Maoist Rebel News
|Join the party!|
|Opiates for the masses|
“”This guy is like an edgy Stalin-wannabe that never grew out of his teenage angst communist years.
|—Unruhe reads his hate mail|
Maoist Rebel News is a YouTube channel run by
neither of those things Jason "Roo" Unruhe, a rap artist, Red Alert cosplayer, and political commentator from Canada. Didn't know 9/11 jokes and screaming "Fuck you, dad!" for 20 minutes counts as political journalism. Interesting.
 Maoist Rambling Nonsense
“”One of my few joys in life is making 9/11 jokes.
It's pretty obvious Unruhe lives his entire life online. It's doubtful he's ever been to a Marxist study group or anarchist infoshop. He makes outlandish claims regarding the history of (nominally) Communist leaders, rendering him something of a laughingstock in the community. He even goes so far as to be a North Korea apologist.
 Grave dancing
On the 13th anniversary of 9/11, he showed true bravery by going after the victims of the WTC attacks. It's all right there in the title: he condemns those who died in the towers and says they "deserved" their fates. Likewise, Charlie Hebdo kinda acted like jerks sometimes, so they deserved to die. You can bet next week, Unruhe will make a video entitled "Why the Colombians killed by FARC deserved it". whispers Jesus Christ.
 First worldism
He throws around the term "First Worldist" as if every failure of Western culture can be encompassed in those words—but never explains what those words entails. And according to him, no-one in the first world is part of the proletariat.
He's made plenty of videos going after feminists on the basis that "First Worlders" don't really suffer because Third Worlders suffer more. Unruhe also believes "first worlders" are "parasites" because their wages and social services come from value generated by third world exploitation. He's gone so far as to say fighting for a minimum wage increase is a "First World privilege." Keep in mind that this is the same "Communist" who drinks expensive whiskey, smokes Cuban cigars, and regularly brags about how much money he makes from his channel.
His aversion to "identity politics" largely stems from the harsh reactions to his homophobic language and him refusing to apologize. Jason doesn't seem to get that the same "identity politics" he decries originated with the Maoist-inspired student movements of the sixties. He goes on to attack his critics as—get this—liberals. "I'm glad there's a trend reacting against this..." So, Jason, you're calling for some kind of...reactionary response?
 Stalin was nice!
Unruhe claims that deaths under the Stalinist purges were widely exaggerated. For example, Unruhe claims that the Ukrainian famine of 1932-1933, or Holodomor, was caused by failures of Stalinist farm collectivization. In actuality, Holomodor was a forced famine that claimed the lives of between 2.4 million and 7.5 million.
Unruhe claims Boris Yeltsin opening of Soviet documents revealed only--only!--a total of 775,866 executions. However, this statistic leaves out ethnic cleansing committed by the NKVD in the form of deliberate famines which claimed 5-10 million lives.
Unruhe also asserts that the total number of executions is less than deaths caused by the CIA. Even if this is true, this is a red herring, as the CIA committing crimes has no impact on the question of whether or not Stalin was a genocidal dictator.
Unruhe then claims that the most executions occurred in 1937-1938, which is accurate. However, Unruhe then uses alleged anti-communist activities by Germany as justification for these executions. He then asserts that many had their death sentences revoked, for which he provides no citation and then speculates on total number of deaths based on data from deaths in one purge.
We have no way of knowing the exact number of people executed in Stalin’s purges, but we do know that the purges happened and we know the minimum number of executions (775,866). According to the declassified Soviet archives, during 1937 and 1938, the NKVD detained 1,548,366 persons, of whom 681,692 were shot. Some historians, such as the self proclaimed "Sovietologist" Robert Conquest, claim that the numbers declassified by the Russians are inaccurate and the total number of deaths may be twice as high as reported.
Even with Unruhe's statistics, Stalin is still directly responsible for the deaths of 40,000 prisoners, 90% of whom are confirmed executed. Stalin himself signed 357 execution lists over the course of the Great Purge to make this possible. Even if we accept Unruhe's stats, Stalin is still responsible for the death of 36,000 individuals, which is enough to consider Stalin a mass murderer and not someone to glorify. Stalin personally directed Nikolia Yezhov to torture individuals arrested until confessions were extracted. Recent documents have revealed the following Stalin quote: “Isn't it time to squeeze this gentleman and force him to report on his dirty little business? Where is he: in a prison or a hotel?"
 See Also
- Internet tough guy
- The Amazing Atheist
- Tankie - Tankies are bad enough, but at least they are usually feminist and pro-LGBTQ. Unruhe is basically an MRA and brocialist combined, the worst of both worlds. (Then again it wasn't too long ago that homosexuality was decried as "western decadence" by many Marxists.)
- Rand Paul - Endorsed him for President.
- What the fuck did you just fucking say about me, you little bitch? - Considering how much time he spends in a basement, you'd think he'd be familiar with this oldest-than-dirt copypasta.
- Hey YouTube, Anita Sarkeesian, Anarchists, and Betas: Suck My Cock! - This is some kind of brilliant, lonelygirl15 prank, right?
- After prevously endorsing Rand Paul, Jason pleads with Canadians not to vote Conservative - Accelerationism is only for AmeriKKKans.
- ↑ https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Te3KcuARhhc
- ↑ https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZzSMRXjJsLc
- ↑ Unruhe on Iranian state media. Started from the bottom now we're here.
- ↑ https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L5sbUU2Zto4
- ↑ https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5W2s4xktS1M
- ↑ For numerous examples, see these articles on Unruhe's blog
- ↑ http://youtu.be/JXriphg1Yqs
- ↑ https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OthB84ndPJw
- ↑ https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FHe3GXVijsM
- ↑ https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=acF93_IsMnU People who use faux Cyrillic always have bad politics.
- ↑ Trumblr Reacts to Trump Victory
- ↑ https://maoistrebelnews.com/2016/05/16/jacobin-magazines-defense-of-the-white-worker-denies-the-reality-of-class/
- ↑ https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-sjRSBHbBws
- ↑ https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=maq8LnJX0ak
- ↑ Snyder 2010, p. 53. "One demographic retrojection suggests a figure of 2.5 million famine deaths for Soviet Ukraine. This is too close to the recorded figure of excess deaths, which is about 2.4 million. The latter figure must be substantially low, since many deaths were not recorded. Another demographic calculation, carried out on behalf of the authorities of independent Ukraine, provides the figure of 3.9 million dead. The truth is probably in between these numbers, where most of the estimates of respectable scholars can be found. It seems reasonable to propose a figure of approximately 3.3 million deaths by starvation and hunger-related disease in Soviet Ukraine in 1932–1933".
- ↑ David R. Marples. Heroes and Villains: Creating National History in Contemporary Ukraine. p.50
- ↑ Montefiore, Simon Sebag (2004). Stalin: The Court of the Red Tsar. ISBN 0-7538-1766-7.
- ↑ http://www.bloomberg.com/apps/news?pid=newsarchive&sid=akRdu1cuBPKg&refer=europe
- ↑ It also ignores the fact that Soviets executed 775,866 people too many.
- ↑ Communism: A History (Modern Library Chronicles) by Richard Pipes, pg 67
- ↑ Life and Terror in Stalin's Russia: 1934-1941. - book reviews by Robert Conquest, 1996, National Review
- ↑ http://www.paulbogdanor.com/left/soviet/famine/ellman1933.pdf
- ↑ Marc Jansen, Nikita Vasil'evich Petrov. Stalin's Loyal Executioner: People's Commissar Nikolai Ezhov, 1895-1940. Hoover Institution Press, 2002.
- ↑ https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZzSMRXjJsLc