RationalWiki:What is going on in the clogosphere?
|Best of the clogosphere and older entries can be found in the archives.
Vote up the insanity, vote down the reality!
 September 2016
|19||Congressman Steve King has openly endorsed white supremacist propaganda and European fascism.|
|22||Fake news site fools flat-earthers into believing Trump is one of them|
|16||Senator Lindsey Graham believes there will be a second Holocaust against the Jews if we don't give military arms to... Saudi Arabia.|
|9||Remember that fatwa against chess? Now, the Grand Ayatollah has just introduced a fatwa against women riding bicycles (YouTube link).|
|12||USA Today columnist, Instapundit, won't apologize for his tweet instructing Charlotte, North Carolina drivers to run down protesters.|
|17||Paul Joseph Watson of Prison Planet does an "AMA" on Reddit: the October surprise "will be a violent, racist attack blamed on Trump supporters, or a massive escalation with Russia," apparently.|
|28||The Washington Post editorial board denounces calls to pardon Edward Snowden and criticizes him for leaking info about the NSA's PRISM program... after they accept a Pulitzer Prize for reporting on said program.|
|37||Alt-Right leaders: We aren’t racist, we just hate Jews.|
|32||Wolf Blitzer is worried defense contractors will lose jobs if U.S. stops arming Saudi Arabia.|
|33||Of course, we can stop Bitcoin mining being an ecological disaster if we just use zero-point energy.|
|25||Unable to get any real court to take their allegations seriously, and unable to take the hint, the tin-foil hat crowd have set up their very own kangaroo pseudo-court to give Monsanto a "trial" that will be totally fair. Because that sort of silliness achieved so much when Bertrand Russell tried it.|
|32||Colin Kaepernick greatly disrespects the United States and police officers, and America is stunned at his overt disrespect for the nation that guarantees him the freedom to earn millions of dollars each year. Sign our petition now, so that the NFL can take action against this disrespect!|
 August 2016
|46||Vox Day puts forth the 16 core beliefs of the alt-right. The Freepers are rather enthusiastic about it.|
|61||Rush Limbaugh is afraid that federally-paid lesbian farmers could take over rural America. (You can farm lesbians now?)|
|15||Alaskan village votes to relocate due to climate change. The Daily Caller: Damn welfare queens!|
|12||Buying drugs with Bitcoins over the internet is pretty much its own punishment.|
|17||Vitalik Buterin, creator of cryptocurrency Ethereum, was totally gonna solve P=NP, if only people would fund him.|
|15||Ted Koppel lambasts Bill O'Reilly for dumbing down journalism.|
|46||"Malcolm-Ieuan: Roberts., the living soul", representing a corporate entity called MALCOLM IEUAN ROBERTS goes on national television to defend global warming denial ... up against Brian Cox. Apparently, NASA is part of the conspiracy too. With video!|
|27||Glenn Beck voices some sympathy for Black Lives Matter, leading to the predictable backlash from the far-right outrage machine.|
|52||World Nut Daily has a breathless report about how US forces engaged and killed one of the Nephilim in Afghanistan, but the story is being covered up, because evolution.|
|21||The Genetic Literacy Project might have been good on GMOs, but its founder, Jon Entine, just went full race realist with a GLP "study" purporting to prove blacks are naturally dumb athletes — based on Olympic medal counts. It's just science. Immediate alt-right shitshow in the comments, of course. (The article is largely a rewrite of Entine's 2000 work of courageous scientific racism Taboo, which is substantially debunked here.)|
|18||So forest are just large bushes, and mountains are actually the remains of very large trees. This somehow connects to the flat earth.|
|38||As part of a fluff piece, the Daily Beast has inadvertently outed a handful of gay Olympian athletes, some of whom may be from countries where it is illegal. Of course, they edited the article and issued an "apology" after being called out on it.|
|21||The DEA has compared marijuana "grow spots" to meth labs.|
|23||Holocaust denier, conspiracy theorist, and Clinton critic Victor Thorn has died by apparent self-inflicted gunshot. But of course we know he was REALLY killed by "Zionist hitmen working on behalf of the Clintons.|
|5||No, the US didn't pay Iran $400 million in exchange for the Iranian hostages.|
