Igor Panarin is a Russian analyst and professor. In 1998 he forecast that the United States would collapse economically and politically within the following decade. Panarin supports Russian nationalism and the pan-Eurasian ideology of Nikolai Trubetzkoy.
 Prediction for 2010
Beginning in 1998, Panarin predicted the break-up of the United States into six parts in 2010. He specified the time of the disintegration to the end of June or the beginning of July in December 2008, following a civil war caused by mass immigration, economic decline and moral degradation. He forecast financial and demographic changes provoking a political crisis leading to social unrest, civil war, national division and intervention of foreign powers. It obviously didn't happen.
 The Breakup of the US
Panarin outlined the breakup of the US into six regions, each under the control or influence of other countries:
- Atlantic America: comprising the eastern seaboard and under the influence of the EU
- Central North American Republic:the great plains, from Ohio to Idaho. Part of Canada
- California Republic: California and the rest of the Southwest, under Chinese influence
- Texas Republic:comprised of Texas and other southern states, goes to Mexico
- Alaska: taken back by Russia
- Hawaii: either goes to Japan or China
Panarin graduated from the Higher Military Command School of Telecommunications of the KGB in Oryol and the Division of Psychology of the Military Political Academy. Panarin started his teaching career in 1989 and has taught in the Moscow State University, the Moscow State Institute of International Relations, and the Diplomatic Academy of the Ministry of Foreign Affairs of Russia.