Talk:Moon landing hoax
 Cover! (sticky)
- Contains a wealth of info and is about a fairly well-recognised conspiracy theory. Needs a bit of copy-editing. Nullahnung (talk) 00:24, 16 May 2014 (UTC)
- Key question: in what ways do we outdo the Wikipedia article on the subject? Do we cover everything useful that they do? What can we do that they can't? - David Gerard (talk) 15:10, 16 May 2014 (UTC)
I'm going to expand the article and create and expand its supporting articles (e.g. the major conspiracists) in the next few days. A few things I'd like to get feedback on:
- Should the bit about the prevalence be expanded? In general, I think that one should make a difference between "casual" believers, conspiracy junkies and the "researchers" who start various conspiracy memes.
- Also, should there be coverage of the history of hoax claims?
- Do things like Capricorn One and Alternative 3' warrant a mention? If yes, where?
- Yes, yes and yes. For these purposes, our unique selling point over WP is that we can include opinions and less-than-Wikipedia-quality sources - David Gerard (talk) 15:12, 17 May 2014 (UTC)
- I haven't forgotten about this, I just have had little free time. :( --ZooGuard (talk) 13:58, 20 May 2014 (UTC)
 The joke sections
Any idea what to do with "Moon landing" and "Moon landing hoax hoax", including their footnotes? The Occam's Razor footnote is a bit of a non-sequitur. Should they have some kind of better indication that this is humor/sarcasm? Template:Lie? Also note that a few people do believe that the hoax accusations have been started by the US government as a disinformation campaign.--ZooGuard (talk) 16:21, 16 May 2014 (UTC)
- Anyone? I'm tempted to feed them to the crows.--ZooGuard (talk) 14:37, 17 May 2014 (UTC)
 The question is
Why go to all that trouble when it would be much simpler to set the criteria for 'landing safe, land at captain's call, unsafe to land - go round the moon and get photographs etc' somewhat more rigorously than necessary ('and we will land a man on the moon on the 10th anniversary of JFK's announcement'). NASA would face only mild flak for 'admitting we were far too cautious - but subsequent parts of the moon program were much safer' )and there would be far fewer possibilities for 'the inconsistency that unravels it all'/'somebody collecting information to sell to the papers to pay for their retirement' etc. 188.8.131.52 (talk) 15:44, 21 July 2014 (UTC)
 Mars landing hoax
Should this have a subsection here or a page of its own?
 nVidia debunks lighting problem
 "Tito did it"
I would not say that "Tito did it", but there is always some truth in it... Fact is that Croatian scientists worked on the Apollo 11 module. Secondly von Braun was indeed reading Potocnik's book. I do not know what is the source of this document, but it obviously existed at least something which was called "Spaceflight cargo from Yugoslavia shiftmen logistics Codename 1182/S" http://shrani.si/f/40/6J/DW5oD0f/cargo1.jpg http://shrani.si/f/3Y/10O/qJXxtDR/cargo2.jpg— Unsigned, by: 184.108.40.206 / talk / contribs
- I've got to say that I don't find those those two grainy pics evidence of anything at all. And I have no idea by what you mean when you write "but there is always some truth in it". What on is this supposed to mean?--Bob"I think you'll find it's more complicated than that." 11:53, 21 December 2014 (UTC)