|35||The Daily Stormer has announced plans to launch local chapters of an “IRL Troll Army” that will enable righteous white dudes “to prepare for the coming race war.” Called "Stormer Book Clubs", they will be men-only. You will hunt and capture your own women as part of the SBC’s operations., Andrew Anglin says.|
|13||Ignoring Blockchain Is Corporate Suicide! The worst and most incoherent Bitcoin article you will read this week. "augmented reality using VR and holographic systems will feed off sensory layers that will sit on the Ledger of Things connecting the world", apparently.|
|51||Alex Jones suggests the crying baby at Trump rally was probably a plant|
 July 2016
|53||"I am an idiot": Ryan Bundy declares himself a Sovereign citizen. Spoiler: it still doesn't get him out of jail.|
|69||Bradley Cooper, star of the conservative propaganda epic American Sniper, was spotted attending the DNC making conservatives go batshit on Twitter, shocked his movie role was just an act.|
|67||Ben Carson: Growing up rich is a disadvantage|
|25||The dumbest way to defend the feminist cause|
|40||David Duke: Jews did Melania's plagiarism. (HT Mammoth.)|
|53||Twitter has permanently banned Milo Yiannopoulos|
|40||LessWrong-style rationalists, specifically Scott Alexander fans, continue spouting neoreactionary talking points, suggest "A sterilization plague that ideally targets the less intelligent 90% or whatever. Done in secret and presented as a natural occurrence..." Don't worry, it'll be "paired with compassionate material," because these are definitely good people and not at all the second coming of 1920s eugenicists. (Note that this started from a discussion about getting rid of mosquitoes.)|
|28||Karl Rove does something sensible for once, by calling airport security on Alex Jones|
|-15||Is My Intolerance of Your Intolerance Intolerant? Altogether now!|
|10||The best way to end excessive police violence? According to one protest group, get rid of the police.|
|41||Rick Wiles: Satan Using Pokémon Go To Spawn 'Demonic Powers' And Murder Christians. Clinton is running for President, Pokémon is a tool of Satanic indoctrination...it's the 90s all over again!|
|26||Pam Geller Sues The US Gov't Because Facebook Blocked Her Page; Says CDA 230 Violates First Amendment. Full of all sorts of nonsense, considering the CD230 doesn't apply and isn't used to take down such items, even though Geller is claiming it's a "heckler's veto".|
|45||Rudy Giuliani believes that "Black kids are 99% likely to kill each other" and says Black Lives Matter is "inherently racist".|
|35||The neoreactionary/alt-right cultural critical analysis of Zootopia is a goldmine, (((brackets))) and all.|
|18||NaturalNews, in response to the FBI not charging Clinton: LAWS DON'T APPLY TO ANYONE ANYMOOOOOOOORE!!(redirect)|
|46||Jim Bob Duggar: Molestation Is Common In Christian Families. The money quote is “It was a very difficult situation. But as we talked to other parents and different ones since then, a lot of families have said that they have had similar things that happened in their families.” These would be other Quiverfull families.|
|67||Fox News is worried that the Statue of Liberty might be a transwoman.|
|40||Conservatives freak out over ‘UN takeover’ after spotting trucks made in Virginia and sold overseas.|
|27||Mr. Mean-Spirited (actual blog name) knows that professional archeologists are just the well-paid tools of multicultural elites. |
|32||Nassim Nicholas Taleb: "Who do you think is behind the 107 Laureates petitioning for Greenpeace to stop blocking golden rice? The answer is Monsanto!" This is not a surprise to why sane people do not take you seriously!|
|58||DUMB BRITISH BLONDE FUCKS 15 MILLION PEOPLE AT ONCE, courtesy of Pornhub. Rule 34 has been broken.|
|56||Christy Sheats was right to shoot her daughters, because they were "sleeping with black boys" and why should she "have to explain to her friends why she was carrying around a yellow mixed baby." Oh yeah, and she's a martyr for Christ and we should appreciate her will to die for Christ. UPDATE: She doubles down - "I will NOT apologize for my views in that blog. Miscegenation is WRONG and it will destroy the white race as we know it."|
 June 2016
|21||A bunch of right-wing hacks in Congress jump on John Kerry for saying a correct statement about ISIS.|
|27||During a hearing led by Ted Cruz, a crank accuses Keith Ellison and Andre Carson, Congress's only Muslim members, of being affiliated with the Muslim Brotherhood.|
