|Christ died so we could write articles on|
William (Bill) A. Donohue (born July 18, 1947) is the rabid, hate-filled president of the Catholic League for Religious and Civil Rights. His rhetoric lies somewhere between Pat Robertson and Fred Phelps on the insanity-and-homophobia scale.
Donohue opposed a bill which would have required clergy to report suspected child abuse. Instead, he wanted to see consensual sex between teenagers included as child abuse. Donohue claimed that there is no "paedophilia crisis" in the Roman Catholic Church, but that there are too many gay people in the priesthood. He also has said: "Hollywood is controlled by secular Jews who hate Christianity."
 Charlie Hebdo
In January, 2015, after an attack by Islamic extremists on the French satire magazine Charlie Hebdo resulted in the deaths of 12 people, Bill Donohue engaged in his usual amounts of insanity and blamed the attack on the victims' supposed "provocation" of Muslims. In an article he published on the Catholic League's website, he engaged in character assassination of Charlie Hebdo's editors effectively justifying the attack that killed them. So while Donahue condemned the attack itself, he essentially said that the Hebdo employees had it coming.
 See also
- ↑ Catholic Church's issue is homosexuality, not pedophilia, Washington Post
- ↑ http://www.nbcnews.com/id/6685898/ns/msnbc-about_msnbc_tv/t/scarborough-country-dec/
- ↑ http://www.nytimes.com/2009/05/15/nyregion/15donohue.html?_r=0
- ↑ Catholic League Leader Rakes In Large Salary Despite Small Role
- ↑ JimRomenesko.com: Bashing the media pays off for conservative Catholic League boss Bill Donohue
- ↑ Muslims are right to be angry, a hitjob piece by Bill Donohue
- ↑ http://www.washingtonpost.com/blogs/worldviews/wp/2015/01/07/after-charlie-hebdo-attack-u-s-catholic-group-says-cartoonists-provoked-slaughter/ After Charlie Hebdo attack, U.S. Catholic group says cartoonists ‘provoked’ slaughter]