“”He's the sort of guy who, if you told him to go fuck himself, would give it a shot.
|—Frankie Boyle, Mock The Week|
Silvio Berlusconi is an Italian media magnate, politician, and career criminal, serving as the country's Prime Minister three times (Why? No one knows!). He's once again been kicked out on November 12th, 2011; let's hope it sticks this time. With all the blundering and corruption that he's accused of — his "controversies" article at Wikipedia is a mile long — he's been a very busy man.
 Political technique
According to Alexander Stille, Berlusconi's political bad habits include elaborating a public image of himself as an idealized Italian everyman, absurd because of extreme wealth and self-indulgent personal life, and projecting his own wrongdoing onto others, such as by complaining that his enemies enjoy a "media monopoly," neglecting to mention that he has control over much of the Italian media and has according to some all but killed press freedom in the country. David Lane's book highlights, among other Berlusconiisms, acquiescence to organized crime, official corruption and a willingness to use the authority of the state to soften restrictions on corporate wrongdoing.
 Berlusconi demonstrates his "technique"
Ok, so that's actually from a low-budget German comedy film entitled Bye Bye Berlusconi made in 2006. After all, the strange thing isn't that people were shocked that Berlusconi did that so much as the fact that they weren't shocked at all and just thought it was him being himself. And of course, why do you need to satirise Berlusconi when he happily does it himself every other day?
 Top quotes
When Uncyclopedia doesn't have to make stuff up to make you look batshit crazy, perhaps it's saying something. Here's a choice selection of Berlusconi quotes;
“”As always, I work without interruption and if occasionally I happen to look a beautiful girl in the face, it's better to like beautiful girls than to be gay.
|—To a meeting of the motorcycle industry in Milan.|
“”They should see it like a weekend of camping.
|—On earthquake victims who were living in tents after their homes had been destroyed.|
“”...handsome, young and also suntanned...
|—On Barack Obama, forfucksake.|
“”I had to use all my playboy tactics, even if they have not been used for some time.
|—Trying to convince Finland not to host the European Food Safety Authority|
“”I'm the most persecuted man in history.
|—Oh really, Silvio. We thought you were just plain nuts|
 See also
- Boris Johnson - because every country needs one.
- Dan Quayle - no, really, every country needs one.
- Stephen Harper - just without the sexual tendencies.
- Vladimir Zhirinovsky - seriously, they're frigging everywhere.
- Brooker on Berlusconi
- What Merkozy thinks of him
- His greatest hits
- For all you MRA's out there, *ahem*:   
- David Lane. 2004. Berlusconi's Shadow: Crime, Justice and the Pursuit of Power. Penguin.
- Alexender Stille. 2006, 2007. The Sack of Rome: Media + Money + Celebrity = Power = Silvio Berlusconi. Penguin. pp. 14-15, 20-23.
- ↑ NBC News: Italy court sentences ex-premier Berlusconi to 4 years in prison 26 October 2012
- ↑ The Grauniad: Silvio Berlusconi's tax fraud conviction upheld on first appeal 8 May 2013
- ↑ Wonkette.com - Silvio Berlusconi Did Not Hump That Particular Traffic Cop
- ↑ USA Today: Berlusconi's new flap - 'Better to like beautiful girls than to be gay' November 2, 2010
- ↑ The Guardian: Berlusconi - Italy earthquake victims should view experience as camping weekend April 8, 2009
- ↑ The Telegraph: Silvio Berlusconi hails 'handsome and suntanned' Barack Obama November 6, 2008
- ↑ 
- ↑ BBC News: Berlusconi 'most persecuted man' October 9, 2009