“”"The pencil riot 9/11."
Rudolph "A noun, a verb, and 9/11" Giuliani is a former mayor of New York City, and was one of the
leading near-last place more hopeless Republican candidates in the 2008 U.S. Presidential Election.
 Why he should never be president
This may be contrasted with Benjamin Franklin's famous quote:
“”"They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety."
 2008 Election
His strategy for the election was to do nothing until Florida voted and to continually mention how great he was during the crisis of 9/11. Unfortunately, that didn't work all that well. In fact, it ended up with Giuliani becoming one of the first candidates to drop from the race, which he did on January 30, 2008. Moral: Don't ignore Iowa, New Hampshire, Nevada, Wyoming, and South Carolina, even if they are "small."
After dropping out, Giuliani supported McCain, possibly to try and get picked for the Vice-Presidency, which didn't happen. Later, in a feeble attempt to compensate after a failed try for both President and Vice-President, Giuliani and another also-ran for the 2008 Republican Presidential candidacy decided to make trouble at the 2008 Democratic National Convention by creating an on-site "war room" to try and get media coverage by spewing their skewed nonsense about the Obama campaign. Like his bid for Presidency and Vice-Presidency, this was a laughable failure.
 Political views
 Sheer idiocy
Giuliani never gives up, evidenced by the fact that it is still possible to contribute to his 2008 primary bid.
It remains possible as of August 5, 2010. As of May 12, 2011, it seems that his primary bid website is finally offline, in the sense of "the server's still there but empty of content."
 See also
- A young and beautiful woman singing how she has a crush on Giuliani... or not really
- ↑ Biden: Rudy's Sentences Consist Of "A Noun, A Verb, And 9/11" - The Huffington Post
- ↑ What New Yorkers know about Rudy Giuliani that Coloradans should
- ↑ New York Times transcript of speech
- ↑ Memoirs of the life and writings of Benjamin Franklin
- ↑ http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/americas/7206298.stm
- ↑ Well, it's been 30 years.
- ↑ Wikiquote: "I’m pro-choice. I’m pro-gay rights."
- ↑ Oops! A rudie is a "rude boy", Jamaican and British slang for young Jamacians who are stereotyped as irresponsible hoodlums. "Rudie Can't Fail" is a punk-reggae song celebrating said irresponsible living.
- ↑ https://www.joinrudy2008.com/contribute/
|United States 2008 Presidential election articles on RationalWiki|
| Topics: 2008 U.S. Presidential Election - Democratic Party - Debate:Religious beliefs and public office - Republican Party - Same-sex marriage - United States Electoral College
Candidates: Hillary Rodham Clinton - Rudolph Giuliani - Mike Huckabee - John McCain - Alan Keyes - Dennis Kucinich - Ron Paul - Mitt Romney
Running mates: Joe Biden - Sarah Palin
Winner: Barack Obama