Michael Jackson (August 29, 1958 – June 25, 2009) aka the King of Pop was an extremely popular, extremely eccentric, and extremely rich American singer–songwriter and entertainer. He dominated pop charts during the 1980s and 1990s. His death almost broke the internet.
Jackson died of acute propofol and benzodiazepine intoxication on June 25, 2009, after suffering a cardiac arrest. His death was ruled a homicide, and his personal physician, Conrad Murray, was convicted of involuntary manslaughter.
It was questioned why his personal doctor had been with the singer at his home but had been unable to help him and why reports of the singer's death took so long to confirm. The main theory was that his collapse stemmed from an over-reliance on prescription painkillers after sustaining a series of injuries in rehearsal.
 Conspiracy theories
At least for some time after his death, tons of fans believed that he was still alive and in hiding. Among more 'professional' conspiracy theorists, there seems to be a consensus that Jackson was murdered by the Illuminati. Combine the two and you'll have conspiracy-savvy fans who believe Jackson faked his death to 'xscape' the Illuminati. Other conspiracy theorists, the more conservative, argue that Jackson was a pawn/false idol of the Illuminati and that the Illuminati used his death to divert people's attention from more important issues, as they do with the death of every big-name celebrity.
According to VigilantCitizen, a prominent Illuminati-conspiracy blogger, MJ was becoming increasingly outspoken on the shady dealings of the music industry in his last years. "Indeed, it seems the man who was the ultimate Illuminati slave was attempting to break free."
Jackson's religion tended towards the fringe end of the spectrum.
Jackson's parents were Jehovah's Witnesses and he remained a Witness until the church criticized one of his albums. In his lifetime he experimented with Christianity, Kabbalah and, towards the end of his life, Islam. For those that care that he might not have been a Christian at death and therefore won't go to Heaven, despite all of the other sins and problems he would have to account for, there were questions as to whether Jackson ever converted back from Islam between his initial conversion in 2007 and his death in 2010.
For a while, he was married to Scientologist Lisa Marie Presley (Elvis' daughter). How scientological he was, is anyone's guess.
Jackson also fell into the clutches of Uri Geller, the spoon bender.
In a particularly sickening scene, Jackson pretended to be Jesus at the Brit Awards. He posed in a crucifixion scene with small children around him. Until Jarvis Cocker put pay to the stunt.
 See also
- "The full hoax recap for newbies in videos" – Michael Jackson Death Hoax Investigators forum
- "The Weird List" – Michael Jackson Death Hoax Investigators forum
- Michael's speech about $ony & Tommy Mottola
- The Great Michael Jackson Conspiracy List
- ↑ CNN. Jackson dies, almost takes Internet with him
- ↑ Techcrunch. The Web Collapses Under The Weight Of Michael Jackson's Death
- ↑ Telegraph. Michael Jackson death: conspiracy theories and unanswered questions
- ↑ The Sun. MICHAEL JACKSON faked his own death to escape the pressures of fame, according to crazed fans who believe their hero is still alive.
- ↑ VigilantCitizen. http://vigilantcitizen.com/tag/michael-jackson/
- ↑ TheDoggStar. Michael was Murdered
- ↑ The Truth Behind Michael Jackson's Murder
- ↑ Michael Jackson Death Hoax Investigators forum
- ↑ VigilantCitizen. When Insiders Expose the Ugly Side of the Entertainment Industry. June 2010
- ↑