As moderator I will:
- be totally awesome
- drop a fucking bridge on the usual HCM merchants if they try it. I don't have time for people who like putting coals on the fire, either. Some people like stoking the arguments for their own amusement; everyone else likes using RW to fight crapthink and/or hang out with their netmates.
- serve tea and cake.
- allow everyone involved in a dispute to have their say.
- affect the direction and/or strength of the relation between dependent and independent variables.
Sorry if this makes me sound like an authoritarian, but having moderated various forums, groups and boards over the years, I feel that the best online communities are those from which trolls and griefers are excluded. Go and whine pathetically on RWW or ED if you don't like it.
 As moderator I will not:
- get pissed and throw my weight around.
- pick favourites in disputes. If someone's being a twat, it doesn't matter if they're someone I like. Picking sides makes you part of the problem.
- shoot first and ask questions later.
- reduce the velocity of fast neutrons. I may, however, reverse the polarity of the neutron flow if called upon to do so.
 Vision thing
My vision for RationalWiki is that it should remain not an encyclopedia. That's what Wikipedia is for. WP does a good job but it shouldn't be the last port of call for information - rather, it outlines the topic and then offers links and references for further research. It is, however,incredibly dry and tedious. RW is more fun to read, and should really be the TV Tropes of critical thinking - fun, useful, intriguing and addictive as crack-flavour pringles.