Please do not add categories to the page until it enters mainspace.
Advice: Most draftspace pages go nowhere. If you want the page to get into mainspace, you as the creator of the page should plan to do the work to get the page into mainspace.
| Parroting squawkbox|
|And a dirty dozen more|
Jay Sekulow (1956–) is an evangelical right wing lawyer and political pundit, whose fundraising skills running the nonprofit American Center for Law And Justice (ACLJ) and associated media empire have made he and his family fabulously wealthy. He also acts as personal legal counsel to Donald Trump.
Sekulow is a self-described Messianic Jew and staunch Zionist. He has argued several times before the Supreme Court of the United States, specializing in First Amendment law related to conservative issues.
Sekulow controls a web of non-profit non-governmental organizations that advocate for right wing and evangelical causes. The ACLJ, the best known of these, presents a "borderline extreme right wing bias" in news reporting.
The ACLJ was opposed to the Defense of Marriage Act and supported discriminatory practices against homosexuals in Kenya and Zimbabwe, going so far as to cozy up with the notorious Zimbabwean dictator Robert Mugabe.
Sekulow's organizations are virulently opposed to abortion, are known for spreading misinformation about abortion issues, and use the abortion debate as a fundraising tactic. Sekulow has provided legal counsel for the extremist anti-abortion group Operation Rescue and other groups with varyling levels of success.
While Sekulow's empire ostensibly supports religious freedom, their support applies only to Christian evangelical causes that share their hard right wing political views. For many years, they have openly encouraged the politicization of the religious right.
- Jay Sekulow
- American Center for Law and Justice
- ACLJ Films
- ACLJ Legacy, Yet another fundraising arm of the family empire, this one run by Adam Sekulow
- PFMS of Georgia Inc., "Full Service Radio and Television Agency For the Christian Market", owned by the Sekulow family
- American Center for Law and Justice (ACLJ) at Media Bias/Fact Check.
- Zimbabwe's Upcoming Elections: Corruption, Homophobia, and U.S. Conservatives. politicalresearch.org, 26 July 2013.
- 10 Things You Should Know About the American Center For Law And Justice. Human Rights Campaign.
- The National Christian Foundation Anti-LGBT Funding Encyclopedia. Two Care Center Against Religious Extremism, 14 June 2014.
- Miranda Blue, Religious Right ‘Freedom And Liberty’ Group ACLJ Backed Russian ‘Gay Propaganda’ And Blasphemy Bans. Right Wing Watch, 19 May 2014.
- Matt Gertz, Jay Sekulow parroted Seth Rich conspiracy theories on Hannity’s Fox show -- then became the president’s lawyer. mediamatters.org, 16 May 2019.
- Sharon Kann, Who Are The Anti-Choice Activists On Evening Cable? Meet the Anti-Choice Figures Who Appear Most Often To Spread Misinformation About Abortion. mediamatters.org, 1 June 2016.
- John Swaine, Trump lawyer uses government action on abortion to raise cash for own group. The Guardian, 24 July 2018.
- Marcia Coyle, Trump Lawyer Jay Sekulow Loses SCOTUS Petition in Abortion Videos Case. The National Law Journal, 2 April 2018.
- Hey Y’All, Jay Sekulow May Have No F**king Clue What He’s Doing. abovethelaw.com, November 2017.
- Jack Jenkins, Trump’s lawyer helped birth the GOP effort to politicize churches. Now his dream may come true. thinkprogress.org, 27 July 2017.
- James H. Andrews, How Other Rights Groups View the ACLJ. Christian Science Monitor, 7 February 1994.