RationalWiki:What is going on in the clogosphere?
|Best of the clogosphere and older entries can be found in the archives.
 May 2013
 Recent entries
|3||The inevitable conspiracy theories about the Woolwich terror attack surface. (Check the end of the article, it's the last guy you'd expect who's debunking it)|
|18||Alex Jones claims the Monroe tornado was a government distraction, thanks to their "weather weapons."|
|17||More words of wisdom from Stephen Lennon: if Salman Rushdie had worn a balaclava while writing The Satanic Verses, he'd be alive.|
|17||A 20-year rainfall in Ireland proves that the Great Flood really happened. Please don't think about unimportant facts like where rain comes from and returns to, or that there isn't enough water on the planet for a global flood, because we're right, and we have experts to prove it!|
|18||Ken Ham is going to release that dumb dinosaur quiz as a PDF for all to see|
|18||True to form, Fred Phelps and Pat Robertson both have theories on why the Oklahoma tornado happened.|
|17||With about 175,000 hits so far, this isn't new. (And if it's a repost, sorry for that.) Bible.org tells women "what every wife needs to know." (No, it's not a Poe.)|
|15||Handy tips on how to communicate when martial law comes.|
|25||According to Alan Keyes, the IRS scandal is a ploy by Obama to "shield Obama’s secret collaboration with terrorists to create chaos and introduce a tyrannical government to destroy America."|
|26||Alice Walker of The Color Purple fame discusses "Reptilian space beings whose hybrid (part human, part reptile) descendants make our lives hell". When did she go off the deep end?|
|25||"On behalf of all of those people, I'm supporting our troops by saying we need to try, convict, and shoot Hillary Clinton in the vagina." (Yeah, this is the sorry state of conservative talk radio.)|
|5||Is there a contest among researchers to publish the craziest "physical/personality trait A implies societal attitude B" correlation? Researchers at two universities in California and Denmark announce the results of a study indicating that as a man's bicep size increases, his support for social welfare programs usually decreases.|
|26||Bradlee Dean reacts to Minnesota's new same-sex marriage and LGBT-inclusive anti-bullying laws. I love the smell of schadenfreude in the morning.|
|28||Because this explains every question we had about vaccines.|
|12||Random guy on Godlike Productions: "Illuminati Card "BACKLASH" Being Played Now"! Apparently the idea of naming a card after a real-life concept is alien to GLPers, as well as the idea of not linking a site that debunks your claim in the first post (either that, or our article sucks.)|
|16||And the Reverend Pat sayeth that the use of security cameras is a mark of The Beast. Thus, they are tools of the Antichrist and a sign of the End Times. It's also a song by Swedish metal band Meshuggah.|
|18||Well known political analyst Mike Adams, claims there'll be a false-flag operation within the next week, to distract attention away from the Benghazi cover-up.|
|25||NOM has gone completely senile, thinks it's somehow back in the 50s.|
|38||Bryan Fischer: Gays can't have children so they don't care about economic issues, hence they will cause the collapse of the western economy.|
|17||Cato: South Korea is an American welfare queen! For a think tank that is so viruently against Communist influence...|
|19||How Not to Debate a Creationist. CMI congratulates itself on misinterpreting an article by Michael Shermer.|
|13||The five wackiest things heard at the NRA Convention.|
|12||Faith2Action is on a roll now, this time comparing gays to smokers and trying to make a statement about gays as teachers. Notable because of the amount of young children used in making the ad rather than just being a shit analogy again. UPDATE: Wiped from YouTube.|
|1||Making female video game characters with absurdly proportioned bodies and little-to-no clothing isn't inherently sexist because...erm...sexuality!|
|44||Ray Comfort is still riding the stupid train.|
 Earlier entries
|19||CEO of the "Concerned Women for America": The Age of Enlightenment created the Holocaust!|
|15||Ted Nugent speaks about military suicides. (Guess who he blames?)|
 April 2013
|13||Dennis Prager strikes again with an article that basically says, "Secularists and feminists made college kids into depressed sluts. Also, the doctor with a PhD in this subject has no idea what she's talking about, unless it's on one of the occasions she's agreeing with me."|
