Draft:Intellectual Dark Web
| It doesn't stop|
at the water's edge
The "Intellectual Dark Web" is a neologism coined by economist Eric Weinstein to refer to a group of (mostly right-wing and centrist) pundits, media producers, academics, and so on.
Individuals associated with the term
- Eric Weinstein, American economist, mathematician and managing director of Peter Thiel's Thiel Capital.
- Bret Weinstein, American biologist and the sole progressive of the group.
- Ben Shapiro, American conservative pundit, conspiracy theorist, former Breitbart writer and co-founder of The Daily Wire.
- Dave Rubin, American libertarian/self-proclaimed "classical liberal" host of The Rubin Report.
- Jordan Peterson, Canadian clinical psychologist and social conservative activist.
- Sam Harris, American neuroscientist and one of the "Four Horsemen" of New Atheism.
- Joe Rogan, American UFC commentator and host of The Joe Rogan Experience.
- Michael Shermer, American science writer, editor-in-chief of the magazine Skeptic, and bicyclist.
- Christina Hoff Sommers, American writer for American Enterprise Institute.
- Maajid Nawaz, British activist who advocates for a "moderate, secular Islam."
- Claire Lehmann, Australian alt-right editor-in-chief and founder of Quillette.
- Steven Pinker, American linguist and psychologist.
- Ayaan Hirsi Ali, Somali-born American anti-Islam activist.
- Koch Industries, who provide funding for numerous members.
- Dennis Prager, as many members have hosted PragerU videos, such as Shapiro, Rubin, Peterson and Sommers.
- Alt-lite, the less impressive name given to them by the alt-right.
- Why capitalism won’t survive without socialism Vox. July 25th, 2017.
- Patreon Bars Anti-Feminist for Racist Speech, Inciting Revolt The New York Times. December 24th, 2018.
- Top Patreon creators, of the 'Intellectual Dark Web,' say they're launching an alternate crowdfunding platform not 'susceptible to arbitrary censorship' Business Insider. December 17th, 2018.
- The “Intellectual Dark Web” is a Billionaire-Funded Echo Chamber Medium. August 13th, 2018.
- "What Is Intersectionality?" (Jun 18, 2018)
- Hollywood Wants Your Money...and Your Mind" (Dec 18, 2017)
- "Facts Don't Care About Your Feelings" (May 11, 2017)
- "So, You Think You're Tolerant?" (Jul 9, 2018)
- "Why I Left the Left" (Feb 6, 2017)
- "Dangerous People Are Teaching Your Kids" (Jun 11, 2018)
- "Fix Yourself" (Jan 29, 2018)
- "The Myth of the Gender Wage Gap" (Sep 22, 2014)
- "War on Boys" (May 19, 2014)
- "There Is No Gender Wage Gap" (Mar 16, 2017)