Please do not add categories to the page until it enters mainspace.
Advice: Most draftspace pages go nowhere. If you want the page to get into mainspace, you as the creator of the page should plan to do the work to get the page into mainspace.
| You gotta spin it to win it|
|Stop the presses!|
|We want pictures|
Jacobin is a American socialist magazine and the de facto propaganda arm of the Democratic Socialists of America. It is easily the furthest Left publication in America that still has any relevant reach.
Jacobin places itself in firmly in leftist politics, and advocates democratic socialism. Unlike Bernie Sanders, Jacobin makes it clear that they are not referring to Nordic-style social democracy, though they do acknowledge that it is a good model within the context of a capitalist economy.
Jacobin has very strong opinions on democracy and its staff is very disdainful to any attempts to manipulate or subvert democratic instituions, either directly or through loopholes. An example are an article calling for Jeremy Corbyn to embrace Brexit, and particularly a hard Brexit. Another article also advocated for the United Kingdom to withdraw from the European Union and opposed a second Brexit referendum. The crux of the argument in the latter artcile is about the democratic deficit of the EU, and that calls for second referendums are nothing more than ab attempt to subvert democracy. The article points that Ireland was the only country to put the Lisbon Treaty on a popular referendum in which it was rejected (the other member-states had their legislatures rectify it). Later Ireland had a second referendum in which it approved, though the second referendum had a higher voter turnout.
- It is at least willing to critique the Democratic party from the left at all, which is rare (and needed) in the US media.
The awful and cringe
- Betraying workers after purchasing the British magazine the Tribune, where founder Bhaskar Sunkara promised employment if they took a settlement of only 70% of the back wages they were owed. Instead those workers found themselves unemployed.
- Publishing a fluff piece validating QAnon conspiracists who stormed the Capitol and calling it a true "rainbow coalition"
- Publishing a sympathetic piece on anti-lockdown protestors in which the far-right militia man Christian Yinglin was portrayed as a victim of economic circunstances
- Publishing another simpathetic piece, this time about militia man Ammon Bundy. The interview was retracted when it was exposed as a hoax.
- Publishing fluff pieces on Tucker Carlson
- Publishing articles by Angela Nagle, a plagiarist, who slammed te open borders manufactroversy in the Trump-friendly American Affairs and went on Carlson's show to attack the DSA
- Publishing an article opposing] the firing of racists and nazis (because how dare they face consequences!)
- Interviewing Die Linke MP Sahra Wagenknecht, without making noise about her bigotry against immigrants and muslims
- Doxxing a whistleblower during Trump's first impeachment just as conservative "news" didWhat's the poiint of impeachment?
- Making an eulogy for Eduard Limonov, the founder of the National Bolshevisk Party, and glossing over the violence and bigotry of the NazBol gang
- Walking the Tightrope by Weekly Worker, originally published March 22, 2018. Archived
- Democratic Socialism is not social democracy
- Why the Left Should Embrace Brexit
- Leave the EU Already, originally published in January 2019
- Ireland votes yes to Lisbon treaty
- Jacobin Accused of Reneging on Wage Deal in British Takeover of Tribune Magazine
- The left can't just dismiss anti-lockdown protestors
- Who is Christian Yinglin: Far-right militia leader or protector of the Constitution?
- How a racist troll pretended to be Ammon Bundy on Twitter and punked most of the media
- The preppy populist
- Angela Nagle tag
- Kill all citations: sloppy sourcing plagues "kill all normies" book on SJWs and the alt-right
- The left's case against open borders
- Theses on Nagle, or I See a Red Door and I Want to Paint it Brown
- Trying to get workers fired is the wrong way to fight racism
- Interview with Sahra Wagenknecht of Die Linke
- How Sahra Wagenknecht can do a better job
- Obituary of Eduard Limonov
- From exile to dirtbag edgelord: Geopolitics and the rise of national bolshevism in the US