|50||The 2016 Orlando nightclub shooting didn't happen because the club only has 12 parking bays, which means that there could never be 300+ people inside.|
|73||What do you mean my idealist/protest vote counted?!?!?!?!? Protest voters ‘quite worried’ as they regret backing Brexit. Edit: Ha. Double ha. Edit 2: Cornwall, which voted 56.5% "leave", expects the UK to cover all that fat EU money they've been getting.|
|55||Faux News reports on Britain leaving the UN.|
|42||Remember that couple in Canada who were convicted for their child's death after they tried to treat him with maple syrup and homeopathy instead of actual medicine? Have they learned their lesson about the dangers of substituting medicine with altmed? Nope. They blame the ambulance workers.|
|33||Of course there are conspiracy theories floating around about Orlando. One particular "Faulty Math" meme grew popular enough to be addressed by Snopes. And while it may be difficult to believe, Pat Robertson did not blame the shooting on gays.|
|30||Alex Jones now endorses Hillary Clinton.(Warning: Poe's Law in action!)|
|34||There is a time and place for campaigning for racial justice. Derailing a vigil for the victims of the Orlando attacks to accuse the LGBTQ community of being racist ISN'T ONE OF THEM.|
|24||Meanwhile in Canada, the Flat Earth "debate" gets heated.|
|25||Chuck Todd responds to Bernie Sanders' calls for stronger gun control by telling him he should "stop politicizing" the Orlando shooting.|
|38||The Orlando Pulse club massacre is a false flag by the Gay Mafia.|
|23||The latest alt-right brain fart: "identifying" Jews (or "Jewish interests") with triple parentheses. (Wikipedia article)|
|22||Scott Adams "endorses" Clinton out of fear that her supporters will kill him if he doesn't|
|29||Larry Pratt: I'm not saying I might murder judges if the Democrats win in November. I'm just saying someone might! This is why we have guns: to shoot the people trying to take away our guns!|
|24||Erick, son of Erick, freaks out after receiving a taste of his own racism-denying medicine|
 May 2016
|38||Oh, here we go. Mike Adams launches his own "independent, peer-reviewed" science journal that "rejects... all the blind, obedient "consensus" science narratives that only end in stupidity."(redirect) He even has his first "study" of heavy metals.(redirect)|
|40||Confused Rush Limbaugh thinks evolution is a hoax because Cincinnati gorilla never became human.|
|29||Actually, no, wait, it's really ending this weekend on the 3rd/4th because of a misinterpretation of the 2012 Mayan predictions.|
|28||The world is ending tomorrow, says this e-mail I just got. (Spoiler warning: It didn't end.)|
|30||John Henry Westen of LifeSiteNews argues that public affirmation of same-sex marriage is the Mark of the Beast foretold in Revelation: "Having some mark which allows buying and selling is not evil in and of itself, thus there must be something attached to getting the mark which makes receiving it worthy of eternal damnation. It would follow logically that in order to have the means to buy and sell people could perhaps be required to be upstanding citizens. Might not they be expected to sign on to some statement of human right to attest to such a state?" And then he argues that Sr. Lucia of Fatima foretold that the final battle between God and Satan would be about marriage and family. (Because what promotes marriage and family by denying it to the LGBT community?)|
|30||As a rational, neutral alt-right poster, I can assure you than Ben Shapiro is a stupid SJW Jew and anti-Semitism doesn't exist.|
|6||Editor-in-Chief of gaming site The Escapist: Us "real liberals" want to have a conversation about "real oppression" but the "Neo-Puritans" aren't listening to us so we shouldn't listen to them.|
|34||Saudi cleric says on public television that selfies with cats – or photographs in general – are "prohibited if not for a necessity. Not with cats, not with dogs, not with wolves, not with anything." They might want to consider using a ring binder to make adding new prohibitions easier.|
|22||Cosmic Convergence: 2012 and Beyond says yes, the government researched projecting holograms of god as a mass psyop. Citing RationalWiki's article on Project Blue Beam, they say "Unfortunately, they’re wrong."|
|16||From berts to fascists, Hillary Clinton is still seen as some sort of evil boogeywoman to the right wing.|
|30||David Harsanyi, from the Federalist, says there should be tests in order to vote.|