|14||B-but muh economies! Amidst rambles about upcoming abortion legislation in the Republic of Ireland, a right-leaning journalist has a eureka moment - of course! Lefties only care about gays and blacks because they "lost" the economy argument! And isn't it a little bit curious that the phrase is so similar to the one in the recent column by that fucker from that fucking paper?|
|21||Rick Warren says that God and Allah are one and the same. This, of course, makes him a filthy liberal.|
|22||Mama Schlafly calls for the return of the House Committee for UnAmerican Activies, this time going for Muslims.|
|36||Only 13? Hint: It starts with "Both Hitler and Obama held rallies in outdoor stadiums" and goes downhill from there.|
|10||The BBC gives oxygen to bullshit|
|18||Reagan wasn't big gummint, the Tea Party hated Dubya, Dubya was intelligent and altruistic, his tax cuts created growth, and Keynesianism is actually market monetarism. Yes, and we're all on acid.|
|14||But at least sweatshops are not as bad as subsistence agriculture!|
|15||Vox Day argues that softening immigration restrictions is "electoral suicide" for the GOP: "The legality or illegality [of immigration] has never been the issue. The issue has always been what it has been since the Israelites first immigrated to Canaan; the quantity."|
|35||Yeah, the blood, gore and trauma are fake, you fucking scumbags|
|22||Now you too can meet the wingnut of your dreams - Alex Jones has a dating site.|
|33||The West, Texas explosion was totally Muslim terrorism, because fertilizer bombs were used in the Oklahoma bombing, and Saddam Hussein had a role in that.|
|39||Ann Coulter: She "ought to be in prison for wearing a hijab."|
|24||The absurd anti-gay documentary, Criminalising Christianity, gets a second trailer, equating homosexuality with straight adultery (even though gay sex is adultery under biblical rules already, go figure). Guest spot from Peter LaBarbera, professional closet-dweller from Americans for Truth About Homosexuality, comparing gays to alcoholics. We sure got 'em good there, Pete!|
|16||History will ultimately judge... Yeah, they've already judged.|
|26||Atheism is a form of autism. Also, all autistic people are atheists because they don't have a section in their brain for faith.|
|29||Donald Trump reminds everyone that Jon Stewart is Jewish.|
|13||Scoring points with the holocaust, classy.|
|25||Happy Eliminating All References To Him Day!|
|21||When conspiracy theories aren't killed at birth: Saudi "person of interest" is Bin Laden's son and the Obamas are protecting him! TREASON!|
|8||Wait a minute, so the amount of links from .edu sites determines validity. I can give arbitrary figures value too: guess what? The amount of lint balls you have determines your IQ. Get collecting!|
|17||Shorter Glenn Beck: Saudis! Saudis! Saudis! What is Obama hiding?|
|13||Opposing oppressive governments is the same as breaking the speed limit: wrong Bernie Ecclestone is yet another rich fuckwit|
|23||Ok Trump, have it your way. Let him die, we'll never know if he has larger ties to terrorism, thus making American security even worse than if we were able to interrogate him. (Also, EMTALA, and this is Massachusetts, you cunt.) MORE: Behead him, like in the Middle Ages!|
|22||Bush kept us safe for 8 years!|
|6||Because, when there is an armed and dangerous man at large, everyone should be able to just casually walk around in the street.|
|28||An Arkansas Republican state legislator has a dignified, tasteful message for the people of Boston. Update: And now he's sorry (that he got called out on it).|
|5||The Sun (not the Daily Mail, the tweet is wrong), in its rabid attempts to show the evil old witch was loved, try to pass off a picture of last year's jubilee as a picture of her funeral|
|8||Ann Coulter has weighed and measured Marco Rubio, and has found him unworthy. Summon the RINO hunters! Purge the Heretic!|
|23||Eight years after the fact, Uncommon Descent defends Michael Behe's lacklustre performance at Kitzmiller v. Dover. Apparently, ID is only "based upon complexity appearing at the outset of life when life first arose, and the complexity that appears during the Cambrian Explosion." Shifting the goalposts much?|
|9||Argumentum ad cellarium has just entered the mainstream.|
|18||WND's Erik 'The Other' Rush has a typical right-wing, knee jerk reaction: Kill all Muslims.|
|21||Somebody doctored footage from Family Guy following the Boston Marathon bombing, thereby proving to some commenters that the bombing was carried out by the government. UPDATE: The author of the post has challenged his critics to open debate.|
