Lee Harvey Oswald
|Some dare call it|
|What THEY don't want|
you to know!
Oswald was born in the United States, went to the Soviet Union for a few years, where he married, and returned with his Russian wife to the US after becoming disillusioned. He was then working in a depository in Dallas, Texas, when JFK visited as part of his preparations for re-election. Oswald, for reasons unknown, decided to shoot JFK: being a so-so marksman and JFK's car driving slowly, he was able to do so.
The case against the conspiracy:
- Too many possible claimants to be responsible-no reduction even after nearly 50 years.
- Chances of Oswald calling in sick on the day, of his set up being discovered, etc.
- Absence of incriminating material planted on Oswald or at his house (why leave loose ends?).
- Probability of prompt and extreme reaction being taken against anyone who set up a conspiracy.
- After the assassination Oswald wandered around Dallas and shot an innocent-bystander policeman, rather than being whisked away (or murdered to shut him up) by whoever supposedly did it.
After his capture he was shot dead while in police custody by Jack Ruby, a nightclub owner, who denied that he was part of a conspiracy. Ruby died of complications following a blood clot formed in his leg while awaiting his appeal against a death sentence. Claims have been made of his part of a conspiracy, but without good evidence. Ruby had become a delusional and paranoid man by the time of his death.