We are 100% user-supported!
Without you, there is no RationalWiki!
|Goal: $5000||Donations so far: $2750|
Help and donate today!
|A guide to|
|God Save the Queen?|
The United Kingdom's Terrorism Acts passed in 2000, 2005 and 2006 make it an offence to, among other things, be in possession of materials likely to be useful to terrorists, and authorises the government or its agents to do pretty much what they like, if they believe they're protecting the people of the U.K. from terrorists.
 Successful actions under the Terrorism Acts
- Arresting a heckler[wp] at a party conference.
- Seizing the assets of several failed Icelandic banks.
- Arresting someone for walking on a cycle path.
- Stopping an environmental activist from leaving the country.
- Taking photographs of a disused flyover.
- Local councils have used legislation to spy on suspected litterers, to investigate a man suspected of working while receiving disability benefits, and to ensure that dog owners clean up after their pets.
Doesn't that make you feel safe?