|11||Bomb dogs were carrying out an exercise at the Boston Marathon start and finish lines, thereby proving to some commenters that the bombing was carried out by the government.|
|25||I retract my earlier suggestion that Alex Jones go fuck himself. He needs to go fuck a running lawnmower.|
|21||Boston Marathon bombing: Fox News and New York Post claims a 20 year-old Saudi man was detained completely contrary to reality.|
|26||Not two hours after the Boston Marathon bombings, the nutcases are coming out to blame Saudis and Muslims and also falsely claiming that Wolf Blitzer was blaming the Tea Party. And Alex Jones can just go fuck himself. And the WBC predictably blames teh gayz.|
|5||Daily Mail imagines a world without Thatcher.|
|16||Who selects your op-eds, NYT?|
|20||The Right are horrified that the man who "stole Obama's teleprompter" received 7 years in Federal prison, neglecting to mention he stole the truck it was in, along with several others.|
|21||"If Babies Had Guns They Wouldn't Be Aborted"|
|15||According to the wizards at Breitbart.com, the liberal media is ignoring the Kermit Gosnell horror story. Even The Atlantic wants to know why this story isn't making headline news. The reality, however, is that conservatives have simply been ignoring the coverage until now.|
|18||Christopher Monckton doesn't think chemtrails exist - a stopped clock moment for him, while chemmies have their own with their comments about his credibility!|
|17||Equality and Human Rights Commission: vegetarian kitchen workers should not be forced to handle meat. Daily Mail: "What an insult to Christians!"|
|22||Worth a read just to see a man who is famous for his anti-gay rants, thinks prostitutes aren't actually human beings, downplayed the Rwandan genocide because the victims were black, thinks the gypsies should be hated and shot at, and recently drove a woman to her death through harassing her in a newspaper, type the words "I've always considered myself a liberal in the truest sense of the word." (Warning: Daily Mail.)|
|16||Cristina Odone: The Human Rights lobby completely fails to understand that my imaginary friend is vastly superior to yours. (For the juxtaposition, here is the post where Odone laments that a Christian can't wear a cross to work.)|
|35||A Moral Argument Against Darwinism, wherein Christian apologist Douglas Groothius apparently proves that Darwinism is false because racism is bad.|
|28||PETA draws moral equivalency between being a meat-eater and being a rapist. Way to win people over!|
|15||WND: A North Korean EMP attack could destroy America!|
|47||How to grievously insult Ray Comfort: call him a "bibliophile". (At least he did apologise.)|
|20||Christians crying and screaming again about how being asked to treat gays with some semblance of respect is "criminalising Christianity". Note that almost everything about the film is still "TBA".|
|9||A mildly disturbing campaign video from Oliver Healey of the English Democrats. The best bit comes at 4:00 in.|
 Egregious sources
List all your favorite small-time local blogiots main addresses, etc., here.
- Logan's Warning is one hell of a paranoid, bigoted, anti Muslim Blog! According to the person who runs it, no Muslim can be trusted and all Muslims are out to turn every non Muslim society on earth into a theocracy. He has even stated on multiple occasions that the constitution itself needs to be changed to stop Islam and Islam is not a religion. He also has no problem with pitting Christians against Muslims and gets angry at and insults any Christian who attempts interfaith dialog. He also believes that united States constitution aids Muslims in their take over of America.
- Denyse O'Leary, who runs multiple IDiot blogs and cross-links them to pretend it's a movement.
- No Shoes or Shirt Required is written by a Southern-fried little hate monger with a (virtual) hard-on for "Darwinists" and Homosexuals. Specializing in simple lies for simple people, quote mining, and hate speech disguised as God's love, this blog is sponsored by the online version of a Norfolk, Virginia local paper, because they like to broadcast their bigotry down in the Bible Belt.
- Five Feet of Fury, a Canadian hard right blog, run by an unemployed woman who thinks hoaxing Jews by claiming to be a Holocaust victim is hilarious. But hey, she doesn't think the Nazis were really responsible either, so how stable can she be?
