RationalWiki:What is going on in the clogosphere?
|Best of the clogosphere and older entries can be found in the archives.|
 February 2016
|3||What begins as a fair criticism of Martin Shkreli's Congressional hearing segues into an increasingly bizarre endorsement: Martin Shkreli for President! Make America |
|5||The Daily Fail has outperformed itself yet again by mistaking a rocket from a video game for one from real life.|
|16||Spirit Science: Each word of this headline makes my inner skeptic curl up and cry, gnawing gently at its fedora.|
|15||Goat milk cures HIV.|
|15||A surreal variation on the Galileo gambit: the newly-formed Independent Committee on Geoethics (featuring steering committee member Christopher Monckton), out to "prosecute the climate fraudsters", has adopted Charles Darwin as its "honorary president".|
|21||Of course there is already a conspiracy theory about why Trump underperformed in Iowa. Courtesy of 8chan no less.|
 January 2016
|16||Alternative medicine quack, notable for being Charlie Sheen's "doctor," invited by Bill Maher. Bonus: Charlie Sheen's blood has already returned to detectable levels of HIV.|
|23||Coverage of a tiger-goat friendship is gay propaganda! Just wait until he learns about the cat and bunny romance.|
|16||Allnews Pipeline: The Oregon Militia standoff was a false-flag operation! Masons! Satanists! Babylonians! Hollow Earth! BLOOD SACRIFICE!!!!!|
|12||Anti-Trump PAC makes an excellent case in Trump's favor (video).|
|25||WND is hyperventilating about furries: "The latest deviancy they're trying to mainstream"|
|18||Guess the website: "Ginger Jihadis: Why Redheads are Attracted to Radical Islam"|
|16||Slymepitters attempt to use a mentally ill woman in a fake Neil DeGrasse Tyson rape plot against PZ Myers. He doesn't fall for the bait, and we're left with the Slymepit showing their true colors.|
|9||A woo-laden New Age sex guide. Quite possibly the worst thing you will read today.|
|32||Richard Dawkins: "I'm a feminist, but this Sargon of Akkad fellow has made an interesting youtube video about how Feminism and Islamism are the same thing". UPDATE: He's now deleted the tweet FURTHER UPDATE: Dawkins has been uninvited from the NECSS 2016 conference due to a majority vote from the panel. To his credit, the tweet was removed prior to the decision being released.|
|15||A 'Common Law Judge' (Sovereign citizen crank) writes to the Bundy Militia with 'advice'.|
|28||Washed-up rapper B.o.B goes completely off the deep end. If he'd stopped at merely arguing that the Earth was flat, that might not have been newsworthy... but when Neil deGrasse Tyson read his tweets and decided to have a good laugh by sharing and debunking them, B.o.B doubled down and responded with a diss track that has to be seen to be believed. (With a casual side of Holocaust denial!) Tyson responded with a (fanmade) diss track of his own.|
|22||NaturalNews correspondent writes that adding fluoride to water is bad because it's an Appeal to nature fa— Wait, what(redirect)|
|25||It's always fun when the conspiracists start turning against one another. NaturalNews/NewsTarget attacks InfoWars over the latter not taking a gun protest seriously(redirect).|
|22||Ted Cruz is anointed as a “king” to take control of all sectors of society and “bring the spoils of war to the priests”, thus helping to bring about a prophesied “great transfer of wealth”, from the “wicked” to righteous Gentile believers. (See Seven Mountains theology.) Also here.|
|13||LifeSiteNews: Oh noes! Think of the children! Alberta is going to force young girls to shower with males! Guess dignity is out of the question.|
|27||New York Post: Bernie Sanders is no socialist... "He's a diehard COMMIE!!1!"|
|29||Fearmongering! Get your fearmongering here! Mike Adams (The Health Ranger) launches a new website, Pharma Death Clock(redirect), that claims to "[give] you a real-time count of all [...] deaths ["due to prescription drugs, chemotherapy and medical mistakes"], aggregated from January 1, 2000."|
|28||InfoWars: One of Alex Jones's writers posits that David Bowie's death is the "capstone on the pyramid of necrotic Anglo-American mass culture spanning a half-century of civilizational cancer." The comments section is worse.|
|43||Milo Yiannopoulos loses his little blue "verified" checkmark on Twitter, for multiple TOS violations. Breitbart goes goddamn nuts. His fans find this obviously directly comparable to journalists literally being murdered by terrorists. There's over 1500 signatures on a White House petition to reinstate Milo's little blue checkmark.|
