| Someone is wrong on|
Avallone gained national recognition with his video "The Truth about Transgenders [sic]". As of 21 September 2016, it had over 390,000 views. Several LGBT sites criticized his transphobia. In the video, he quotes professor Paul R. McHugh, a prominent opponent of sex transition surgery, despite the fact that much of the research McHugh references is outdated or misrepresented.
Avallone's video on the Target bathroom boycott has also gained notoriety. Avallone claims that allowing trans individuals to use the bathroom that identifies with their gender identity somehow "infringes on the rights of others". He further slanders trans individuals by calling them "sexual predators".
Avallone and the Alt-right
The majority of comments on Avallone's videos are from people in the Alt-right. Avallone has denied he is an alt-righter, but does support Donald Trump. However, as his videos have shown, his opinions do not appear to condone white supremacy, and he has expressed in many videos the belief that all men are equal and has said on repeated occasions that he does not believe any one race or sex is superior to another.
On June 25th 2017, Avallone expressed his intention to attend a "Freedom of Speech Rally" being held the next day in Washington DC, which featured Alt-Right leader and white nationalist Richard Spencer as the headlining speaker.
Back in the day, he used to make creationist videos, which sometimes resulted in Jaclyn Glenn making response videos. However, in a video about fat-shaming, he made an evolutionary argument as to why fat people are overall less attractive, implying that he has dropped his creationist beliefs.
- 5 Blatant Lies in Hunter Avallone's Transphobic Rant, Pride.com, 3 March 2016
- YouTube Star Hunter Avallone Posts Egregiously Transphobic Video, Wet Paint, Function X, 3 March 2016
- http://www.wsj.com/articles/paul-mchugh-transgender-surgery-isnt-the-solution-1402615120, Wall Street Journal, Paul McHugh, 26 October 2016
- The Wall Street Journal’s Ignorance on LGBTQ Issues Is Alarming, Slate, June 16, 2014
- Interview with Hunter Avallone, The Inflamer, 8 Aug 2016
- Archive of Facebook Event page for Richard Spencer rally