Media Research Center
|Is it news?|
|The Latest News|
The Media Research Center is another right-wing self-proclaimed "media watchdog" organization founded by L. Brent Bozell.
 In their own words
“”The mission of the Media Research Center is to bring balance to the news media. Leaders of America's conservative movement have long believed that within the national news media a strident liberal bias existed that influenced the public's understanding of critical issues. On October 1, 1987, a group of young determined conservatives set out to not only prove — through sound scientific research — that liberal bias in the media does exist and undermines traditional American values, but also to neutralize its impact on the American political scene. What they launched that fall is the now acclaimed.
- Homophobia and other positions of fundamentalist Christianity
- Apologetics for Ronald Reagan, George W. Bush, and Fox News
- Persistent criticism of Barack Obama
- The media didn't cover all those Bill Clinton scandals
- Jon Stewart is a big meanie and he's in charge of leading the War on Christmas, just like the 7,873 other guys who previously led it.
The MRC runs a conservative-leaning "news" site, CNS News. Also the MRC's Business and Media Institute complains about how the media isn't 100% in line with the free market ideology, while at the same time demanded the government censor "smut". The Culture and Media Institute vents and reminisces for the good old days when gays had to stay in the closet and ladies saved themselves for marriage.
 See also
- Accuracy in Media--arguably even crazier than MRC
- Parents Television Council—another right-wing "media watchdog" group founded by L. Brent Bozell.