New Right is a European organisation that identifies itself as being "strongly opposed to liberalism, democracy and egalitarianism" and claims to "fight to restore the eternal values and principles that have become submerged beneath the corrosive tsunami of the modern world". Launched in 2005 by Troy Southgate and Jonothon Boulter, its website is currently defunct.
The group appears to be an unlikely mixture of European ethnic nationalists and Islamic extremists. Its ninth London meeting, held in 2007, saw Dr. Sahib Bleher of the Islamic Party of Britain deliver a speech entitled "Islam: Outdated Oriental Religion or Visionary Ideology of the Future?" followed half an hour later by a speech from Wulf Ingesunnu of Woden's Folk, an English asatru group that opposes "multi-racialism". An odd couple indeed.
Other people involved with the group involve the late Jonathan Bowden, who was at one point chairman; Michele Renouf, a former beauty queen accused by some of being a Holocaust denier; David Irving; Kenyon Gibson, a 9/11 truther; Linda Miller, who reportedly delivered a speech at a New Right meeting calling for Europeans to convert to Islam; Abir Taha, who has been described by an admirer as advocating "esoteric Hitlerism"; and Soren Renner, who has delivered a speech on Hitler's birthday in which he griped about "the liberal project, the Jewish project, the one world project" in front of a big painting of der Fuhrer.
This combination of Islamists and possible Nazi sympathisers may seem an odd place to find gay rights activism, but one of the chaps involved with New Right was the late Alisdair Clarke, who wrote a blog post calling for an organised homosexual boycott of halal and kosher outlets because "All three intolerant, monotheistic Abrahamic religions are alien and deserve the same fate in Europe... we are opposed to the alien homophobia that they are bringing to our shores."
A movement in France with a similar ideology, also called New Right (Nouvelle Droite in French) was founded in the late 1970s by Alain de Benoist.
 See also
- ↑ http://web.archive.org/web/20110719024503/http://www.new-right.org/?p=14img
- ↑ 2.0 2.1 http://aryanfuturism.blogspot.com/2007/01/new-right-ninth-london-meeting.html
- ↑ http://www.wodensfolk.org.uk/resistance.html
- ↑ http://web.archive.org/web/20110725184319/http://www.jonathanbowden.co.uk/interview.html
- ↑ http://www.theage.com.au/news/world/the-lady-denied/2006/02/21/1140284032806.html
- ↑ http://www.new-right.org/?p=988
- ↑ http://groups.yahoo.com/group/Rose-Noire/message/2385
- ↑ http://www.rense.com/general47/zion.htm
- ↑ http://abritishmaninlondon.blogspot.com/2011/04/32rd-new-right-saturday-9th-april-2011.html
- ↑ http://abritishmaninlondon.blogspot.com/2011/02/31st-meeting-of-new-right.html
- ↑ http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-JRKvETaw4M
- ↑ http://youtu.be/hlm5Pd54sEw?t=7m17s
- ↑ http://majorityrights.com/index.php/weblog/comments/alisdair_clarke/
- ↑ http://aryanfuturism.blogspot.com/2007/01/boycott-halal-kosher-outlets.html