Evidence for God from Science
| Christ died so that we may|
write articles about
|A multi-chef broth|
|Devil's in the details|
|The pearly gates|
Evidence for God from Science is a Christian apologetics website created by Richard L. Deem. It defends belief in Old Earth Creationism by making a day-age interpretation of the Bible, whilst considering both Darwinian evolution and a 6,000-year-old universe unbiblical.
 Criticism of Young Earth Creationism
By accepting the concept of deep time, the site exposes a vastly more accurate view of the Universe. Rich Deem is critical towards Young Earth Creationist belief that death did not exist before The Fall, arguing that such a world cannot function.
 Deep time
By adhering to a day-age interpretation, the site is quite dishonest regarding the Genesis creation myth. It is argued that the original Hebrew text uses the word yom to describe each span of time during creation, which does not necessarily mean day. But setting that aside, the order of events is inconsistent with current scientific data. The following are corrections made to its day-age interpretations.
 Beliefs about science
 Biological or environmental basis for homosexuality
Both sides are criticized. Rich Deem suggests that sexuality is a preference rather than an unchanging orientation, nonetheless he thinks that past child abuse cannot be the root of homosexual behavior.
Despite being fundamental to biology, the site considers evolution and common descent to be wrong. Deep homologies are portrayed as the result of a common designer, not common descent. The phrase that "God created man from dust" actually refers to the creation of new species by using pre-existent genetic material, since Deem argues that the alternative of creation de novo is ineffective and time-consuming. However, these problems would not pose limitations to an all-powerful, all-knowing, timeless creator. Arguably, limiting to modify templates (called exaptation by evolutionary biologists) limits the effectiveness of the outcome. The embryological development of kidneys are an example. At one stage, the pronephrotic kidney develops in vertebrates, only retaining a permanent function of waste removal in lampreys. Its exact function during the development of land tetrapods is dubious, but it most likely gives the way to key processes that help to form functional kidneys, before withering away. Remodelling is the leading force of evolution, but God could just figure out a less time-consuming and wasteful way of developing functional kidneys.
The site shows no refusal towards genetically-modified food, for both scientific and religious reasons. With Rich Deem being a molecular biologist himself, he is aware that such kind of crops help to reduce the use of environmentally-harmful pesticides and the carbon footprint, and that they are not any less healthy for consumption than non-GMO food. From a religious standpoint, Deem sees that altering genomes is no more offensive to God than subjecting its non-human creations to selective breeding. His YouTube video explaining his position was received with negative comments despite its accuracy, stating that Deem must have been payed by Monsanto, while in reality he is employed in a medical center and has no ties with either the organic food nor the GMO industry.
 Content and sources
Most of the articles are written by Deem himself, who derives his information from an extensive list of sources. These range from articles to books, such as The Cell's Design, by Fazale Rana and The Creator and the Cosmos by Hugh Ross; also Old Earth Creationists. There is an entire subsection dedicated to review books and movies, the themes of which include humor, philosophy, religion and science.
- 7 Truths that Changed the World: Discovering Christianity's Most Dangerous Ideas
- A Call to Faith: Journey of a Cancer Survivor
- A World of Difference: Putting Christian Truth-Claims to the Worldview Test
- Beyond the Cosmos: What Recent Discoveries in Astrophysics Reveal About the Glory and Love of God
- Captives of a Concept (Anatomy of an Illusion)
- The Cell's Design: How Chemistry Reveals the Creator's Artistry
- Cold-Case Christianity: A Homicide Detective Investigates the Claims of the Gospels
- Creating Life in the Lab: How New discoveries in Synthetic Biology Make a Case for the Creator
- Creation As Science: A Testable Model Approach to End the Creation/evolution Wars
- Darwin's Doubt: The Explosive Origin of Animal Life and the Case for Intelligent Design
- Debunking Dawkins: The God Delusion
- Earth Turns Heaven: The End and Beyond
- The End Times Passover
- The Evolution of God by Robert Wright
- The Faith: What Christians Believe, Why They Believe It, and Why It Matters by Charles Colson
- Four Views on Divine Providence
- God is Great, God is Good: Why Belief in God is Reasonable and Responsible
- God is Not "Fair"
- God of the Big Bang: How Modern Science Affirms the Creator
- God, Science, and Reason
- God's Undertaker: Has Science Buried God?
