. However, they did not immediately cause any trouble. A number of months later some Muslim Imams, looking to stir up trouble, took the 8 cartoons, added what would be the four most offensive images and distributed the cartoons in Muslim countries. These cartoons then led to death threats and even attempted murder. 100 people worldwide are known to have died due to the trouble.
 See also
- ↑ Denmark 'happiest place on earth'
- ↑ Happiness is... being Danish and enjoying life
- ↑ What can the Danes teach us about happiness?
- ↑ Denmark: The Happiest Place on Earth, Despite High Taxes, Danes Rank Themselves as Happy and Content
- ↑ Rating Countries for the Happiness Factor
- ↑ http://www.flickr.com/photos/worldeconomicforum/6766152991/
- ↑ Denmark - happiest country! And that's after Kierkegaard!
- ↑ Denmark - best country in which to do business!
- ↑ http://ec.europa.eu/public_opinion/archives/ebs/ebs_225_report_en.pdf
- ↑ Phil Zuckerman: Society Without God
- ↑ Society without God
- ↑ Cartoon Body Count at the Internet Archive