|18||'Toilet terrorists' get U.S. military hero William G. Boykin canned from his job at Hampden-Sydney College using subversive PC gender ideology.|
|26||Pope Says No to Trans-Kids, Teach Young ‘to Accept Their Own Body as it Was Created’, Breitbart|
|11||NPR airs an interview featuring actress Marilu Henner promoting her book, "Changing Normal: How I Helped My Husband Beat Cancer", which credits integrative medicine curing her husband's cancer and other significant health problems.|
|24||Gamergate video game currently in development. Set "30 years after 1984, the world is now controlled by SocJus, a totalitarian regime that seeks to impose their vision of equality on society." Yeeeeeeah. (On a side note, guess who they're listing as their inspiration)|
|26||Angry Birds: a silly (and kind of stupid) children's movie meant to profit on the popularity of a ubiquitous mobile game, or a sinister "meninist political statement attempting to vindicate male anger?... Maybe men shouldn't make movies."|
|11||Bill Kristol: Republican Spoiler, Renegade Jew, Breitbart.|
|20||Some YouTuber made a video on this woman named Evalion and now her channel is getting some attention. She's been making videos for at least a month now and she is: antisemitic, anti LGBT, anti feminism, racist, neonazi, she promotes fat shaming and she's a radical Christian. Jee! What a combo we have here! Not sure if a Poe but the drunken peasants podcast declared her "not a troll." EDIT: her channel appears to have been deleted.|
|16||Prager "University" explains why progressive income taxes are unfair. All this requires is a perfect world where everyone starts out from the same background and all income differences are due to personal choices.|
|27||For pity's sake, someone stop Milo from posting.|
|19||Virgin Mary Statue |
|55||David "Avocado" Wolfe on solar panels: "Do you think draining the sun is a good idea?"|
|56||Mike Adams goes off the deep end: claims the CDC, FDA, USDA and EPA are run by "dark, demonic souls occupying human bodies."(redirect)|
|-20||The Telegraph wades into Brexit waters.|
|4||A heady blend of what is this I don't even.|
|42||Kebab-aric behaviour: Ultranationalist party Britain First has released a video of them staging an "invasion" of a halal slaughterhouse, accusing workers of funding terrorism and offering the meat to "Satan".|
|18||Barbara Lee, the lone Congressperson to vote against the war authorization in 2001, now criticizes Congress for not re-authorizing the war resolution she voted against.|
 Egregious sources
List all your favorite small-time local blogiots main addresses, etc., here.
- Logan's Warning is one hell of a paranoid, bigoted, anti Muslim Blog! According to the person who runs it, no Muslim can be trusted and all Muslims are out to turn every non Muslim society on earth into a theocracy. He has even stated on multiple occasions that the constitution itself needs to be changed to stop Islam and Islam is not a religion. He also has no problem with pitting Christians against Muslims and gets angry at and insults any Christian who attempts interfaith dialog. He also believes that united States constitution aids Muslims in their take over of America.
- Denyse O'Leary, who runs multiple IDiot blogs and cross-links them to pretend it's a movement.
- No Shoes or Shirt Required is written by a Southern-fried little hate monger with a (virtual) hard-on for "Darwinists" and Homosexuals. Specializing in simple lies for simple people, quote mining, and hate speech disguised as God's love, this blog is sponsored by the online version of a Norfolk, Virginia local paper, because they like to broadcast their bigotry down in the Bible Belt.
- Five Feet of Fury, a Canadian hard right blog, run by an unemployed woman who thinks hoaxing Jews by claiming to be a Holocaust victim is hilarious. But hey, she doesn't think the Nazis were really responsible either, so how stable can she be?
- Rachel Marsden--"The Canadian Anne Coulter" A conservative commentator who tried to discredit the women's movment, only not in the way you might think.
- Small Dead Animals, allegedly "the best Canadian blog" (2007) another unpleasant Canadian woman .
Mesopotamia West, run by a 67-year-old Conservative who gets off on his own poor smut and really doesn't like people from other countries.– No longer active
- Answers in Genesis' own journal, Answers Research Journal
- A lovely Australian biologist, Christian, and creationist.