- Rachel Marsden--"The Canadian Anne Coulter" A conservative commentator who tried to discredit the women's movment, only not in the way you might think.
- Small Dead Animals, allegedly "the best Canadian blog" (2007) another unpleasant Canadian woman .
- Mesopotamia West, run by a 67-year-old Conservative who gets off on his own poor smut and really doesn't like people from other countries.
- Answers in Genesis' own journal, Answers Research Journal
- A lovely Australian biologist, Christian, and creationist.
- Shock and Blog, the ramblings of a part-time anti-semite, one-time CP sysop, full-time moron called Jinxmchue. WARNING: Direct links to "Shock and Blog" from RationalWiki are redirected to goatse. Please format all links to Jinx's blogs like the link in this entry to circumvent this.
- The REAL Jesusland, loony Christian-related stuff from (Oh no! Not again!) Jinxmchue. WARNING: Direct links to "The REAL Jesusland" from RationalWiki are redirected to goatse. Please format all links to Jinx's blogs like the link in this entry to circumvent this.
- Coast-to-coast-am's news ticker could practically just be copied here.
- Complementary and Alternative Medicine (CAM) Encyclopedia - just hit "random page"...
- GrasstopUSA - Whilst sometime their guest commentator is good their "exclusive commentary" by Don Feder (who?) is always prime quality clogo. While you are there don't forget to ask Chris to send your "50 Blast Fax" for $50 (they use to be $20 InstaFaxes) you just need a major credit card.
- American Family Association Action Alerts - these are always stupid, but sometime they out class themselves in demanding apologies for trivialities. Be sure to send your personal outrage in the form of a form letter (at least they don't charge you).
- Creation Science Evangelism While America's favorite tax fraudfeasor is serving time in federal prison, his idiot spawn has taken over his blog.
- Science and Math Defeated
- The American View: Originally set up as a part of Michael Peroutka's 2004 presidential campaign, now effectively the personal bullhorn of a hyper-Calvinist crank named John Lofton, who gets a sub sandwich for $6.66 and concludes that the end of the world is at hand. 
- James Edwards: The Rise of Ethnopolitics — "Conservatism is dead. Liberalism has no answers. What comes next? The rise of ethnopolitics."
- Cao's (pronounced Key's) blog - A right-wing, pro-military, al-Qaida conspiracy theorist, married woman. Has been used by Ken for source material.
- WomanTalk -Sharon Hughes and friends (i.e. right wing fundies)
- Ladies Against Feminism: Housewives who somehow find time off from their busy schedule of skivvy duty to rant on the website about how "Christ is the head of the man and man is the head of the woman" and emphasize that "Biblical womanhood is not a 'white thing.'"
- David Klinghoffer's blog is bound to have an anti-Darwinist screed on it.
- Save the Males - Rantings about Zionists, Illuminati and feminist.
- Atheism is Dead — an anti-atheism blog featured on the front page of Conservapedia on August 8, 2009. No longer active, replaced by:
- Dancing from Genesis - YEC blog that has really, really long entry titles.
- Seriously Pissed - Long-winded rantings of a very angry old white man.
- American Thinker - Extreme right-wing Christian "news" site/blog. Very popular. Consists mostly of global warming denial, evolution denial, attempts to blame atheism and Obama for all that is evil, birther craziness, incoherent insults, and racism.
- Vox Popoli - the home of Theodore Beale, when he isn't spouting his bile on WND.
- Angry White Dude - Whiny, racist conservative blog run by some err... angry white dude. Entries read like Encyclopedia Dramatica articles and are barely comprehensible in between all the swearing and bitching.
- Commie Blaster - "Proof Obama is a Communist, Marxist, Socialist, Maoist, Progressive, Islamic Terrorist." Says it all.
- Louisiana Conservative - An insane chaotic mess of a far right site.
- Food Freedom blog - diet woo, Big Ag conspiracy theories, hysterical anti-GMO and anti-biotechnology agenda.
- Jay L. Wile - Proslogian, a wingnut chemist who has made a fortune selling books to homeschoolers (I can't imagine why he's a creationist). Requires thorough debunking.