|23||NaturalNews splitting into two quack sites(redirect).|
|40||Return of Kings claims that Forbes acknowledges that its boycott of SWTFA cost Disney millions of dollars, when the headline of the Forbes article in question explicitly reads: "No, Men's Rights Activists Didn't Cost Star Wars Any Money".|
|12||Considering how dumb these people are, they must eat everything on this list. Also, generic HTML5 template with the only changes being widened margins, Taboola but worse at the top and bottom of every page, and clickbait ads inserted everywhere.|
 December 2015
|31||Shield: A £23 Tinfoil Hat "You do not have to be paranoid or into conspiracy theories." Well okay then! UPDATE: The Kickstarter was funded with three days to spare. Time to wait and see if they'll pull a CrystalWash 2.0|
|19||Nibiru is Coming at Us Like a Runaway Freight Train, Say Planet X Researchers. Even Before It's News points out that true believers are likely deluded and chasing their own tails at this point.|
|29||Another fine rant about teh anti-white, anti-male evulz of Star Wars: The Force Awakens, this one from the manosphere's favorite Anton LaVey wannabe.|
|33||Milo Yiannopoulos ranting about Neil deGrasse Tyson|
|29||The new Star Wars film has some non-white characters. WHITE GENOCIDE!!!|
|42||The Metropolitan Museum of Art in New York has been sued for "deliberately and affirmatively endorsing anti-Semitic, racist and offensive, view-point based discriminatory speech", "institutionalizing 'white supremacy' propaganda", and causing the plaintiff to feel "emotional and psychological harm from exposure" and "rejected by society"... by displaying a couple 16th-century Italian paintings that happened to depict Jesus with lighter skin and hair. The complainant is acting as his own lawyer.|
|56||On the wiki dedicated to the Silent Hill series of video games, one editor knows what the series is really about: Circumcision and its ties to the Satanic Illuminati.|
|37||Not content with supporting Trump's call to ban Muslim entry to the US, Phyllis Schlafly proposes a total ban on immigration to the US for an indeterminate time.|
|24||Islam is not a religion.|
|26||The San Bernardino shooting occurred because of |
|36||Do you ever feel as though there are two different species inhabiting the Western world? Ordinary people, and anonymous right-wing internet tough guys? Somebody watched the trailer for Star Wars: The Force Awakens and was somehow thereby inspired to write this eye-watering mind fart of an article about black men's penises.|
|11||LessWrong realises it's probably useless now (even Eliezer Yudkowsky tends to stick to his Facebook these days), discusses plans to deal with this.|
|32||This guy has it all: Thomas Paine reference, birtherism, Islamophobia, racism, calling for the President's impeachment, and bad puns|
|23||San Bernardino shootings already attracting accusations of being a false flag (link is to google search)|
|29||Alabama State Rep. Alan Harper (R-61): |
 November 2015
|25||"In Study 2 we set out to replicate this pattern of results using real-world examples of bullshit. For this, we created an additional scale using particularly vague “tweets” from Deepak Chopra’s “Twitter” account" Judgement and Decision Making. Vol 10 No 6. Deepak Chopra is now, literally, the paradigm example of bullshit.|
|-14||DAESH goes quackers|
|13||Truth is being silenced not just in America... but ALL OVER THE WORLD! On other news, All News Pipeline use the word "crybullies" in a serious way.|
|24||The page says it isn't bullshit. They are wrong.|
|20||How to make your relatives at Thanksgiving hate you more than your drunk racist uncle? With Bitcoin! (Not the same site or author that ran one of these for Christmas last year.)|
|38||American Family Association: "..socialism is driven by covetousness - the greedy, grasping hunger of some for other people’s money - and built on theft - the use of government power to coercively lift money from the wallets of some in order to give it to others." says an organization that solicits donations for its cause while hiding under religious tax exempt status.|
|20||Ok, Allnews Pipeline... You say the nuclear WWIII is gonna happen because Russia got mad over what Turkey did? And that NATO supports DAESH and those Turks were indeed DAESH fighters? There's a reason Poe's law exists, people...|
|13||Sam Harris: I’d vote for ‘dangerously deluded religious imbecile’ Ben Carson over Noam Chomsky|