- Shock and Blog, the ramblings of a part-time anti-semite, one-time CP sysop, full-time moron called Jinxmchue. WARNING: Direct links to "Shock and Blog" from RationalWiki are redirected to goatse. Please format all links to Jinx's blogs like the link in this entry to circumvent this.
- The REAL Jesusland, loony Christian-related stuff from (Oh no! Not again!) Jinxmchue. WARNING: Direct links to "The REAL Jesusland" from RationalWiki are redirected to goatse. Please format all links to Jinx's blogs like the link in this entry to circumvent this.
- Coast-to-coast-am's news ticker could practically just be copied here.
- Complementary and Alternative Medicine (CAM) Encyclopedia - just hit "random page"...
- GrasstopUSA - Whilst sometime their guest commentator is good their "exclusive commentary" by Don Feder (who?) is always prime quality clogo. While you are there don't forget to ask Chris to send your "50 Blast Fax" for $50 (they use to be $20 InstaFaxes) you just need a major credit card.
- American Family Association Action Alerts - these are always stupid, but sometime they out class themselves in demanding apologies for trivialities. Be sure to send your personal outrage in the form of a form letter (at least they don't charge you).
- Creation Science Evangelism While America's favorite tax fraudfeasor is serving time in federal prison, his idiot spawn has taken over his blog.
- Science and Math Defeated
- The American View: Originally set up as a part of Michael Peroutka's 2004 presidential campaign, now effectively the personal bullhorn of a hyper-Calvinist crank named John Lofton, who gets a sub sandwich for $6.66 and concludes that the end of the world is at hand. 
- James Edwards: The Rise of Ethnopolitics — "Conservatism is dead. Liberalism has no answers. What comes next? The rise of ethnopolitics."
- Cao's (pronounced Key's) blog - A right-wing, pro-military, al-Qaida conspiracy theorist, married woman. Has been used by Ken for source material.
- WomanTalk -Sharon Hughes and friends (i.e. right wing fundies)
- Ladies Against Feminism: Housewives who somehow find time off from their busy schedule of skivvy duty to rant on the website about how "Christ is the head of the man and man is the head of the woman" and emphasize that "Biblical womanhood is not a 'white thing.'"
- David Klinghoffer's blog is bound to have an anti-Darwinist screed on it.
- Save the Males - Rantings about Zionists, Illuminati and feminist.
- Atheism is Dead — an anti-atheism blog featured on the front page of Conservapedia on August 8, 2009. No longer active, replaced by:
- Dancing from Genesis - YEC blog that has really, really long entry titles.
- Seriously Pissed - Long-winded rantings of a very angry old white man.
- American Thinker - Extreme right-wing Christian "news" site/blog. Very popular. Consists mostly of global warming denial, evolution denial, attempts to blame atheism and Obama for all that is evil, birther craziness, incoherent insults, and racism.
- Vox Popoli - the home of Theodore Beale, when he isn't spouting his bile on WND.
- Angry White Dude - Whiny, racist conservative blog run by some err... angry white dude. Entries read like Encyclopedia Dramatica articles and are barely comprehensible in between all the swearing and bitching.
- Commie Blaster - "Proof Obama is a Communist, Marxist, Socialist, Maoist, Progressive, Islamic Terrorist." Says it all.
- Louisiana Conservative - An insane chaotic mess of a far right site.
- Food Freedom blog - diet woo, Big Ag conspiracy theories, hysterical anti-GMO and anti-biotechnology agenda.
- ENENews - for all your anti-nuclear fear mongering needs.
- Jay L. Wile - Proslogian, a wingnut chemist who has made a fortune selling books to homeschoolers (I can't imagine why he's a creationist). Requires thorough debunking.
- The Right Stuff - White nationalist neoreactionary website espousing various forms of bigotry in a pseudo-intellectual style. Prolonged browsing may give the sane reader a strong urge to punch a wall. They attack both sane modern liberalism and genuine moonbattery at the same time, resulting in some stopped clock material, but it's mixed so homogeneously with the wingnuttery that it's not worth it. Apparently, they also dislike many other neoractionaries such as Mencius Moldbug for not being antisemitic enough.
- Return of Kings - a particularly vile manosphere blog run by RooshV, though there are other writers. It's filled to the brim with Red Pill nuttery.