|One of the|
|And a dirty dozen more|
“”Watching Hannity talk to Ingraham is like watching state TV in a banana republic — but with great production values.
|—Prof. Tom Nichols|
Basically, you know that loud "happy drunk" type on the barstool next to you who's mostly fun when the game is on, but then tends to spout vaguely racist gibberish when the TV is off? That one who's fun to drink with but you're pretty certain has the IQ of a brick? Well, imagine giving him a television and radio show where he goes point-counterpoint against, and gets to talk over, uninteresting comedian Alan Colmes. In 2009 Colmes was dropped from the Hannity and Colmes show and now Hannity has the floor to himself. Now it is titled simply Hannity, and he can spout his non-stop drivel without having an annoying leftie commie to keep him in check.
Hannity occasionally substituted on WABC for fellow literal-super-heavyweight motormouth Rush Limbaugh doing a few stints as his guest host around the same time he started with Fox News. He was also responsible for inflicting neo-Nazi shitstirrer Hal Turner on the world.
Hannity is on record as having spent more than an hour praising the United States of America as "The greatest, best, most free country on God's earth, ever." Fareed Zakaria wore a slightly desperate grin throughout. He also has a rather bizarre definition of the word "peace" that appears to have sod-all to do with any acceptable definition on the Internet. Whereas even the usually unreliable Wikipedia calls it "an absence of hostility," Hannity basically likes to think peace means "blowing the shit out of dirty foreigners."
Hannity worked hard in support of the decrees of God-King Dubya, sure the GOP would be in power forever. Until they weren't. His intense man-crush on Vladimir Putin is way beyond merely strange.
Scamming via veteran's "charity"
The Freedom Alliance charity, which claims to raise money for wounded soldiers and survivors of fallen ones, was exposed in early 2010 by hardcore right-wing Ann Coulter wannabe Debbie Schlussel as only using three percent of its proceeds for the stated purpose. Stopped clock? David Frum, however, disagreed with her analysis.
Hannity apparently insists on being flown around in a private jet, and having access to a fleet of luxury vehicles for himself and his family on the ground.
- First ever winner in history of the official "Worst Newscaster of FOX" award. Proceeds to celebrate on Twitter.
- Use of the word "hate" in a single show: 16,535.
- Career usage of the word "hate": 3.226x1027.
"Ode to Sean Hannity"
The Ode to Sean Hannity is a poem written by John Cleese of Monty Python fame. The poem is an addendum of sorts to the pwning of Hannity at the hands of Obama campaign spokesman Robert Gibbs on the special edition of Hannity & Colmes following the second Presidential debate of 2008. The poem was submitted to Keith Olbermann and read as part of the #1 story on the October 8, 2008 broadcast of Countdown with Keith Olbermann:
- An Ode to Sean Hannity
- Aping urbanity
- Oozing with vanity
- Plump as a manatee
- Faking humanity
- Journalistic calamity
- Intellectual inanity
- Fox Noise insanity
- You’re a profanity
Sean Hannity — not a doctor himself — seems to have diagnosed Hillary Clinton as an epilectic, or at least given to „having seizures“ based on two instances of taking a sip of water, causing coughing, one instance of tripping boarding a plane and a playful bobbing of her head in response to a number of not so serious questions which she then joked about herself. Let's be grateful he's not a qualified doctor — well, acquiring that degree is probably beyond his talents.
- Trump vs. Clinton ft. Blondie
- "You just contradicted me, you hate America!"
- If he's going to keep calling Michelle Obama fat, he's fair game for this.
- Hannity "fan boys"
- War against President Obama (funny how that's been removed!)
- Hannity's America (funny– that's been removed too!)
- Bill Moyerss' Contemporary America (Hannity hasn't gotten to NPR yet.)
- You Tube - Check Out Hannity's Definition Of Peace
- "Sean Hannity Hypocrisy, Changes Opinion on NSA Surveillance" The Rubin Report
- "Sean Hannity has one job: to keep people who were wrong about everything for the last 20 years thinking they've been right about everything."
- Poor, Humiliated Sean Hannity, Dispatches from the Culture Wars
- Schlussel's write-up of Hannity's charity shenanigans. This story had originally been broken three years earlier (2007) by the Daily Kos, but they are liberal commies out to smear a great man by asking questions no rich white conservative should ever have to answer.
- Newshounds reports on the poem.