Way of the Master
|Moments of Hilarity|
The Way of the Master (WOTM) is an evangelical Christian ministry based in the United States. Their headquarters is located in Bellflower, California. Formed in 2002 by former child actor Kirk Cameron, author Ray Comfort, and radio host Todd Friel, the ministry produces Christian based television shows, books, pamphlets and tracts. It also provides online services and Bible evangelical classes. The logo of the ministry incorporates the letters, WDJD, standing for "What Did Jesus Do?"
The Way of the Master includes a Christian television show hosted by Cameron and Comfort. They produce thirteen episodes a season, and thus far have made it to Season 4. The website Atheism Wiki has critical reviews of most of the shows in these 4 Seasons, more are being written. See below
The Way of the Master Radio, WOTMR, was a syndicated two-hour, daily radio show hosted by former stand-up comedian Todd Friel. The show ran from January 2006 until November 2008, when it was renamed Wretched Radio, broadcast through FamilyNet.
 The Masterful approach
There are a wide range of variations but the basic evangelistic approach is:-
- Have you ever lied, admit it?
- Have you ever stolen, admit it?
- Have you ever blasphemed, admit it?
- Have you ever looked at the opposite sex with lust, admit it?
- You have done some of the above at least, you’ve admitted it.
- If God judges you by the Ten Commandments you’ll go to hell.
- But god did something wonderful for you, he sent Jesus to die on the cross.
- So repent, turn to Jesus
and buy religious material that Ray Comfort supplies.
- If you don't repent etc god will stop doing wonderful things for you and send you to hell instead.
- Why would a loving God make us so we all cannot stop ourselves sinning and send most of us to hell for what we cannot prevent?
- Why would Jesus need to die on the cross? Since God supposedly made us imperfect we are not at fault for our imperfections.
 Living Waters Publications
Living Waters Publications (LWP) acts as an online store for WOTM.
Their fact-checking department appears understaffed. For example, LWP has published tracts featuring a quote from a Dr. T. N. Tahmisian of the Atomic Energy Commission:
"Scientists who go about teaching that evolution is a fact of life are great con-men, and the story they are telling may be the greatest hoax ever."
Not only is the opinion of a single nuclear scientist of questionable relevance, Dr. T. N. Tahmisian does not appear to be a real person. 
 Key Members
 Tony "Law Man" Miano
He uses the "fishing" approach as well. Lawman worked for 20 years as a deputy in the LA County Sheriff's Department with the latter part of that career as a chaplain to the law enforcement community. He's also one of their instructors, heading the evangelism training conducted by Way of the Master through their "Ambassadors Academies".
 Emeal "EZ" Zwayne
EZ is the General Manager of Way of the Master / Living Waters ministries. He's the force behind the commercialization of LWP.
 Trisha Ramos
Trish is a pawn of "wretched" radio, most of her videos are just applications of the good person test via fishing for marks and other similarly flawed methods of evangelism, while pushing the various products that living waters ministries produces.
 Debate with Rational Response Squad
On May 5, 2007, Rational Response Squad (RRS) co-founder Brian Sapient and RRS member Kelly O'Connor participated in a live debate aired on Nightline with Ray Comfort and Kirk Cameron. Comfort and Cameron claimed they were able to show the existence of their god without the use of the Bible and faith. (Spoiler: that did not happen)
 External Links
- Critical Reviews of Videos in WOTM
- The Cynic Way of the Master There is a very funny set of cartoons here.
- The Way of the Master is a Christian S&M and banana-fetishist club led by Ray Comfort and Kirk Cameron. Naughty Take
- The Way of the Master From Iron Chariots Wiki
- Ray Comfort's Site
- Anti-way of the master promo This video calls WOTM a money making scam, would you have guessed that?