Shamelessly ripped from Wikipedia:
On December 11, 2006 in a speech delivered at Cleveland City Hall, Kucinich announced he would seek the nomination of the Democratic Party for President in 2008. His platform for 2008 included:
- Creating a single-payer system of universal health care that provides full coverage for all Americans by passage of the United States National Health Insurance Act.
- The immediate, phased withdrawal of all U.S. forces from Iraq; replacing them with an international security force.
- Guaranteed quality education for all; including free pre-kindergarten and college for all who want it.
- Immediate withdrawal from the World Trade Organization (WTO) and North American Free Trade Agreement (NAFTA).
- Repealing the USA PATRIOT Act.
- Fostering a world of international cooperation.
- Abolishing the death penalty.
- Environmental renewal and clean energy.
- Preventing the privatization of Social Security.
- Providing full Social Security benefits at age 65.
- Creating a cabinet-level "Department of Peace"
- Ratifying the ABM Treaty and the Kyoto Protocol.
- Introducing reforms to bring about Instant Runoff Voting.
- Protecting a woman's right to choose while decreasing the number of abortions performed in the U.S through indirect measures which will make abortions less of a necessity.
- Ending the War on Drugs.
- Legalizing same-sex marriage.
- Creating a balance between workers and corporations.
- Ending the H1-B and L-1 visa Programs
- Restoring rural communities and family farms.
- Strengthening gun control.
However, he dropped out of the race on January 24, 2008.
 Let's impeach the president for lying
On June 9 2008, Kucinich gave notice of his intention to introduce 35 articles of impeachment against President George W. Bush on the floor of the House of Representatives. He officially offered his resolution the next day and the Clerk spent just under four hours reading the resolution into the House record. After the Clerk had finished reading the resolution, Kucinich moved to refer the resolution to the House Judiciary Committee.
Calling it "a sworn duty" of Congress to act, Robert Wexler co-sponsored, and signed on June 10 2008, Kucinich's Articles of impeachment for President Bush, and stated: "President Bush deliberately created a massive propaganda campaign to sell the war in Iraq to the American people and the charges detailed in this impeachment resolution indicate an unprecedented abuse of executive power." Democratic leaders Steny Hoyer and Nancy Pelosi opposed it and she announced that “she would not support a resolution calling for Bush's impeachment, saying such a move was unlikely to succeed and would be divisive.”
Of course, the bill went nowhere, and Big Corporate Media ignored it.
On the other hand:
- Dennis Kucinich had a 100% pro-life voting record until 2004, when he suddenly reversed position and became pro-choice at the same time he announced his first run for the Democratic nomination for president. Must be, like, a coincidence?
- He claims to have had an encounter with a UFO.
- In 1978, just months after being elected mayor of Cleveland, Ohio, he led the city into bankruptcy. He narrowly survived a recall election by 231 votes, and lost his re-election bid to a Republican in a city with an 8 to 1 Democratic registration advantage. His incompetent, chaotic administration regularly turns up on lists of the worst mayors of all time.
- After losing his re-election bid he briefly went to live with New Age woo-meister Shirley MacLaine.
- He has introduced bills to ban exotic "radiation, electromagnetic, psychotronic, sonic, laser, or other energies...for the purpose of information war, mood management, or mind control of such populations" and "chemtrails".
- Fun quotes from Dennis:
- "The energy of the stars becomes us. We become the energy of the stars. Stardust and spirit unite and we begin: one with the universe, whole and holy. From one source, endless creative energy, bursting forth, kinetic, elemental; we, the earth, air, water and fire-source of nearly fifteen billion years of cosmic spiraling."
- "In our soul's Magnificent, we become conscious of the cosmos within us. We hear the music of peace, we hear the music of cooperation, we hear music of love. In our soul's forgetting, we become unconscious of our cosmic birthright, blighted with disharmony, disunity, torn asunder from the stars in a disaster."
- It is also remarkable that he has only sponsored three pieces of legislation that have actually passed. They involved allowing Ukrainian TV access to an American program, naming a Cleveland post office, and naming a dead man an honorary citizen of the US. He is possibly the least effective legislator of all time.
- Becoming a Fox News contributer.
No word yet on whether he has ever been abducted by aliens or undergone an exorcism.
- ↑ Rep. Kucinich introduces Bush impeachment resolution accessed 2008-06-10, AP/MSNBC
- ↑ http://ap.google.com/article/ALeqM5iE21FOVAfMfEbAE5LDwiYm8fGh4QD916SHJ01
- ↑ sun-sentinel.com, U.S. Rep. Wexler calling for impeachment of President Bush
- ↑ cnn.com, Kucinich introduces Bush impeachment resolution
- ↑ 
- ↑ TVNEWSER:Fox News Signs Dennis Kucinich As Contributer
|United States 2008 Presidential election articles on RationalWiki|
| Topics: 2008 U.S. Presidential Election - Democratic Party - Debate:Religious beliefs and public office - Republican Party - Same-sex marriage - United States Electoral College
Candidates: Hillary Rodham Clinton - Rudolph Giuliani - Mike Huckabee - John McCain - Alan Keyes - Dennis Kucinich - Ron Paul - Mitt Romney
Running mates: Joe Biden - Sarah Palin
Winner: Barack Obama