- The Grand Canyon, Monument to an Ancient Earth: Can Noah's Flood Explain the Grand Canyon?
- Greater Than You Think: A Theologian Answers the Atheists About God
- Hidden Treasures in the Book of Job: How the Oldest Book in the Bible Answers Today's Scientific Questions
- Intelligent Design 101: Leading Experts Explain the Key Issues
- The Irrational Atheist: Dissecting the Unholy Trinity of Dawkins, Harris, and Hitchens by Vox Day
- The Language of God: A Scientist Presents Evidence for Belief
- Left Behind Answered Verse by Verse
- Misquoting Jesus: Does Bart Ehrman Prove the New Testament is Corrupt?
- The Moral Landscape by Sam Harris
- More Than a Theory: Revealing a Testable Model for Creation by Hugh Ross
- Origin of the Human Species
- The Origins of Left Behind Eschatology
- Origins of Life: Biblical and Evolutionary Models Face Off
- Peril in Paradise: Theology, Science, and the Age of the Earth
- Rise of the Time Lords: A Geek’s Guide to Christianity
- Science and Human Origins
- Should Christians be Environmentalists?
- Signature in the Cell: DNA and the Evidence for Intelligent Design
- Soul Wisdom: Practical Soul Treasures to Transform Your Life
- The Third Jesus: The Christ We Cannot Ignore
- There Is a God: How the World's Most Notorious Atheist Changed His Mind by Antony Flew
- What's So Great About Christianity
- Who made God? Searching for a Theory of Everything
- Who Was Adam?: A Creation Model Approach to the Origin of Man
- Who Will Be Left Behind and When?
- Why Christians Will Suffer "Great Tribulation"
- Why the Universe Is the Way It Is by Hugh Ross
- Why We Believe What We Believe: Uncovering Our Biological Need for Meaning, Spirituality, and Truth
- The 5th Quarter
- As We Forgive
- Avatar (2009 film)
- Book of Eli
- Bringing up Bobby
- C Me Dance
- Evolution vs. God: Shaking the Foundations of Faith
- Expelled: No Intelligence Allowed
- Farewell Israel: Bush, Iran, and The Revolt of Islam
- Fern Hill
- Flight: The Genius of Birds
- Fountain of Youth
- The Golden Compass
- The Grace Card: Witness the Power of Forgiveness
- I am Legend
- Jake's Corner
- Jerusalem Countdown
- Letters to God
- Lord Save Us From Your Followers
- The Lost & Found Family
- Malatya: True Story of Modern Day Martyrs
- Mandie and the Secret Tunnel
- Miracle of the Widow
- The Passion of the Christ
- The Real 2012 Prophecy: Mayans, Nostradamus, and Planet X, Oh My!
- The River Within
- Rust: A Mystery of Faith
- Saving God: One Soul at a Time
- Saving Melanie
- Set Apart
- Soul Surfer
- Thou Shalt Laugh 4
- To Save a Life
- Treasure Blind
- The Whisper Home
- The Widow's Might
- Without a Father
- ↑ Richard Deem. Conservapedia. Retrieved 17 March 2017
- ↑ About Rich Deem. godandscience.org. Retrieved 17 March 2017.
- ↑ Does Genesis One Conflict with Science? Day-Age Interpretation. godandscience.org. Rich Deem. Retrieved 19 March 2017.
- ↑ "Genetics and Homosexuality: Are People Born Gay? The Biological Basis for Sexual Orientation". godandscience.org. Rich Deem. Retrieved 18 March 2017.
- ↑ Problems in Evolutionary Biology Theories. godandscience.org. Rich Deem. Retrieved 17 March 2017.
- ↑ Evidence for evolution: development of our kidneys. whyevolutionistrue.wordpress.com. Jerry Coyne. Retrieved 19 March 2017.
- ↑ 7.0 7.1 Genetically Modified Food: Is it safe to Eat Genetically Modified Crops?. godandscience.org. Rich Deem. 18 March 2017.
- ↑ GMO Foods: Safe to Eat? Playing God?. GodAndScienceOrg. YouTube. 13 October 2013.
- ↑ Book Review: The Cell's Design: How Chemistry Reveals the Creator's Artistry. godandscience.org. Retrieved 17 March 2017.