Jack Van Impe
| Christ died so that we|
could write articles about
|A multi-chef broth|
|Devil's in the details|
|The pearly gates|
Jack Van Impe, the 'Walking Bible,' is another in a long line of biblical fundamentalists who preaches that the world will soon end. His syndicated religious program Jack Van Impe Presents, co-hosted by his wife Rexella, is presented as a faux newscast complete with co-host chatter.
 World's end
The end is nigh, Jack Van Impe has predicted this on numerous occasions the end times, but as the dates come to pass, another miserable failure ensues. Currently, he is banking on
the Mayan calendar end times of 2012 a nuclear war with Russia. Van Impe escaped the death sentence despite the Old Testament commanding that prophets whose predictions fail should not live. (Deuteronomy 18:20-22), fortunately for him, the United States is not a Christian country.
Van Impe once called fellow televangelist Pat Robertson an “Osami [sic] bin Laden" for calling for the assassination of Venezuela's Hugo Chavez. He has also accused Rick Warren and others of blending Christianity with Islam, thus making... Chrislam. Van Impe severed his relationship with Trinity Broadcasting Network (TBN) over their reluctance to rebroadcast this insight. Naturally, Warren denied it all. Interfaith is somehow connected with demonic influences and the New World Order.
After severing ties with TBN, his show now appears on rival religious broadcaster Daystar Television.
He also seems to despise Russia.
The start and end of the Van Impe broadcasts, as well as the pitches for his latest book or DVD, is by the bass-throated Chuck Ohman, a former trumpeter for Percy B. Crawford's "Youth on the March" television broadcasts. Often on the Christmas themed broadcasts, he performs a religious song on his trumpet.
 See also
- ↑ http://www.jvim.com/scripturememorization.htm
- ↑ http://mediamatters.org/items/200508300007
- ↑ Jack Van Impe Leaves TBN After Criticism Of Rick Warren, Robert Schuller
- ↑ http://www.christianpost.com/news/pastors-answer-does-rick-warren-endorse-islam-52833/
- ↑ http://www.goddiscussion.com/67352/van-impe-censored-by-the-trinity-broadcasting-network-over-demonic-interfaith-and-apostasy-accusations/?doing_wp_cron=1355237184.6769940853118896484375
- ↑ http://www.daystar.com/shows/jack-van-impe-presents-with-jack-van-impe/
- ↑ http://www.improbable.com/ig/winners/#ig2001
- ↑ See the "Question of the Week" section of his website (http://www.jvim.com) "Can the Russian Bear be trusted?"
- ↑ Chuck Ohman performing God Rest Ye Merry gentlemen on a Christmas 2008 episode of Jack Van Impe Presents