Shelly the Republican
|Someone is wrong on|
STR † THE FREEDOM BLOG was an evil and malicious attack on our traditional definition of right wing extremism. This blog, attributed to "Shelly Goodman", bashed everything from Barack Obama to My Little Pony. It had categories devoted to exposing the evil homosexual communist interracial marriage terrorist plot known as Linux, aiding the Westboro Baptist Church's campaign against the evils of Canucks, crimes of the Democ-Rats, atheism, and even a category for freaks in general as well as more categories which did not always contain posts related to said category.
The blog also maintained “God's Hitlist”, which was a compilation of “enemies of the homeland”, wrong choices, bands they hate, books you should never read and anything that generally pisses of our lord and Savior enough to make him want to dump us in a lake of fire for all eternity. They even added libtards who defiled their site with their sickly comments to this list. When someone on the list either died or converted, they crossed it off and declare “god won”.
 Poe's Law
The posts, more than anything appeared to be aimed at angering the reader, which, among other things about the site, suggest Poe's Law. Some interesting discussions regarding the authenticity of Shelly popped up on some atheist forums about the possibility of this site being a Poe.
Another clue from the site itself was a 2010 post on the Iceweasel web browser, a re-branded Firefox maintained by the Debian project, as part of their anti open-source campaign. They claimed to find a “humping weasel mosaic” in the browser discovered by “scripture trained” IT professionals. This appeared too absurd to be anything but a parody post.
- ↑ http://www.shelleytherepublican.com/contact
- ↑ http://web.archive.org/web/20100901160111/http://www.shelleytherepublican.com/category/linux
- ↑ http://www.shelleytherepublican.com/category/outside-america/canada
- ↑ http://www.shelleytherepublican.com/category/crime/democrat-crimes-against-america
- ↑ http://www.shelleytherepublican.com/category/false-religions/atheism
- ↑ http://www.shelleytherepublican.com/category/freaks
- ↑ http://www.shelleytherepublican.com/blacklist
- ↑ http://www.patheos.com/blogs/friendlyatheist/2006/11/28/shelley-the-republican/
- ↑ http://www.shelleytherepublican.com/2010/04/27/iceweasel-alert-humping-weasel-porn.aspx