| Automatons led by a lunatic|
Charlie Chaplin imitator
|First as tragedy|
|Then as farce|
Heimbach attracted some notoriety after founding a "White Student Union" at Towson University (Baltimore, Maryland) in 2012, and again in 2014 when he joined the Eastern Orthodox Church and was subsequently excommunicated for promoting racism. Heimbach's fellow neo-Nazis, on the other hand, have attacked him for not being racist enough. The poor guy just can't win.
Heimbach is known for chanting "Death To America", which to him means that he wants
to move to Iran the United States divided up into racially homogeneous mini-states, one of which would be called "Avalon". The Traditionalist Youth Network encourages supporters to become knights of Avalon. They must be Roxy fans.
In 2016, two criminal complaints were filed against him for shoving a protester at a Donald Trump rally in Kentucky; at least one other complaint was filed in connection with that March 1st rally. During 2017 trial proceedings for that incident, he claimed along with one other of his co-defendants that co-defendant Trump incited the violence.
"Hail Heimbach" + cringe
- SPLC: Matthew Heimbach
- "The Little Führer". http://projects.aljazeera.com/2015/07/hate-groups/.
- "Avalonian Society Charter – Traditionalist Youth Network". http://www.tradyouth.org/avalon/.
- Trump protester: White supremacist attacked me by Phillip M. Bailey (2:56 p.m. EST March 4, 2016) Courier-Journal.
- Criminal Complaints Filed Following Trump Rally (Posted: Mar 04, 2016 2:35 AM PST, Updated: Mar 04, 2016 3:13 AM PST) LEX18.
- White nationalist claims Trump incited him to shove protester at campaign rally by Katie Mettler (April 18 at 5:34 AM) The Washington Post.