|Drink the Kool-Aid|
|But you WANT to stay|
|Some dare call it|
|What THEY don't want|
you to know!
Louis Farrakhan (born Louis Eugene Wolcott in 1933 and formerly known as Louis X[note 1]) is the leader of the Nation of Islam, a radical African-American religious, political and social movement. Farrakhan also happens to be a massive racist and bigot, having made innumerable hateful statements against whites, Jews, and gays over the years. Much like Hugo Chavez with Latin America, a depressingly large number of people genuinely believe he is in this for something besides self-aggrandizement and that he truly looks out for the best interests of all black people.
 Malcolm X assassination
The family of black power activist and former Nation of Islam member Malcolm X believe Farrakhan was behind his assassination. Members of the Nation of Islam assassinated Malcolm after he left the nation due to the hypocrisy of various leading figures preaching against and simultaneously indulging in various vices. Farrakhan has publicly condoned the assassination, saying it was justified because Malcolm was a traitor to the Nation of Islam, although he later backtracked these comments.
He has banned women from attending his rants, and also given women-only speeches. At one of the latter he encouraged women to put husbands and children ahead of their careers, shun tight, short skirts, stay off welfare and reject abortion. He clearly did not appreciate the irony when addressing a women-only audience close to where he was raised by his single-parent mother: "Your professional lives can't satisfy your soul like a good, loving man."
 Support for dictators
Farrakhan expressed admiration of Muammar al-Gaddafi on many occasions and received the Al-Gaddafi International Prize for Human Rights in 1996. He called Barack Obama "America's first Jewish president" because of the 2011 intervention in Libya.
 Conspiracy theories and general woo
In accordance with the Nation of Islam's teaching on race, Farrakhan believes that all white people were made "a race of Devils" by an evil scientist called Yakub (based off Jacob of the Old Testament). Given these somewhat insane views, it should come as no surprise that Farrakhan found a friend in Scientology and urges all his followers to take the white devil's Dianetics. He also did an interview with Alex Jones lasting for over two hours, in case you're interested.
He also believes that the U.S. government deliberately demolished a levee following Hurricane Katrina in an effort to force black people out of New Orleans, despite multiple engineers pointing out that this bizarre idea is not even wrong. As a raving anti-Semite, Farrakhan has promoted various forms of an international Jewish conspiracy, including Jewish ownership of the media and Jews being responsible for the slave trade. Speaking of Bernie Sanders, Farrakhan has said "He's a Jew … [but] he's trying to be decent". Farrakhan is within the statistically 0% of Black Muslims who support Donald Trump for president.
He also doesn't like Freemasons, and believes that Ebola was made by whites as a way of killing blacks off. In 2009 he got on the vaccine hysteria bandwagon, claiming that the H1N1 vaccine was in actuality a part of a plan to kill off people in order to ease overpopulation.
At least, as an olive branch contrasting with his anti-Semitism, he can play Mendelssohn on violin.
- ↑ Not of France.
- ↑ Farrakhan's profiles at the ADL and SPLC.
- ↑ https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Malcolm_X#Allegations_of_conspiracy
- ↑ Facing Complaints of Bias, Farrakhan Speaks to Women Only
- ↑ http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/africa/2126648.stm
- ↑ Huffington Post
- ↑ I hate the media
- ↑ http://www.finalcall.com/artman/publish/article_2931.shtml
- ↑ http://www.finalcall.com/artman/publish/article_2547.shtml
- ↑ See the Wikipedia article on Yakub (Nation of Islam).
- ↑ http://www.mikerindersblog.org/scientology-nation-of-islam/
- ↑ See it in all its glory here.
- ↑ http://www.finalcall.com/artman/publish/article_2197.shtml
- ↑ Louis Farrakhan Puts His Anti-Semitism On Full Display; Deepens Conspiracy Theories About Jewish Control, ADL
- ↑ https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y7A3H8-3siw
- ↑ http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=466NeRHc9a0
- ↑ http://www.washingtontimes.com/news/2014/oct/2/rev-louis-farrakhan-calls-ebola-a-race-targeting-b/
- ↑ http://www.upi.com/Top_News/US/2009/10/19/Farrakhan-suspicious-of-H1N1-vaccine/UPI-63931256011008
- ↑ https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N8Ei2XwrEnA