| Christ died so we may|
write articles about
|A multi-chef broth|
|Devil's in the details|
|The pearly gates|
Lent is meant to serve as a reminder of the days Jesus spent in the
dessert desert resisting temptations from the Devil. As a celebration of their leader's sacrifices, believers go without something dear to them for the entire period of Lent. It can mean giving up something temporarily over lent or it can mean trying to overcome a sin with the hope that the believer will continue to avoid that sin after Lent.
It should be known that Sundays are not included in the forty days of Lent, as they represent the victory of the Lord over Satan.
There are several holy days within Lent. Ash Wednesday is the first day of Lent. The fourth Sunday, Laetare Sunday, marks the half way point of Lent. The fifth Sunday marks the beginning of Passiontide, and is known as Passion Sunday. Holy Week begins on the Sixth Sunday, which is known as Palm Sunday.
The Wednesday of the Holy Week is Spy  Wednesday, as it reminds us of the Judas betraying Jesus. On Thursday, known as Maundy Thursday, believers celebrate the Last Supper and the agony in the garden. On Friday, known as Good Friday, believers mourn and remember the crucifixion, death, and burial of Jesus. On Saturday, known as Holy Saturday, the Great Sabbath, Black Saturday, or Easter Eve, Christians think of Jesus dead in the tomb.
What to give up
- Some people give up religion or just Catholicism  during Lent.
- A good idea is to give up guilt over Lent but Christians may be down on you for it. 
- Some people give up masturbation, possibly including porn,  during lent.
- A man wants to give up his wife over Lent and hopes someone will take her. 
Not as efficient as some religions
- Not to be confused with Spa Wednesday, where it's 20 bucks off facials and massages
- Hence the heavy metal band Black Sabbath
- DNA evidence is rewriting domestication origin stories: Fresh ideas emerge about the origins of humans’ relationships with their favorite species by Tina Hesman Saey (12:00pm, July 6, 2017) Science News.
- It could of course also be a lady in a gay marriage but a man is more likely.