|Hail to the Chief?|
|Persons of interest|
People United Means Action or PUMA, were, and still are, a group of disaffected Hillary Clinton-supporting "Democrats" who not only opposed Barack Obama's nomination, but now oppose his Presidency. They have provided a good source of conspiracy theories about Obama for wingnuts at the other end of the spectrum.
The name "People United Means Action" is widely regarded as a backronym, even within the PUMA community, and is generally only used in polite company. Among the sane, the acronym means "Party Unity My Ass".
 Notable PUMAs
 Darragh Murphy
The undisputed queen of the PUMAs, Murphy is the founder and owner of P.U.M.A. PAC. She is a "lifelong Democrat", except for 2000 when she donated money to John McCain (and only John McCain) and voted in the Republican primary. Of course, there's no reason to suspect foul play based on this alone, but Murphy's repeated failure to file a report with the FEC seems a bit suspicious.
 Lady Lynn Forester de Rothschild
Lady de Rothschild was a major Clinton fundraiser (or "Hillraiser" as she insisted on being identified) who supported John McCain in the general election. The Lady de Rothschild set some record for irony when she appeared on Anderson Cooper 360 and called Obama an elitist.
 Amy Siskind
Amy Siskind is the founder of the website The New Agenda. Siskind is vehement that her movement is unconnected to PUMA; however, the fact that the group is composed of members of PUMA groups and sides with the PUMAs on every significant issue would suggest otherwise. She is perhaps best known for her inexplicable attack on NOW president Kim Gandy  (who, by the way, backed Clinton during the primaries).
 Larry Johnson
Larry Johnson is a CIA analyst-turned-consultant-turned blogger. His website, No Quarter, was a haven for PUMAs throughout the election and continuing to today. However, he is best known as the originator of the "whitey tape" hoax.
 Harriet Christian
Harriet Christian is a popular figure among the PUMAs. Although she has no authority in any PUMA groups, she is one of their most well-known members, courtesy of an unhinged rant in which she infamously referred to Obama as an "inadequate black male." At one point, there was actually a movement among the PUMAs to get Christian appointed Senator for New York.
- ↑ http://www.guardian.co.uk/world/2008/jun/07/hillaryclinton.barackobama
- ↑ http://www.opensecrets.org/indivs/index.php?capcode=hmgtf&name=murphy&state=MA&zip=01741&employ=&cand=
- ↑ Puma PAC’s founder Darragh Murphy (hearts) John McCain
- ↑ Copy of the FEC letter, November 3rd, 2008
- ↑ AC360 Clinton Hillraisers -- Frankly we don't like him - Note that the program only refers to her as "Lynn Forester."
- ↑ A copy of the press release
- ↑ No Way, No How to Kim Gandy for Director of Women’s Bureau
- ↑ http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TwCn7sB1rxY
- ↑ http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KACQuZVAE3s
- ↑ Sadly, the Appoint Harriet website is no longer around, but here's proof that it existed