|The divine comedy|
“”The purpose of TRACS is to promote the welfare, interests, and development of quality Christian postsecondary institutions whose mission is distinctly Christian, and is undergirded by a belief in biblical inerrancy, biblical authority and the historicity of the first eleven chapters of Genesis, including special creation.
|—from the Introduction to TRACS' policies and procedures|
Transnational Association of Christian Colleges and Schools (TRACS) is an accrediting body approved by the United States Department of Education to accredit Christian higher education institutions. TRACS was created by the Institute for Creation Research (ICR) as a creationist accreditation organization, by ICR members including Henry M. Morris, the founder of modern Young Earth Creationism. Once TRACS was approved to accredit fundie schools, they accredited the ICR graduate school. This could be seen as a conflict of interest as Henry M. Morris was a chairmen for both the ICR (Graduate School) and TRACS itself which would imply that TRACS completely disregarded its own standards to make the ICR Graduate School look legit. 
TRACS publishes guides for Christian colleges and universities seeking accreditation. In order to be accredited by TRACS, candidate institutions are required to establish a "Biblical Foundations Statement" reflecting the institution's evangelical beliefs. TRACS claim to evaluate educational standards as well as "Christian values".
Possession of a degree from a TRACS-accredited institution does not necessarily imply that the degree is worth something. In 2014, four students from the Apex School of Theology sued the school for "misrepresentations, concealments and unfair and deceptive business practices with respect to its actual and implied accreditation status" because Apex possesses accreditation only from TRACS, and as such is not recognized anywhere as the equivalent of regional accreditation for professional licensure.
- ↑ TRACS Policies and Procedures manual, page iii. tracs.org. Retrieved on 14 September 2015.
- ↑ Henry M. Morris, The ICR Graduates. Acts & Facts. 32 (9), 2003. Retrieved on 13 September 2015.
- ↑ TRACS Publications. tracs.org. Retrieved on 11 September 2015.
- ↑ TRACS 2015 Accreditation Manual. tracs.org. Retrieved on 11 September 2015.
- ↑ Jennifer Abel. Students beware: make sure your school has regional accreditation. consumeraffairs.com. 26 June 2014. Retrieved on 16 September 2015.
- ↑ Students Accuse Theology School of Deceit. courthousenews.com. 25 June 2014. Retrieved on 16 September 2015.
- ↑ TRACS Members. tracs.org. Retrieved on 11 September 2015.
|Institute for Creation Research—the original creationist organisation:|
|Alpha-Omega Institute - Andrew Snelling - Brian Thomas - Danny Faulkner - David A. DeWitt - Duane Gish - Henry M. Morris - Institute for Creation Research - Jason Lisle - Jeffrey Tomkins - Jerry Bergman - John D. Morris - Lawrence Ford - Lists of creationist scientists - Nathaniel Jeanson - RATE - Russell Humphreys - San Diego Christian College - Timothy LaHaye - Your Origins Matter|