|29||Guess who? White genocide (seriously...?!) hits America as more refugees are allowed in! And who's responsible? OBAMA OF COURSE!!1! Needless to say what Obama did say has only a vague semblance to ANP's version.|
|43||Scott Adams: We live in a castrating matriarchy because men pay for dates and have to get women's consent for sex. Bonus: He also argues that it's not sexist when he talks over women during meetings; it's just that women talk too much.|
|17||Allnews Pipeline: France prepares for chemical weapon atta-... wait, what?|
|27||Raised by gay parents, he shocked them by coming out as a Christian – and then a pastor. What a truly brave person to have to "come out" to those bigots.|
|13||"Credible" Intel: Impending attacks by ISIS in 'murica! Oh, and WWIII COMING!!!! ...yeah, keep dreaming, Allnews Pipeline, keep dreaming.|
|36||The Daily Mail responds to the refugee crisis with a cartoon of rats scampering across Europe's open borders. A cartoon that rehashes racist imagery from Nazi Germany.|
|48||Who's to blame for the Paris attacks? Women, of course; according to the Manosphere.|
|23||Faithful Word Baptist Church pastor Steven Anderson claims that the Parisians who died in the concert hall attack had it coming because they were listening to "death metal".|
|18||NaturalNews: Health Ranger be magic man! Magic man predict terrorist attack! Magic man be awesome!(redirect)|
|12||There's a time for activism. In the face of a major tragedy isn't one of them. (Bonus suckage: Breitbart and other right-wing press are already on an anti-BLM frenzy over this crap).|
|16||NaturalNews: THE PARIS ATTACK WAS AN ACT OF LOVE!(redirect) (seriously: what was he thinking?)|
|13||NaturalNews are massive racists.(redirect)|
|21||NaturalNews: The claims of racism that sparked the ongoing protests in the University of Missouri? IT'S ALL A MASSIVE HOAX!!(redirect) (but seriously: what does this have to do with natural health?)|
|21||Bible Spice 2.0: The Starbucks boycott is because the leftist media want Christians to look stupid.|
|22||A Breitbart piece from an old school LaVey-style libertarian Satanist bemoaning this new breed of SJW Satanists.|
|15||NaturalNews: OMG SESAME STREET IS EVULZ!!1(redirect)|
|21||Egyptian TV cites Jedi Mind Tricks lyrics as PROOF that the US government is using HAARP weather control to destabilize Egypt. Also, Jedi means Jewish.|
|31||Via We Hunted The Mammoth: MGTOW: Women literally hypnotize men with their zombifying vagina goo. THE POWER OF PUSSY COMPELS YOU.|
|23||WHY DOES STARBUCKS HATE JESUS?!?!11! (Indirect link to Time article)|
|5||Two words: Sock. Puppets.(redirect)|
 Egregious sources
List all your favorite small-time local blogiots main addresses, etc., here.
- Logan's Warning is one hell of a paranoid, bigoted, anti Muslim Blog! According to the person who runs it, no Muslim can be trusted and all Muslims are out to turn every non Muslim society on earth into a theocracy. He has even stated on multiple occasions that the constitution itself needs to be changed to stop Islam and Islam is not a religion. He also has no problem with pitting Christians against Muslims and gets angry at and insults any Christian who attempts interfaith dialog. He also believes that united States constitution aids Muslims in their take over of America.
- Denyse O'Leary, who runs multiple IDiot blogs and cross-links them to pretend it's a movement.
- No Shoes or Shirt Required is written by a Southern-fried little hate monger with a (virtual) hard-on for "Darwinists" and Homosexuals. Specializing in simple lies for simple people, quote mining, and hate speech disguised as God's love, this blog is sponsored by the online version of a Norfolk, Virginia local paper, because they like to broadcast their bigotry down in the Bible Belt.
- Five Feet of Fury, a Canadian hard right blog, run by an unemployed woman who thinks hoaxing Jews by claiming to be a Holocaust victim is hilarious. But hey, she doesn't think the Nazis were really responsible either, so how stable can she be?
- Rachel Marsden--"The Canadian Anne Coulter" A conservative commentator who tried to discredit the women's movment, only not in the way you might think.
- Small Dead Animals, allegedly "the best Canadian blog" (2007) another unpleasant Canadian woman .
Mesopotamia West, run by a 67-year-old Conservative who gets off on his own poor smut and really doesn't like people from other countries.– No longer active
- Answers in Genesis' own journal, Answers Research Journal
- A lovely Australian biologist, Christian, and creationist.
