| Smash the State|
|It's not anarchy|
|I'm not a fascist, I like...|
|Actually fascism is cool|
Anarcho-monarchism is an ideology presented as a form of anarchism but with a monarch. No real political parties believe in this, so it's basically a thought experiment which became a meme. It is also easy to dismiss as complete idiocy since monarchs and anarchism are mutually exclusive. Proponents claim this is addressed with a form of voluntaryism.
Anarcho-monarchism competes with anarcho-capitalism and anarcho-fascism for the attention of the reactionary crowd. The core is a type of ancapistan with a monarch rather than corporate feudalism. The ideology is anti-democracy and anti-egalitarian and includes a ruler with absolute unchecked power.
It is widely believed to have originated as the personal ideology of Lord of the Rings author J. R. R. Tolkien. Described in a letter to his son Christopher. Tolkien's politics have also been descried as Tory Anarchism.
- "anarcho"-monarchism at Anarchy101 Q&A
- Anarcho-Monarchism: Your thoughts and theories
- Overview on altarandthrone.com
- ancapistan by TheSliceman (May 05, 2015) Urban Dictionary. "A hypothetical area of land and/or water where the society is under a Libertarian system of Anarchy known as Anarcho-Capitalism, which is used as a short-hand to ask theoretical questions of how society might function under Anarcho-Capitalism."
- Ordinary Times; Erik Kain, November 12, 2010 : Tolkien’s Anarcho-Monarchism.
- First Things; David Bentley Hart, November 11, 2010: Anarcho-monarchism. (archive snapshot)
- Edniburgh University Press; Yannick Imbert: Tolkien's Shire: The Ideal of a Conservative-Anarchist Distributist Governance. (Journal of Inklings Studies, Volume 3 Issue 1, Page 25-53, ISSN 2045-8797 Available Online Dec 2017 (https://doi.org/10.3366/ink.2013.3.1.3))
- The Zeroth Position; Nullus Maximus, December 31, 2018 : Book Review: Anarcho-Monarchism. (archive snapshot)
- Social Matter; Benjamin Welton, June 14, 2018 : Anarcho-Monarchism, Anarcho-Fascism, And The Anarch. (archive snapshot)