|Dolphins and money|
|Key cosmic concepts|
“”I am a glass-blowing artist and in my 'Hidden Worlds' show, I hand engraved scenes which had hidden worlds of animals in the tree branches. I tried several different fonts but thought this font tied the material together and gave me the feeling I was hoping for.
“”What the fuck is this shit?
Papyrus is popular with the New Age movement because it provides a feeling of natural creation and hand-crafting, mass produced by computer in a sterile environment. It is also frequently found on Christian rock CDs and suburban church notices, to give that proper feeling of being spiritual, yet safe.
It was famously used for the subtitles in Avatar, proving the cosmic oneness of blue-skinned cat babes with athletic breasts and tails, as well as the name of the spaceship Serenity in the movie of the same name, which was a sequel to the cult classic TV show Firefly.
Font snobs hold it in even lower general esteem than Comic Sans. We've all had business memos in Comic Sans, but only a terminal crystal-hugger would request your overdue TPS reports using Papyrus. Comic Sans says "dumb"; Papyrus says "space cadet."
The typeface was created by graphic designer Chris Costello for Letraset in 1982. He is very sorry.
- Papyrus Watch
- I ♥ Papyrus
- The Wikipedia talk page is hilarious. Yeah, xkcd is all they have to say about Papyrus.
- ↑ 1.0 1.1 F is for font: Investigating Boise's love affair with the prolific Papyrus (Travis Estvold, Boise Weekly, 2008-06-25)
- ↑ Pentecostal ones use Comic Sans.
- ↑ http://www.npr.org/templates/transcript/transcript.php?storyId=124320235
- ↑ The xkcd comic in question