- Shock and Blog, the ramblings of a part-time anti-semite, one-time CP sysop, full-time moron called Jinxmchue. WARNING: Direct links to "Shock and Blog" from RationalWiki are redirected to goatse. Please format all links to Jinx's blogs like the link in this entry to circumvent this.
- The REAL Jesusland, loony Christian-related stuff from (Oh no! Not again!) Jinxmchue. WARNING: Direct links to "The REAL Jesusland" from RationalWiki are redirected to goatse. Please format all links to Jinx's blogs like the link in this entry to circumvent this.
- Coast-to-coast-am's news ticker could practically just be copied here.
- Complementary and Alternative Medicine (CAM) Encyclopedia - just hit "random page"...
- GrasstopUSA - Whilst sometime their guest commentator is good their "exclusive commentary" by Don Feder (who?) is always prime quality clogo. While you are there don't forget to ask Chris to send your "50 Blast Fax" for $50 (they use to be $20 InstaFaxes) you just need a major credit card.
- American Family Association Action Alerts - these are always stupid, but sometime they out class themselves in demanding apologies for trivialities. Be sure to send your personal outrage in the form of a form letter (at least they don't charge you).
- Creation Science Evangelism While America's favorite tax fraudfeasor is serving time in federal prison, his idiot spawn has taken over his blog.
- Science and Math Defeated
- The American View: Originally set up as a part of Michael Peroutka's 2004 presidential campaign, now effectively the personal bullhorn of a hyper-Calvinist crank named John Lofton, who gets a sub sandwich for $6.66 and concludes that the end of the world is at hand. 
- James Edwards: The Rise of Ethnopolitics — "Conservatism is dead. Liberalism has no answers. What comes next? The rise of ethnopolitics."
- Cao's (pronounced Key's) blog - A right-wing, pro-military, al-Qaida conspiracy theorist, married woman. Has been used by Ken for source material.
- WomanTalk -Sharon Hughes and friends (i.e. right wing fundies)
- Ladies Against Feminism: Housewives who somehow find time off from their busy schedule of skivvy duty to rant on the website about how "Christ is the head of the man and man is the head of the woman" and emphasize that "Biblical womanhood is not a 'white thing.'"
- David Klinghoffer's blog is bound to have an anti-Darwinist screed on it.
- Save the Males - Rantings about Zionists, Illuminati and feminist.
- Atheism is Dead — an anti-atheism blog featured on the front page of Conservapedia on August 8, 2009. No longer active, replaced by:
- Dancing from Genesis - YEC blog that has really, really long entry titles.
- Seriously Pissed - Long-winded rantings of a very angry old white man.
- American Thinker - Extreme right-wing Christian "news" site/blog. Very popular. Consists mostly of global warming denial, evolution denial, attempts to blame atheism and Obama for all that is evil, birther craziness, incoherent insults, and racism.
- Vox Popoli - the home of Theodore Beale, when he isn't spouting his bile on WND.
- Angry White Dude - Whiny, racist conservative blog run by some err... angry white dude. Entries read like Encyclopedia Dramatica articles and are barely comprehensible in between all the swearing and bitching.
- Commie Blaster - "Proof Obama is a Communist, Marxist, Socialist, Maoist, Progressive, Islamic Terrorist." Says it all.
- Louisiana Conservative - An insane chaotic mess of a far right site.
- Food Freedom blog - diet woo, Big Ag conspiracy theories, hysterical anti-GMO and anti-biotechnology agenda.
- ENENews - for all your anti-nuclear fear mongering needs.
- Jay L. Wile - Proslogian, a wingnut chemist who has made a fortune selling books to homeschoolers (I can't imagine why he's a creationist). Requires thorough debunking.
- The Right Stuff - White nationalist neoreactionary website espousing various forms of bigotry in a pseudo-intellectual style. Prolonged browsing may give the sane reader a strong urge to punch a wall. They attack both sane modern liberalism and genuine moonbattery at the same time, resulting in some stopped clock material, but it's mixed so homogeneously with the wingnuttery that it's not worth it. Apparently, they also dislike many other neoractionaries such as Mencius Moldbug for not being antisemitic enough.
- Return of Kings - a particularly vile manosphere blog run by RooshV, though there are other writers. It's filled to the brim with Red Pill nuttery.