Youth for Western Civilization is a "right-wing youth movement" founded in 2006 that aims to form chapters on college campuses and organize students for the purpose of
giving them smelly Mexicans the boot returning America to that golden age before all those stinking multiculturalists decided to infiltrate all levels of society. Its stated intentions are to "educate, organize and train activists on campuses across the nation to create a culture that will promote the survival of Western Civilization and pride in Western heritage." One of their heroes is the noted xenophobe Tom Tancredo, former Republican Congresscritter from Colorado.
These racists made their debut at the CPAC on February 26, 2009. Since then, at least one chapter of their organization has been suspended from its campus (at Towson University) for advertising with the slogan "white pride."
The organization positions itself as a defender of values it believes are under attack. Claiming to stand for "Western history, identity, high culture, and pride and opposition to radical multiculturalism, political correctness, racial preferences, mass immigration, and socialism," it is able to portray itself and its members as noble defenders, as opposed to the prima facie conclusion that they are simply advocates and recruiters for a particularly nasty brand of xenophobic conservatism. This clever psychological tactic is often used by similar groups such as the modern Ku Klux Klan.
YWC claims that university education in the United States has been thoroughly corrupted by claims that important historical discoveries and/or events took place outside a select group of European countries. Thus, they advocate for local groups to petition their institutions to remove courses focusing on non-Western-European history from the curriculum.
Members of the YWC appear to believe that "Western heritage" is under attack, a relatively common belief in an age when political correctness is the norm and the unipolar world is shifting dramatically. As with most in the conservative revival movement, they lay much of the blame for these attacks on "leftists." Universities being considered the keystone of left-wing nonsense, groups such as the YWC intend to provide "a healthy alternative to a poisonous and bigoted left wing campus climate."
While much of their discourse appears at first sight to be relatively benign, a close reading of the postings on their official blog ("The Hammer") indicates troubling views on race. Examples:
- Pointing out supposed examples of "left-wing racism" — an application of the tu quoque fallacy, some might say:
- Promoting a talk by Larry Pratt, a man who has been identified as having spoken at neo-Nazi gatherings (although why neo-Nazis would let a man with a Central American wife near their meetings remains a mystery).
- Ranting against "uneducated, unskilled ILLEGAL immigrants" who "will vote Mexico-First".
- Criticizing a Dutch politician for saying that the Dutch should take pride in the country's Muslim population. 
- They are also not very fond of global capitalism, as they state that "Conservatives need to stop being reactionary" and realize that Wal-Mart contributes to the "destruction of small businesses and cohesive communities that provide the impeteus [sic] to any true right wing movement."
 Prominent members
According to the Southern Poverty Law Center, the founding members of YWC have had ties to white nationalist organizations in the past. In 2005, co-founder Kevin DeAnna, who is the registered contact-person for the group's domain name, proclaimed in a blog comment that "all Christians, and white Christians in particular, don't owe any deference to the self-defined racial separatist customs of other people." He also complained that Kwanzaa was "designed to lead black Americans from traditional Christian holidays like Christmas and replace [Christianity] with paganism;" subsequently he broke an irony meter when, having apparently listened to a little too much heavy-metal music, he converted to Asatru.
In another amazing display of irony, the half-Jewish, half-Korean Marcus Epstein (who at one point claimed to be a co-founder of the group but now denies that he was), has written a series of anti-immigrant screeds on the white nationalist website VDARE.com. Epstein is also the head of the Robert Taft Club (a conservative Washington club and brainchild of Patrick Buchanan), and has a history of inviting some dubious characters to speak; for instance, in 2007, he hosted a talk by members of the Belgian political party Vlaams Belang to speak about their advocacy of a blanket ban on Muslim immigration into Europe. Also at Epstein's behest, Jared Taylor, proud advocate of purging the mud races and editor of the white supremacist journal American Renaissance, was featured in a 2006 Taft Club debate on "Race and Conservatism."
In 2007, a drunken Epstein was apprehended by the Secret Service after hurling punches and racial epithets at a passing black woman. 
On July 7, 2007, at approximately 7:15 p.m. at Jefferson and M Street, Northwest, in Washington, D.C., defendant was walking down the street making offensive remakrs when he encountered the complainant, Ms. [REDACTED], who is African-American. The defendant uttered, "Nigger," as he delivered a karate chop to Ms. [REDACTED]'s head.
He was charged with a hate crime, but cut a deal and was only convicted of simple assault. In addition to facing a possible six months in jail, the court ruled that Epstein must donate $1000 to the United Negro College Fund.
 See also
- ↑ Kevin DeAnna
- ↑ 2.0 2.1 2.2 http://www.westernyouth.org/About/index.htm
- ↑ Who they describe as a "moderate former Congressman"
- ↑ 4.0 4.1 4.2 http://www.splcenter.org/blog/2009/02/26/white-nationalist-linked-right-wing-youth-group-debuts-at-cpac/
- ↑ http://www.commondreams.org/further/2009/03/02-1
- ↑ "Campus Conservative Group Disbanded Over ‘White Pride’ Graffiti", ThinkProgress
- ↑ http://www.newsweek.com/id/195085/
- ↑ Seriously. See their Facebook page.
- ↑ "Left-Wing Tolerance: Jews, Whites Need Not Apply for Labour Party"
- ↑ "Racial Preference Case Reaches Supreme Court"
- ↑ http://youthforwesterncivilization.blogspot.com/2009/03/larry-pratt-at-american-university.html
- ↑ Larry Pratt's Wikipedia article.
- ↑ http://youthforwesterncivilization.blogspot.com/2009/04/obama-to-push-for-amnesty.html
- ↑ http://youthforwesterncivilization.blogspot.com/2009/03/islamization-source-of-national-pride.html
- ↑ "Wal-Mart Promotes Hispanic Separatism"
- ↑ http://yafwatch.blogspot.com/2007/07/yafs-anti-african-american-ideology_26.html
- ↑ http://www.vdare.com/epstein/index.htm
- ↑ http://www.splcenter.org/blog/2007/10/08/extremist-group-announces-speech-by-congressman/
- ↑ http://web.archive.org/web/20080124004346/http://www.amren.com/media/Race-Cons/Race-Cons.htm
- ↑ http://dc.indymedia.org/newswire/display/146405/index.php
- ↑ http://dc.indymedia.org/newswire/display/146405/index.php