The Republic of Austria is a country in Europe. The rural part of Austria is full of mountains, snow, goats and the like. Carynthia is full of lakes. Vienna is the capital of Austria, and Vienna is full of people, music, culture, coffee houses and such things. The cutlet dish Wiener schnitzel is also named after Vienna (it comes from the city's German name). Americans later ripped off the pork version of the dish (it was originally made with veal) in the form of pork tenderloin. Sacher-Torte is also a famous Viennese recipe and closely connected with the Hotel Sacher in the city.
Austria is also rife with Roman Catholics.
On occasion, people get mail addressed to Austria mixed up with Australia, making it a dicey proposition when somebody in Austria wins your eBay auction.
Austria is occasionally the laughingstock/demon-harbinger of Europe, because they periodically elect a large proportion of neo-fascists to power. In 2008, Jörg Haider's party (along with a rival right-wing party) sent a large enough delegation to parliament that the two parties could have ruled with a majority. A few weeks later, Haider died in a car crash, thus providing tentative proof for the existence of God.
Fucking is a village in Austria. It's pronounced "FOO-king." This is because of intense petitioning from its Scottish residents. Or rather because of German pronunciation rules.
 Famous people from Austria
- Arnold Schwarzenegger
- Adolf Hitler
- Ludwig von Mises
- Sigmund Freud
- Karl Popper
- Felix Baumgartner
- Wolfgang Amadeus Mozart
- Hans Asperger, namesake of the syndrome that has become known as "autism lite."
- Leopold von Sacher-Masoch, author of Venus in Furs, utopian, feminist and, as his name implies, trope namer for masochism. The Sacher-Masoch-Torte with red currants and almonds was named after him. 
 See also
- Wikipedia's Fucking article - You thought we were telling Fucking jokes, didn't you? "Everyone here knows what it means in English, but for us Fucking is Fucking — and it's going to stay Fucking."
- ↑ Other countries have jumped on the Schnitzel bandwagon as well. See the Wikipedia article on Schnitzel.
- ↑ Apparently not as well as they can understand other Germans, though. The guy writing this asked a German immigrant if she could understand Austrians, and she responded that she could if they spoke slowly, so apparently they seem to talk quickly to Germans like a speaker of a completely different language does to an Anglophone. (And yes, Swiss German speakers are impossible for her to understand.)
- ↑ It was even worse in 1999, causing the EU and Israel to sanction the fuck out of the country until it was ensured he couldn't get into power.
- ↑ Or perhaps that driving a speeding car while drunk is a pretty bad idea